OT: Open Barn Vol. 3

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by morningsonshine, Oct 10, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Goodmorning to all!!

Thank you for enjoying the barn with everyone!

We've had soup, and apples, and alot of horsey talk!

Jodie, went for a hayride, and ate all the apples!
    and i just realized our new horse friend,

Evol, is from New Zealand, and they have nice horse there. Isn't New Zealand where they filmed The Lord of the Rings?

Beautiful landscape!

misty

2. tobelct

tobelct Guest

Well befor I head out thought I'd stop by the barn and feed the barn cats and check on the horses sure getting cold in the am.

Thought I tell you about a horse I seen yesterday.

With my own two eyes a seen a Palamino Morgan. Had to see it to believe it.

Made the guy bring out the register papers as well. Did not look Palamino to me but hay there is a first for everything.

This here filly was what I have known as an agrulla color.
    Mousy brown with silver white mane and tell. Not sure were they got the palamino from but it was gorgouse anyway.

I don't know maybe that is what a Palamino color looks like in the morgan world.

Well next door to this filly there was Apple now she was pretty thing. Fine lines through the jaw bone with a delicute head about her. She was littrally sitting there hind down front up watching all the comotion. What a buety.
    She was just set there as if she was a princess and we revolved around her. But what a cuty. She even gave kisses and hugs.

Did you notice the new barn kitten it followed me home from this place. REALLY. thing folloed me ever were from the horses to the cows to the chicken over by the rabbits even over to the dogs finally a gave up and picked it up and took it home.

Neverthe less my husband isn't talking to me anymore.;)

Well PPLs made ya all some coffee and left the donuts on the counter. check on the baby kitten as you wonder in and out. She may get hungery and oh ya her name is mischief.

check in later.
    tobelct.
  3. morningsonshine

Hey!

Did you see my post to you on the other Vol.II??
    I was hoping you could get us a picture to see. Because i'm wondering if that horse is really a Perlino, instead of a palimino??

Perlino is a double dilute gene, and can look alot like a palimino. It's a neat color if you are into the duns, and grulla, and buckskins.

Mischief has attached herself to Norman, and is pestering him, but i think he likes having a little friend.
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

Hi guys.
    Its getting chilly here.just had my cowboy coffee,with alittle hazelnut creamer in it.I know thats cheating but I like it.
    Well the horses are all out of their stalls and in the pasture for the day,ours have been getting winter hair for a month now I don"t know if that means a cold winter or not.

I just planted a few fall flowers so guess I"ll have to cover them tonight I want them to get a good root system so they"ll come up next spring.
    Well guys I have to get busy and get some laundry done check with ya"ll later, have a great day.
    sixtyslady
  5. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Tobelct, that sounds to me like either a chocolate palomino or a silver dapple but the silver dapple gene is only found in the Shetlands, Rocky mountain horses and some horse breed in Australia I think.

Gretchen
  6. morningsonshine

Hi,
    I put a new picture in my profile of my arab i wrote about. It's not nearly as good as the picture you posted once.

But it shows us.

Cheating is the best way when it comes to coffee, love the hazelnut stuff, right now i found some great coconut cream.

Well i have to get my avon in by noon, so i better get my buxx moving!

foggyfroggy, don't make you want to see a picture!!! I love all the different colors horses come in!

Keep the snow out, let's shut to doors and move into our state of the art, barn office, with couches in it! Don't forget to bring in the kitties
  7. morningsonshine

There is a sweet little mare for you in the back, she's just what you need, she has a bit of spunk, but will never leave you in the dust.

She loves to please, just look at here big soft brown eyes, and long lashes.

With her sweet head, and personality, and steady dispostion, i believe she's a Quarab, or paint/arab?

Dark bay, with four high stockings, and a star.

Have fun, and take an apple.
  8. morningsonshine

9. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

i checked out your picture,nice looking arab.
    I"m waiting for some picture of the pony we just got then I"ll post them.

hey guys better pull those long johns out. If we want to sit around the hay at the barn tonight.

I guess we could start a big camp fire out side and sit around it to keep warm.

well its getten toward sun down here and my guys will be comming home so best get supper started.
    see ya later after all the chores are done and we can just sit in the quite and listen to the horses munch their hay,til we all get sleepy. happy trails, sixtyslady
  10. tobelct

tobelct Guest

Thanks for helping unload the hay. Im glad I got some more in before it starts to get to slick.

The little red chestnut doen there the cute one with the wild hair do had a slight bloody nose this am. Thought I would tell you. Cleaned it out and seemed ok then. Do you think it maybe from the dry sinuses.

thanks for the coffee its great with hazlenut.

