OT please see pic of new baby in the family.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by laura81655, Jul 3, 2006.

1. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

This is Riley, he is a 8 week old - Sheltie. We picked him up on Sat. and the breeder said all was fine, well, it wasn't. When we got home he had runny stools with flecks of blood. We took him to the Vet and they gave him some medicine for a parasite and also gave him liquids, sub-cutaneous. Today, he is doing so much better ! I hope he will start to eat better and gain some weight. At the Vet he only weighed 3.2 lbs.

I am upset with this breeder because she did not let me know about this. She was recommended to me by the President of The Shetland Sheepdog Club.

Well, my DH said that he is ours now and to just move forward, I know he is right, we are so in love with him already.

-Laura
  2. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

It is awful!!!!! I hope your baby is better soon!!!!
    Too many breeders are out for $$$$....I know there are reputable ones, but when you get down to it, how can you be sure????
    My shih poo (see profile) is my heart...he was a private adoption....I wouln't know what to do without him.
    He comes before me always....his needs come first.
    That's how all pets should be treated.
    God Bless you and Riley.
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Aw...sorry he so sicky-poo!

He's just adorable!
    Give him doggy kisses from me!
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Poor little boy, he was so sick when you got him. Thank goodness he has you to take care of him. He looks so sweet, but not feeling well.

I hope he feels better soon. I would sure contact the person you bought him from and let her know the puppy is sick. Just so she will know to take better care of the animals, etc. I would never give him back either, it is not his fault someone did not take care of him.

5. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

For your kind words....yes, Shelties are very smart. My older one understands certain words too like "Bath"...then turns around and walks away :)
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Hes beautiful! Im glad you are his mom now take good care of him ,He looks so sweet!