OT: Porchlight is on VOL. 29 (Now CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrdad, Oct 27, 2006.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Gotta get this up here before Sister Mary Gregory thinks
    I screwed up, oops, I mean fouled up again! Sorry Sister!

MRDAD
    P.S. Don't forget to go back and read the posts from Vol.
    28 so ya don't miss out on ANNNYYY Thin'!![This Message was Edited on 10/27/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2006]
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

It's hard to keep track, Linda. One minute we're there and the next we're here. Only SMG knows for sure.

No, I haven't tried a Cosmopolitan - that was the Sex In The City drink, right? Seems that I can't drink like I used to be able to - not that I was a big drinker, but just haven't done well at it since CFS. Darn.

Goooooooooo, Tigers. I shall watch until ..... um....9:30. Let's hope they get their act back together by tonight.

I'll be in front the of the TV. You all enjoy the porch tonight. I've started a fire in the fireplace for you to go with the stew.

Hugs,
    Marta

Someday I may even be able to post without having to go back and correct typos.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2006]
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I originally started looking under lesions, then lupus as that's what they were testing me for at the time. I think there may be some sites with pictures specific for follicleitis. Let me do a quick search and as the govenator says "I'll be baaaaaaack!"
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Wonder what happened to the message I posted 20 min ago. I think about ten or 12 messages a week fall into a black hole somewhere.
  5. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Linda the stew is sounding pretty good!! We are talkin comfort food here!
  6. S-M-G

S-M-G New Member

The fun, the love, the support you all share.

You may call me what you like; SMG, SGM, SMS, AFL, CIO, AM, FM, PM, PMS, (oh no.. that is something else), you make me proud!

And yes, I am looking over you. Guiding the daily hosts as they keep the conversation going and make all visitors feel welcome. Burning a candle for those that lie awake. Holding the hand of those that shake.

CKball, your teeth are wonderful. And thank you for showing us your 'pic'.
    MRDAD, a special thanks to you for keeping this porch so organized. You are forgiven for the odd indiscretion while it surfes the purpose of laughter and unity.
    1sweetie, you are a very warm person and very loved by all.
    Froggyfroggy, you are not always around but you are hopping in and are a welcome guest too.
    Fredericka, although some of your conversations take place elsewhere I keep an eye on you as well. Hope you will always feel welcome here.

Rockgor, maybe you do not always realize how much of a support you really are to people here...
    Lincamp, I have been saying a prayer for you. I am very pleased to see you held up so well in that storm and during your rough time.
    Unicornk, you too are becoming a regular visitor, always a kind word and some laughter.
    69mach1, you make me proud for sure! All that school work. I'm glad you enjoy being on the porch on your breaks.
    Prickles, where shall I begin? I think a simple thank you for all you do should suffice. But do think of yourself a bit more.

granniluvsu, you are not as old as your screen name tells me!! Another wonderful person.
    dononagin, well, you are not 'nagin' and a very helpful person. However, lending out ones children is not very appropriate.
    seeseaisme, or sees, even for ME your name is too much. Thank you for joining our porch, may you be one of the lights on here.
    sassy2, you promised to read, so I am sure you will notice that i appreciate you very much. I am hoping you are coping today.
    Kholmes, I have only seen a few posts on the porch, but you do wonderful work elsewhere I have noticed. Thank you for keeping the minds (at) work.

marta608, you are quite an active lady... and always considerate. that is much appreciated.
    Carla-nl, your technical skills are remarkable, so are your efforts in helping people.
    Cromwell, or Anne, you seem to be a very nice warm lady that has a very complicated and busy life. I am glad you are with us on the porch.
    lolalee, now you are a real sweetie too. I keep mixing you and 1sweetie up. A very warm hug for you. Hold on to that handsome hubby of yours!

And to all the other regular and irregular visitors that are here left unnamed, a very warm Thank You on behalf of all the sisters and the brothers in the convent. (oops)

Without you all I would not be here.
    Sincerely,
    Mary Gregory
  7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

This is like an appearance of the virgin!! SMG was here!!! WOW!!!! This has to be some kind of great omen! lol!
    We bow at your feet dear Sister!
    (Wow!! This is like better than when Earth, Wind and Fire crashed a wedding!!!)

Oh Carla.. better yet.. go to yahoo images and put in folliculitis and tons of pics will appear.. some of them a bit graphic for those who have it in thier lower regions but you should be able to get a good idea.

hugs![This Message was Edited on 10/27/2006]
  8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

S-M-G is HERE! Oh mrdad, I knew this would happen. She found that you were trying to type with your left hand. What do you think she will say about you and "Freddie"? Have you noticed how she appeared when alcohol became a favorite subject on the last 2 threads? mrdad, I feel sorry for you and Lolalee too.

I want to extend an official welcome to The Porch. We do need someone to guide us on occassion. From your words I find you to be a kind and "knowing" person. mrdad did not know you well did he?

9. ckball

ckball New Member

Wow I totally missed Vol 28, I am going to have to see what I missed.

Mrdad- looks like SMG caught up with you- you can run but your can't hide.

