OT: Old joke but worth reheating

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockgor, Nov 14, 2006.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

The veteran Pillsbury spokesman, Pop N. Fresh, died yesterday of a severe yeast infection. He was 71. Known to friends as "Brown-n-Serve," Fresh was an avid gardener and tennis player. He was buried in one of the largest funeral ceremonies in recent years.

Dozens of celebrities turned out including Mrs. Butterworth, the California Raisins, Hungry Jack, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Skippy.

The graveside was piled high with flours as longtime friend, Aunt Jemima, delivered the eulogy, describing Fresh as a man who "never knew how much he was kneaded."

Fresh rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with many turnovers. Sad to say he was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes -- conned by those who buttered him up.

Still, even as a crusty old man, he was a roll model for millions. He enjoyed being prodded by his many friends who invariably poked fun at him.

Perhaps the highlight of his career was when General Mills awarded him a Gold Medal.

Fresh is survived by his second wife. They have two children and another bun in the oven. The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.
  2. mezombie

mezombie Member

Thanks for posting this, Rockgor!
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

I'll have to copy this one out for my kids to read! Thanks for the Lol!,,,,,,,,,,sisland
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

5. victoria

victoria New Member

too bad I can't send you a video clip... it was all about how croissants are made... I'll leave it up to your imagination... I'll never eat another croissant...

roflma,
    Victoria

6. rockgor

Pounds of fun,
    That's my little honey bun.
    Get aload of honey bun tonight.

I saw Julia Child make croissants once. Such a procedure.
    It took all day.

Roll out the dough w/ butter and put it in the refrigerator. Repeat endlessly.

WAY too much trouble for normal people.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Any joke that makes me laugh out loud this early in the morning is well worth reheating!!!

Victoria...what do you know that I don't? I eat croissants (fresh) all the time here in Germany.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  8. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

I'm sure he was a great "roll model" to the Hot Pockets sandwiches.

:) Erika
  9. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Nothing like a joke to brighten the day!

Is the little "honey bun" ditty from South Pacific?[This Message was Edited on 11/15/2006]
  10. rockgor

"Roll model" Good one, Erika.

Yup, Shar. South Pacific. I had one of those "Where have you people been? experiences at a performance of South Pacific about 13-14 years after the show first appeared.

The male chorus was lustily singing "There is nothing like a Dame". The middle-aged lady behind me leaned over and asked her friend in a loud whisper, "Nothing like a what?"

Here's another funeral joke from the same web site:

Sometime after Sidney died, his widow, Tillie, was finally able to speak about what a thoughtful and wonderful man her late husband had been.

"Sidney thought of everything," she told them. "Just before he died, Sidney called me to his bedside. He handed me three envelopes. 'Tillie,' he told me, 'I have put all my last wishes in these three envelopes. After I am dead, please open them and do exactly as I have instructed. Then, I can rest in peace'."

"What was in the envelopes?" her friends asked.

"The first envelope contained $5,000 with a note, 'Please use this money to buy a nice casket.' So I bought a beautiful mahogany casket with such a comfortable lining that I know Sidney is resting very comfortably."

"The second envelope contained $10,000 with a note, 'Please use this for a nice funeral 'I arranged Sidney a very dignified funeral and bought all his favorite foods for everyone attending."

"And the third envelope?" asked her friends.

"The third envelope contained $25,000 with a note, 'Please use this to buy a nice stone.'"

Holding her hand in the air, Tillie said...
    "So, do you like my stone?" showing off her 10 carat diamond ring.

11. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love, alicia
  12. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

you're always good for a chuckle.