OT: On a funny note... tried the Rozerem last night..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Pain doc gave me Rozerem, wanted me to take it with the AMbien, but I was afraid. If you know what commercial they do for this.... it's the one with Abe Lincoln (I think) and a ground hog - very ANNOYING (IMHO).

I looked up their website to see if it interfered with my current meds. I get this video of the darn Ground Hog telling me all about this stuff. Some ppl. on this board liked it (The Rozerem), but I also found alot of ppl. that said they were racey & it did not let then sleep. I read that after I took the pill.

Soooo - my experience: 20 min. later I am feeling drowsy, thinking this stuff is going to work. I basically dozed off and on of light sleep and instead of Going thru my next days list of things to do - THAT DARNED GROUND HOG WAS READING THE LIST TO ME - OVER AND OVER AGAIN, like a broken record, all night long. He WOULD NOT leave me ALONE. Before I walked up to bed (after the pill) I kept hearing sounds... I think that sucker comes and talks to you through the night..... You know they said on the commercial "we miss you in your dreams" ...... Ugghhhh I think they weren't kidding.

I am so darn tired from it, but gave me a good laugh.... I won't be inviting him back tonight.

Weird, huh? LOL
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    Jay Leno Had a joke about this commercial! lollol He said "if you get up in the middle of the nite and Abe Lincoln and a groundhog are in your kitchen then your meds are probably not working right"

Or something to that affect! I don't mean to Laugh but it's funny! Hope you sleep well tonight! with pleasent dreams,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs,,,,,,Sisland
  3. Abbycat

Abbycat New Member

I know this is a light post but I'm wondering why you are taking the two drugs together. I thought it was an either or type of thing. I've taken both and at different times and still wake up 3-4 times a night and have many nights where I don't seem to sleep at all or sleep very lightly.

Taking both these drugs at the same time would cause me to hallucinate.

I do have to say that sleep meds can cause goofy behaviors and strange thoughts. The first week I tried Ambien, I got up in the middle of the night and cooked food. It must have been good, but I don't remember doing it.

That freaked me out a little, but after the first week it was gone and I slept for the first time in my adult life. The groudhog may bother you but you do have to give the drugs more than one day to work.

I have RA so I'm used to waiting three months to see if there is any effect, and three months after that. Please don't give up so easily. I think the docs are trying to help us, but we do have to give it a chance.

Hope the giant rodent doesn't bother you too much. Personally, the guy in the stovepipe hat seems much more creepy to me. Ha, ha!

Abbycat
  4. baanders

baanders New Member

for me it was next day depression and nightmares. I'll never do that again :)

best wishes
    baanders
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI friends... So sorry - I missed your responses until now.

Sisland - I missed that Jay Leno... too funny & my thoughts exactly!LOL! Back to sleeping part of the night with the Ambien (atleast it is quiet)

Abbycat - I questioned why I was to take both together & I was scared to, so I just took the Rozerem instead. He said the Ambien would put me to sleep but the Rozerem would keep me asleep. I know you say to give it some time but - That ground hog needed a bath & would not stop talkin' - LOL

Baanders - so sorry that happened to you. Something I would not want to try again!
    Thanks ALL.
    Hugs:)
    Kim