OT: Please post your favourites "you know you have FMS when..."

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by no1buddybear, Jul 25, 2010.

1. no1buddybear

no1buddybear New Member

Hi all,

I have seen quite a few of these funny sayings around over the years - there are some that I really loved but now can't find them anywhere. Please post all the ones you can remember!!

Thanks!!

(some were along the lines of most of the clothes I own are pjays etc)
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

I dont have fibro but cfs and chronic lower back problems, heres my saying when my back is playing up. Im walking around like a half open pocket knife.

cheers!!!
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

dustbunnies become pets

when people ask if your drunk and your not but wish you were...

your 1st grader can spell better than you

flies buzz around you cuz you thought that shower was 2days ago when it really was 2wks ago

4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I found this list today and thought I share it with all, it is comprised by members current and in the past. I hope you enjoy the laugh.

You know you have FM/CFS when…..

You still have a sense of humor when most people would have been committed.

You know who your real friends are.

Everyone asks why you're getting "dressed up" when you ask for someone to help you brush your hair.

Your pajamas are now your everyday clothes.

People come to you for medical advice instead of their family doctor.

You don't worry about avoiding temptation. With CFS, it will avoid you.

You know you have CFS when getting lucky means you found your car in the parking lot.

You know you have CFS when you're sitting in a rocker and you can't get it started.

You know you have CFS when you wake up with that morning-after feeling, and you didn't do anything the night before.

You know you have CFS when you have to sit down to brush your teeth in the morning.

You know you have CFS when you get up to change the TV channel and decide as long as you're up, you might as well go to bed.

You know you have CFS when everything that works hurts and what doesn't hurt doesn't work.

You know you have CFS when you can't finish a conversation, because you don't remember what you were talking about.

You know you have CFS when you have to get rid of your dog; he kept trying to drag you to the yard to bury you.

You know you have CFS when you get the vacuum out because, by golly, today's the day your going to DO SOMETHING, and then you have to lay down and get hubby to put the stupid thing away. Unused.

You know you have CFS because it's hard to be nostalgic when you can't remember anything.

You boil the kettle dry three times to get one cup of tea.

You read 100 e-mails from your online support group, and then realize you're in the trash folder.

You no longer need to remember your name when you call the dr as the receptionist recognizes your voice!

You read this post and wonder who is writing about you.

You moved and your old pharmacy closed.

You get in the car and sit down on the passenger side then realize that you came to the mall alone.

You keep trying to unlock the door to the house with the car remote.

You put your dinner in the oven and try to light the fridge.

You get lost 200 yards from home.

You sign a document and then realize you've spelled your own surname wrong.

The easiest way to open the jar of pickles is to throw them on the floor.

You just spray the cats down with pledge and throw them across the furniture.

You go to visit someone in the hospital and you are jealous of them because they get to lie down!

Any conversation can suddenly turn into a round of "Charades".

You take your teenager to the mall and the first thing you look for is a chair/couch you can sit down in.

Your 74 year old mother is wearing you out when you take her to town and you have to limit her to two stores versus the 5 she wants to go too.

You wonder if 40 is too young for "meals on wheels" food delivery.

You can no longer schedule morning appts.

You don't own a hair dryer because you can't hold it up.

You wake up and need a nap two hours later.

Your pets love it when you drop something on the floor, because they know that now you'll be down there for awhile :)

You are getting really graceful at crawling up stairs on your hands and knees.

You get an electric toothbrush, because the manual kind just takes too much energy.

You switch to dish liquid to wash with because it rinses off so quickly and you know you only have a tiny window of time to get showered.

On a good day, you sit on your wheeled desk chair to roll around pushing the vacuum cleaner in front of you. This is your biggest exercise workout for the month.

Your friends & family are used to you lying down on the floor suddenly, casually & without warning in the middle of a conversation with no break in the flow of your sentence.

You keep looking for the keys in your purse while you’re holding them in your hand.

You call the same person three times in one day to tell them exactly what you told them the first time.

You call your husband by the dog's name on a continual basis and get angry when he doesn't answer.

You forget how to get back to your house that you have lived in for four years.

You knock yourself out by running into a cabinet door (tree, furniture etc...)

You wake up and can't remember your husband’s name.

You search an entire day for your remote control and find it by accident in the crisper drawer of your refrigerator.

You have everything you need to live for a week on your nightstand

You're only 42 and you seriously think about buying a wheelchair so your husband can push you in the stores.

[This Message was Edited on 01/12/2010]
  5. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

All too true.

Couple years ago I ordered flowers to be sent to my ailing aunt. When the Florist
    asked for my address, I had to hunt around and find an envelope.

And so we see from all these, that once again comedy and tragedy are
    intertwined.

Rock
  6. loto

loto Member

You wait and wonder what the next problem/symptom will be....

loto
  7. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

....and this might be in Debra's list but I couldn't concentrate long enough to read all of it!

"You know you have CFS/FM when you don't even tell your doctor about your hair bleeding and your elbows turning blue because you know the response will be 'Oh, it's probably just your CFS/FM.'"
  8. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

My favorite from the list: You know you have CFS when you're sitting in a rocker and you can't get it started.

You call your husband from the other side of the house knowing he can't hear you but you get frustrated when he doesn't answer.
  9. CK_mouse

CK_mouse New Member

I wanted a bowl of ice cream. I washed the scoop and put it in the towel holder and kept hold of the towel. I looked everywhere for the scoop, called in my neighbor to help me look for it. About 10 minuets later I found it, and had my ice cream.
  10. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Please don't think I complied this whole list....I still be in the ICU. Lots of members added to the list and I just remembered to save it:)

My favorite has to calling your husband by our dogs name and then get mad cause your husband won't answer you!

Deb
  11. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

That was great. I was reading going 'yep," "yep" and luckily I did find humor in it even the parts that I can personally relate to.

You gotta keep that sense of humor....you've gotta keep laughing.

Thanks for posting!
  12. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Oh, these are priceless, so funny, how could anyone with these conditons not smile while reading them, so very true............Hugs, Chelz.
  13. hangininthere

hangininthere Active Member

Bringing this old post up for some laughs. Add yours.

Patti