OT one of my dogs has Lymphoma nothing they can do

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Jul 12, 2006.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

One of our mini schnauzers has Lymphoma.There is nothing they can do for Duke he is only 3 yrs old .I am so sad.My DH just told me he did not what to say anything while I was away.

He is on prednison takes one every 2 hrs.The vet said he is not suffering yet.

He is still so full of life you cant tell he is so sick.

We will have to put him to rest as soon as the vet tells us he is to far gone.

My other 3 will miss him so much.And I don't know how I will take it.Right now I'm numb .Duke is one of our pups from our one and only litter.

Please pray for my duke that he will not suffer at all.

Sue
  2. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

It is so hard to have a sick animal,they are as bad as baby's.
    I know this is a hard time on you as I have gone through the same thing with a dog.
    My prayers are with you.
    Love and hugs,
    Mary
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

The vet said that it was from a tick bite that he had months ago.

He said that it caused an infection that they did not notice and that infection is what caused it.
    Do you know what that means. We need to all be weary of tick bites you never know what they carry.

Sue
  4. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I am so sorry to hear this. You know I have Schnauzers also. I can't imagine how you feel. Yes, your other ones will miss him so much.

I will be praying for you and Duke. My heart just goes out for all of you.

Please keep me in touch. I clicked on your thread as soon as I saw it was you.

Again, I am so sorry.

Hugs,

Jodi
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

so sorry to hear about your baby. But whoever said you never know is right, miracles do occur, there are spontaneous recoveries.

I'm glad he has no idea there is anything wrong with him. wonder if it would help at all to try to build his immune system? Not sure what you would use tho.

That is very interesting what your vet said about a possible tick bite, ensuing infection causing a lymphoma! I hope you ask him for more specifics and tell us? First time I've heard that - sacry!

all the best,
    Victoria

PS: Glad you had a good time in Georgia!
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I am really sorry about your dog.Can you tell me how you found this out ?what was the dog doing to let you know something was wrong.
  7. suzetal

suzetal New Member

My husband noticed that his neck was swollen.It was the glands in his neck.

I also whant to thank everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Sue
  8. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

There is a website sparky fight's back. I don't know if it will help your dog, but may be worth a try.

I love my dog's and have gone through losing them to cancer. it is heartbreaking. I am so sorry.

my thought's and prayer's go out to you.

i hope you find some help on that site, should you choose to use it.

best wishes to you and your dog,

claudia
  9. KittyCare

KittyCare New Member

Dear Sue,
    I am so sorry about Duke!!! You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. Here is a big soft (((HUG))). I have always been an animals lover. I have lost several furbabies. I will always miss them but I believe we will see them again. That is wonderful that he doesn't feel sick. Like others said, enjoy this time. Make sure to take a few pictures. We all care about you and are here for you anytime you need us. And you never know. Miracles do happen. Love and Hugs

Kittycare
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

I am so sorry to about your Duke. I just lost my 15 year kitty last march, He was feline aids positive at 2 so to live to be 15 was amazing. I went to bed and he was sleeping in his little place and petted him and went to bed.

The next morning I found him laying in the kitchen floor, like he was just sleeping. I knew when I went to pick him up he already gone and watching over me. I put in his favorite blanket and put him a box and buried him on the tallest point of ny property.

I know you will enjoy what time you have left. Take lots of pictures and videos

Again, I am sorry so for you are going thru-Carla
  11. spmary

spmary New Member

I am so very sorry your fur-baby has that. As others have said,just enjoy the time you have with him and make him as comfortable as possible. Wish I could be there and hug you both. I have an old Jack Russell who is the light of my life, and dread the day that she has to leave us. But she has brought so much joy into our lives,hope we can let her leave with dignty when the time comes. Love to you all,spmary
  12. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I definitely will be praying for youe Duke, and for your entire family. I am glad you are making the decision to put him to rest rather than let him suffer needlessly. What a difficult time for you all, though.

I will be praying for you....

((((Hugs))))
    Pam
  13. CarolynAnne

CarolynAnne New Member

I know how you feel.

My dog Bailey had stomach cancer and we put her to rest in May. Think positive and know every day is a gift with Duke. I will keep Duke in my prayers.
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is always so sad when our pets are sick or dying. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Love, Mikie
  15. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

Had to put down a 2 yr old Brittany last year, it is so hard! I'm sorry y'all are having to go thru this, and will pray for relief for everyone, Duke included.

Warmly,

maggie
  16. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am so very sorry-is there just nothing-this is so sad.

I just learned that people with Hashimotos thyroid disorder are more than 80% more likely to develop lymphoma than the general population and I wonder if this dear doggie has a thyroid issue?

My prayers are with you, it is always heartbreaking.

Love Anne Cromwell
  17. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Oh SUE! (((((((((((BIG Hug))))))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear of Duke being sick, and at such a young age!

I will keep both of you in my prayers.
  18. BethM

BethM New Member

Sue, I am so sorry to hear the news about Duke. Our furkids are family, and it's hard when they get sick. Like others here, I've been through it too, with my animals.

Please remember to take care of yourself, ok? And enjoy whatever amount of time you have with Duke.

Peace and hugs to you,
    Beth.
  19. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

OT, beautiful picture in your profile!

So sorry to hear about Duke. Nothing can ease your pain, but I hope my words will comfort you some.
    Duke has had the blessing of being in a great family.
    You will see him in heaven, but in the meantime, he will be up there with someone you have loved and lost to keep them company until you reunite.
    (Yes, I believe all pets go to heaven)
    Your lives are richer because of him, cherish your memories and photos and keep his spirit alive.
    Kiss him, hod him and love him for as long as he is able to be here with you.

God bless you, your family and lil Duke.

Love and heartfelt wishes, Stacey

P.s. Could you post a photo of him?
    I would love to see him, if you can.
    My pup is in my profile, fur babies are the best!

[This Message was Edited on 07/13/2006]
  20. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Thanks every one.I posted a note from Duke.

Sue