OT: Oven Fried Chicken??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Feb 2, 2006.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

Does anyone out there have a wonderful tasty recipe for oven fried chicken?

thanks.
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

I'll try it. I'm trying to stay away for frying, even though I love home fried chicken (smile)

Kendra
  3. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

Dip chicken parts (we often buy organic chicken thighs from Sheltons) into seasoned corn meal. I season the corn meal with whatever dried seasonings we like--for us, it is thyme, basil, ground garlic powder, pepper. Place the chicken skin side down in lightly oiled pan (like a tsp). Bake in 425 degree oven for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken over and bake for another 15 minutes. Good recipe for those of us who are gluten intolerant.

Blessings to you. Jen102
  4. cosmoo

cosmoo New Member

Here is oneyou might want to try, it's called Peppery Oven Fried Chicken
    #1--(This receipe is for a 3lb chicken so adjust accordingly, also I never use this much butter and oil only enough to lighlty coat the chicken).

3 Tbls. butter
    3 Tbls. canola or olive oil
    1/2 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
    1/4 flour
    1/2 tsp.salt
    1/2 tsp. black pepper
    1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
    1/4 tsp. white pepper
    Chicken

Preheat oven to 400. Place butter and oil in 9 x 13 pan and set in oven to melt. Remove the pan from the oven as soon as the butter is melted or it many burn.
    Combine the bread crumbs, flour, salt, peppers and cayenne in a paper or plastic bag.
    Roll the chicken all over the melted butter and oil, then shake the pieces, one at a time, in the bread crumb mixture until coated. Shake off any excess. Placechicken, skin side up in the pan.
    Bake for 40-45 minutes, until coating is browned and crispy.

Note: The chicken can be coated with crumbs a few hours ahead and then refrigerated. Remove from the refrigerator 15 to 20 minutes before baking.
  5. You gals are making me hungry! LOL! I wish I had a cook, I am tired of cooking, but do like to eat.
  6. kch64

kch64 New Member