OT: Party Recipe - "Omelet In A Bag"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Sep 4, 2005.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

A friend of mine sent me the following recipe.

It's for a party, or when you have overnight guests.

I have never tried it, so I don't know if it works or not!

If you ever try it, let me know how it turns out!!

Janet

OMELET IN A BAG

Have guests write their name on a quart-size freezer bag (zip-up type) with permanent marker.

Butter the inside of the bag.

Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2), shake to combine them.

Have a variety of ingredients already prepared (diced, etc.) such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc. -- whatever you like in an omelet.

Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shakes.

Make sure to get the air out of the bag, and zip it up.

Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes.

You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.

Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily.

Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.

Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets involved in the process, and a great conversation piece!

2. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

What a great idea and sounds delicious
    Sue
  3. Musica

Musica New Member

I printed it off and just might try it, even without all the extra stuff, just to see if it works! Boiling it in a boil bag sounds a little weird, but who knows.

I just found out that in England, they have omelette sets for parties. It's like the idea of a fondue, but there are miniature pans over the heat, so that each person can choose their own ingredient and make their own little omelettes. I wonder why they don't have those here. It sounds like there are a lot of good possibilities with those, like for individual crepes.
  4. JimB

JimB New Member

... and Ralph ole buddy, ya gotta lighten up sometimes

or you'll die or get sick from all those fear/anxiety thoughts going directly to the hypothalamus gland which then transfers wrong impulses and chemicals to the to the body.

Peace. Jim

:)
  5. Musica

Musica New Member

I planned to come back to this post, anyway, because I wondered about the 13 minutes. It sounds like forever to cook eggs!
  6. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

the last two days. If I did this on a day when I feel sort of good, I could have my breakfasts for a week or two instead of eating unhealthy stuff when I don't feel well enough to cook. Might try Mom's seal a meal. Any other freezer recipes would be great. This would help with my diabetic regulations.

THANKS!!
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I finally got to try these, too! Cleanup is much easier boiled in a bag than done in a pan. That's what I like!

Edit: Forgot, I spray the bag with butter-flavored Pam instead on buttering it.[This Message was Edited on 09/07/2005]
  8. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

bump -- sounds great, so I'm bumping for others.
  9. elsa

elsa New Member

Do I have to wait for a party? I'm just lazy enough to
    want to fix this for myself and hubby on Sundays. Do you think it would work in a microwave. I know you can do hard boiled eggs that way!

I may have to "sacrifice" a carton of eggs to see!!

Thanks for posting this ....

Elsa
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

I don't know about the microwave ..... the closed bag might explode!!!