ot-online college students help me out here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Oct 13, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it looks like i will be needing some surgery on right elbow...he said i won't be able to use my right hand at all for like 5-6 weeks...i will plan on the latter, 6 wks...

so i was supposed to take pre-algebra and english...and i had thought about picking up another class but i will wait now...

but to do math i will need to do use my right hand...to write the equations...so i thought about maybe i can get a transcriber at school for my math, but i will need to check in w/disability dept. not sure if that is an option..

point i am getting at is...if i drop my math i will need to pick up something else in place of it...maybe speech...or critical thinking class...

so then i can use my dragon speaking naturally and not need to use my right hand...

i have never taken a online course in my lifetime...

i am thinking about purchasing the program for my home computer if i don't hear from state voc rehab soon...

they have a new one out that costs about 200.00 then can get a 50$ rebate now..

but dragon doesn't do math that i know of...sure it doesn't...but i can dictate english and maybe speech class etc..stuff like that...

so i was thinking this may keep me in the scheme of things on my schedule..for a bit...

what is anyone's imput...?

jodie
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2006]
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

tell her i admire all the hard work she is doing!

that is funny you mentioned san jose st...that is where the exhb lives...and depending on what major i do that could possibly be one place i may need to go...

time will tell...

i am just trying to stay somewhat on schedule on the scheme of what will be my possible major....

so you get to do online course as well? i thought you would need to do that sort of thing in person, but what do i know...

thank you for your imput...

jodie
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

what did you major in again? i keep on forgetting...i just tried to search you but i spelled your name wrong...this is so funny when i am thinking of you to post you are responding to me on one of my posts...

esp maybe?

my brother is taking online courses in michigan...he told me he meets about once a month to go take tests ect..

so i guess i shouldn't worry too much...i think about still taking the pre-algebra...and i will talk to the disability dept...and see what they can offer me...they will provide me a note taker in classes...

i just don't want to fall too far behind schedule...but what the heck what else do i have to do...? go to the dr's.lol

my eops counselor said just concentrate on getting well and keeping up the good grades...this is a really good bunch of people that work at that college...i can't emphasize it more...

but thank you so much for sharing....

i need to share myself w/my bedroom it needs a straightening up...

lots of hugs

jodie