Wow pooped out from they hay think Ill turn in. Ill check on the babies in the am.

Boy can that mischief eat. Look she ate her whole bowl of food. And she is such a little thing too.

I think Ill bring her in tonight it is too cold.

tobelct
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i don't own any horses..riden a few..

friend had horses so we would take hers out...riding...

got to get some sleep good night everyone

jodie
  12. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I'm glad so many made it to the barn yesterday. I felt horrible most of the day, maybe the change of weather. Cold front moved in, rainy all day. This morning is cold, 33, but looks like it'll be sunny.

I did write a short post here but somehow managed to erase it I guess.

Morningsonshine (do you have a nickname, maybe MSS?) the term you are looking for about breeding your mare with frozen semen is Artificial Insemination or AI. We did a lot of equine reproduction work at the vet clinic I worked at here in Ohio. It was very interesting (sometimes dangerous)but it was always exciting to see the results almost year later.

Tolbect I missed how old this alleged palamino filly is. Is it possible she could shed out lighter? I'm always amazed at how foals can change color as they mature and am hopeless at predicting what they'll end up.

Better go feed my guys,
    Shar
  13. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

its snowing here really big flakes.
    well we haven"t had indian summer yet so it has to warm up. (right)?
    horses are frisky this morning from the cold weather.
    Had to take my bichon to get trimmed , he almost makes me cry when I leave ,he stands there and barks like he doesn"t want to stay.

Tommorow in our little city my cousin and her husband are taking the mail ,by horse back on the old pony express route.her husband is a direct descendant,of the first mail carrier.hes using the same mail bags, that where used so many years ago.

Its suppose to be quite cold again tommorow, I want to go and viedo tape it.

The"ll be on the route and stop over the first night.
    will arrive at the point the next day and then theres a big dinner planned.someone is broading their horses and the local bed & breakfast will put them up.

My husband rode in the 1976 pony express,and I drove the truck and trailer, but we all camped.and then finished the route the next day.

Gotta go and get some task done.
    sixtyslady
  14. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

That sounds really neat, maybe you can post a picture for us!

Well, I put the cats in the tackroom for the night since it's getting so cold out and maybe they'll catch that mouse that jumped out of the feed barrel this morning - don't want him nesting in the saddle blanket!

Funny story for later about how that happened to me once.

See ya in the morning

Gretchen
  15. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

16. evol_or_revert

evol_or_revert New Member

Yip they filmed lord of the rings in new zealand.

We have alot of race horses here too.

We have a nice climite(sp)for horses down here. Hardly any stables most horses live outside winter and summer. But no stables means no areans so most people dont get much of a chance to ride in an arean unless they build there own.

We have just been though a long winter so im really looking forward to the summer as we have the oppisite seasons to you on the other side of the world :D
  17. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

that's right, I forgot! OK everyone, we're goin to NZ for the winter (ya better have an extra room or two). Can we bring the kitties?
  18. tobelct

tobelct Guest

Went and done it again..... forgot for a brief minute that I can no longer ride like 10 miles and got myself rangled into a 7 mile ride. Now Ive done about everything to talk myself out of this ride but she don't seem to be budging. So tomorrow I get to go for a ride.

We are taking my now her Arabian/Quarter to her house. And sence my husband has the truck and I can't haul him I guess we get to ride. Sence she does not know how to get him from my house to hers I get to go along too.

So on Sunday when I can't function would you all look after the horses for me I will still have 4. Cause we all know were IM going to be.

Tobelct
  19. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I'm soooo lost in here!

Oh wait, I've found the barn cat. And it doesn't mind being petted. :) Perhaps I'll just settle into this hay and sip my hot cocoa.

By the way, Rockgor wanted me to tell ya'll that he'll be mucking out the stalls today. ;) Isn't that swell of him?
    ((xx)) Shannon
  20. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I smelled the..............hot chocolate.

Goodness, these horses are big! They've always scared me just a little bit. Once when I was president of our local Chamber of Commerce I had to sit on a horse for an event we were having. Scared the .... out of me! And if that wasn't enough, the next year I rode an elephant! THAT is some ride, let me tell you. Elephants' gait don't go front to back like horse, they go side to side and around. Besides that, your feet are sticking out like sticks at your side and you're hanging on to the elephant's very coarse hair hoping you won't fall off. An amazing experience that I prefer not to repeat.

Gotta go. I'm thinking of taking a nap.

Marta