OT: Poll: Just for fun. What is you favorite odd food?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Aug 11, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

I like to eat-what I have been told by LIL (live in love), family, and friends-odd combinations of food.

For the moment let's not think about whether they're good for us or not if you don't mind :)

Have fun!!!!

Here are mine I hope it doesn't gross anyone out. I do not eat these on a regular basis mind you...LOL

1. Mayonnaise and peanut butter on a biscuit

2. WV hot dog which has chili, coleslaw, mustard, onions
    (so good it'll make you slap your mama)

3. Beacon and tomato sandwiches (not really odd but very good!!)

4. Dill pickle relish and peanut butter sandwiches (very good)

5. Beefaroni with sour cream followed by pickled corn (no I am not pregnant)

OK come on y'all 'fess up.

I can't be the only one here that eats odd food combinations or am I?

Thanks,

Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 08/12/2006]
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Well, I'm not sure how odd some of the foods I like are but here goes:

1. When in a hurry, I'll cook some orzo in some chicken broth till done and dip over butter and sliced almonds on plate; sometimes add salt. Yummmy!!!!!

2. Cook spaghetti noodles, drain, pour in bowl and pour in ketchup over it; stir and eat. Yummy!!!

3. This is new one for me: sliced fruit; apples, grapes, cantaloupe, etc. dipped in a soft caramel sauce. Now that's more of a YUMMY!!!!!

Sorry, I know I have more and even more odd but can't think of anymore now. Will add if I think of them later.

Good post,

BlueSky555
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Here are two staples from my childhood.

1) tuna omelet
    2) hot dish: potato chips, tuna, cream soup.

When I grew up I discovered other people thought these were somewhat odd. Easy to make tho. Not many ingredients, and if you like, you can add things: mushrooms, capers, etc.
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

let's just not think about the health stuff for now just a little break...LOL

Rockgor- Tuna with potato chips sounds uhmmmm interesting...LOL ;)

I have a couple of friends who love BBQ chips on scrambled eggs never could bring myself to try it though it just didn't look right. :)

Blusky555-Not so sure about the noodles and catsup I'll have to think long and hard on that one...LOL

What is orzo?

This is a good start,

[This Message was Edited on 08/11/2006]
  5. jjdg

jjdg New Member

ice cream and potato chips
    fries and mayo
    raw beef with garlic and salt(cannibal sandwich)
    fries dipped in frosty
    white pizza w/anchovies and garlic
    of course i haven't had any of theses goodies in a while,except the pizza,suffered for it too, but sure was good.
    janet
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and Denver omelets topped with sour cream and guacamole.Linda
  7. mrpain

mrpain New Member

If your only talking about odd combinations of food then the only one I have is a peanut butter, ketshup, and mustard, on a three slice of bread sandwich. A dill pickle, and a chocolate milk shake. My dad taught me that one and it is surprisingly good. Everything else I eat is just regular stuff like pizza and bar-b-que with the fixings.........................and home cooking type foods.
  8. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I don't know if this is strange to anyone else, but here's one my Mama tought me

Large white lima beans with bread & butter pickles and mayonais bread.

I HATE bread/butter pickles by themselves and totally dislike lima beans, but together they are great!

One other which is common here in the south is cornbread and milk. Eaten like cereal.
  9. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Tart green apples and cheese
  10. kjfms

kjfms Member

Wake I knew you could do-just for fun hehe ;)

hey Fight I will admit I drink milk with everything love it!
    No pickles and ice cream though or cranberries...LOL oh go on you might as well tell you've got me wondering now...

jjdg is that a steak tartar kind of thing?

lovethesun- my mother likes spinach that way.

mrpain- that has got to be the oddest sandwich I have ever heard of and you like it uhmmm you sure are interesting (I mean that in a good way :))

Kathleen- cornbread and milk love it. Have you ever tried it with butter milk? yuuuuuuumy!!!

suzetal- sounds good.

mustluvdogs- wow I used to do that when I was younger still have a swig every now and again...LOL who'd thunk it?

This is fun oh BTW did I mention that I get to make comments ;)

Karen
  11. twerp

twerp New Member

P'nut butter and Miracle Whip sandwich
    Smoked oysters - whole can, as a meal
    Escargot (snails)

Hugs,
    Twerp
  12. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

1. Soup Beans with vinegar

2. Peanut Butter with Syrup

3. Pizza dipped in French Dressing

4. Fries and Mayo

5. Grits with Fried Eggs mixed together.

This is making me hungry.....lol

Fun Post!

carolin
  13. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I cannot think of anything yet and maybe I shouldn't have read the responses first...Kinda blew my mind here...

Not only am I nauseous now but I may have found the reason for what ails us...Look what we eat!!!! LOL!!!!!!

I will return sometime later when I have something to compare to the previous menu items...

Geez, I'm just having poor lil ole chicken veggie lasagne for dinner...With a glass of wine...Sounds kinda boring now

Should I douse it with ketchup or have a glass of milk with it...WOW!!! I never ate such wierd things (I don't think) so I will think some more and use my hubby's brain (what's left), see what he comes up with...

Keep 'em coming while I'm gone...I will be bringing along a lil brown baggie for my next tour thru this thread...tehe

Notice the green faced lil man...He looks how I feel...haha

THOUGHT OF ONE ~Liverwurst and ketchup on Wonder (I never thought that was wierd til now)
    ANOTHER ONE ~ Tuna and tomato on Wonder (You guys are more interesting than I)
  14. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

This is cool....

Cornbread mashed up in chili or homemade veggie soup, or lima beans,or stewed cabbage...(OK cornbread mashed up in most anything then) with sweet iced tea, of course, I am a southern girl

Fried okra with field peas

Soft serve cone or frosty with fries

Well done,crisp patty sausage crumbled in grits

Saltines crumbled up in chicken noodle soup

Oh, and 1 more I cannot leave out, nacho cheese doritos with taco sauce drizzled over them and melted cheese on top (my own nachos...been eating those since 1984,now my son does the same)

[This Message was Edited on 08/11/2006]
  15. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

these came from my chihldhood days;

1.j Parsnips fried til brown in sugar and butter-crunchy brown on outside - really sweet!

2. Boiled eggs that soaked in pickled beet juice for a week.

3 Buttered toast with hot milk poured over it (add pepper)

4. Lunch of cold cereal and milk plus long refrigerator pickle spears.

5. Fried Dill pickles.

i wouldnt eat this but pastor friend pours milk into his bowl of chili.

May think of more later!!!

Fun post.

Joan
  16. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

Ok here goes

1) peanut butter and choc chip sandwich

2) tripple decker mayo and peanut butter sandwich ( online with yours)

3)pinapple sandwich with mayo

4) now this was a fav of my husb not mind---hog brain and scramble eggs with ketchup-ewwww

5) my all time fave growing up---hot cooked minute rice smothered in brown sugar and covered in milk and eat it like it was cereal...yummmm
    51/2) and just for a snack like to have pretzels and cake icing-dip prezles with icing you get salty and sweet yummy

hey did't say I had good eating habits

blueskies to you
  17. libra55

libra55 New Member

My favorite is (are ya ready for this) baked beans and vanilla ice cream.

Michelle
  18. kjfms

kjfms Member

twerp- Love the name. My sister is crazy for scrambled eggs and ketchup not for me though...LOL

Carolin- Soup beans with vinegar uhhmmm now that one I have never heard of interesting...I think. I do like peanut butter and syrup but never allow myself to eat it very often I am to big as it is.

mamadove- Have a glass of butter milk with pepper it will settle you tummy...LOL it really works BTW my Grand Dad always did that.

SPR30- Yes you are a southern gal sweet tea. I drink mine straight hey I did say I was odd...LOL

lilaclover30- Fried dill pickles are they good. I like cold dill pickles just don't know about hot one...ugh sorry :) OMG milk in chili don't think I could handle that one either but then I do drink milk when I eat chili.

willow77- Get out of town...LOL wow what a sandwich!

Honora- You like M,P&B on a biscuit? Neat. I will think about the Spanish onion on french bread.

blueski31717- Nice to see another PB & mayo lover. OMG hog brains and scramble eggs my mother likes that without the ketchup...I get sick just thinking about how it looks.

libra55- Baked beans and vanilla ice cream yes that is one for the books...LOL

Thanks to all of you guys I just knew this would get interesting and fun.

19. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Thanks for the fun and interesting thread, Karen.

Mustard on whitebread.

Scoop of artificial bacon bits in a half glass of Zesty Italian salad dressing. (Sip the dressing, eat the bacon bits with a fork.)

Pickle brine.

Maple-peanut microwave fudge. (To make: Butter the rim of a bowl, pour in some real maple syrup, microwave until it boils and thickens a bit, stir in a glob of peanut butter. Firms up instantly. Or substitute butter for peanut butter for maple caramel.)

:)
  20. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i have a couple of odd things that i snack on
    1. croutons - preferably those big ceaser salad kind
    2. uncooked stove top stuffing mix
    3. cold leftover potstickes from chinese take-out
    4. captian crunch cereal - but in the middle of the
    night when i can't sleep, not for breakfast
    5. cool whip or whip cream - by itself not on anything,
    i can eat a whole container at once.

rachel