Carla-NL what is up with yor iron and now skin problems

SMG- thank you so much for watching over us. I know we can be a motely crew everyone can use an angel on their
    shoulder :)

I worked today and there was another girl in the shop helping unpack and organize the back rooms of the shop.

My boss is so cool, she really is a good person and her mother took care of her mother for 36 years. Nana had to go to the nursing home about 6 months ago, she is about 90.

Now my boss's mother has been bedridden because she was taking tamoxifan for breast cancer that she had 2 years ago. Now she just found out she has liver cancer and cancer of the spine. She is a classy and gusty woman and this is so sad for me to see this happen to her.

Never take one day of your life for granted- please say a prayer for her.

I'm off to read Vol 28 and give my girls a bath- Twila was guarding her fetch of the day when I got home from work... a deer leg hoofs and all. I guess it's deer season now. Carla
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

I hope you have a lights on everyone.

I went down to Borders today to look for an APA style book to help me get the formatting down for the term paper.

I am using my dragon speaking naturally right now! I am just speaking on my headset, and it is typing this up for me. I can't wait to get started working on my term paper and see how fast that will go.

Cody is not just a football dinner. He has a big game tomorrow at 1 p.m. against local rival San Marin high school. I did to bring 10 gallons a water. I can't wait to do that. Well, that is about all folks. I need to go do the math in a psychology.

Hugs,.

Jodie
  11. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm goin home and straight to bed!!
    Behave.. SMG is watching over us!! : )
  12. dononagin

dononagin New Member

so I haven't left yet.. Linda, with two step daughters and two of my own we never got stuck with a virtual baby! We had a few eggs to care for.. lol! That wasn't all it was "cracked" up to be.... hahahah!! (told ya I need to go home!)
    I send Micaela to her sisters now and then as she has 4 kids.. we call it teen-age pregnancy prevention!
    Hope that baby doesn't go back to school with shaken baby syndrome!

hugs girlee!
  13. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

She was such a difficult teenager. Stubborn as a mule. She went out that night and I thought she took the baby with her.

Turns out she put it in the clothes hamper at the bottom and stuffed all the dirty clothes on top of it. So nobody noticed.

I got up in the middle of the night to go tinkle and heard this itty bitty noise. Found the poor babe. Hilarious thing is that it wasn't even her assigned night, she was babysitting for a friend, which was a boy and he got a big fat F.

A couple of years later,when she finally confessed to me she was pregnant, I had nightmares about this! Turns out she is a great mother. I think that virtual reality baby thing is stupid. Poor kid got pregnant in her last 3 months of high school, despite all my efforts for that not to happen.

Maternal instincts kick in "for real" when you have a child. Teenagers will be what they are. Ah yes, youth is wasted on the young.
  14. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

thanks for dropping in. I was working out with mrdad being a bit of an oldie, you ,must be close to 100 I would think, so I am impressed at how well you are using modern tech.

Thanks for the kind words.

Hey Rock, I think your posts just go into the same black home of fast moving porch series.

The Cardinals are winning. Dad and Danny are in the basement rec room cheering away. Whoops, silence, wonder what happened.

Love Anne
  15. ckball

ckball New Member

Hey Ladies- I was sitting here scratching my "bumps and lumps" on my head as I was reading VOl 28.

Mine started in July- I had been bitten by several ticks and found some in my head this spring.

In July I found a bump and picked at it, it came back and several more. Some got to the oozey (sorry) stage. My Dr gave me a steroid liquid to put on them and a script for a special shampoo.

It started to improve while I was on penicillan for the dental work. Now I just get these crusty areas I scrape off. Then I continued a srtonger abx for a week and had to stop because it gave me severe potty probs.

Right now are in betwwen- not to bad but cured either

Where id Mrdad and Rock

I want to let you know I posted a real picture of my new smile. It will take a while to get use to looking at my self, it's like a double take and oh that's me.

Now I need to get new glass's next, I \'m still having headaches if I spend too mucn time on the puter

I am interested in and things a dermy has told you all. I have not made it a priority because I was Dr outed this summer, still paying the bills too.

I have talk to Janet JLH on the board about this too. She had a appt last week and I haven't seen her post.

I am so tired after catching up I'm too tired to think, then tomorrow I'll have to read it again because I have forgotton most of it anyway- did that makes sense?

Lin- glad they are getting you dug out finally. I guess the next storm is over me right now and heading your way.

Now my new smile has given me my confidence back but I don't think I will do the New York Strip Streak

Were is Mrdad and Rocky- maybe drinking mariguita and saki.

Sense every on is sharing there liquors of prevence. My favorite drink is a Buttery Nipple- anyone hear of it. It a mix of Butterscotch snappes and Baileys Irish cream with a dash of cream. You have to have 2- only have one nipple will leave you lop sided. There better in pairs.

I hope SMG forgives me for siins tonight

Lin - does the baby have batteries? Just a thougt,hehe
  16. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

.....to think I almost miss this volume. Sister Mary Gregory...what an honor!! Thank you so much for your lovely and kind words. I hope that you know that we all love you and sometimes have said things in jest and never meant any offense. I want to thank you for the holy cards that you have sent me via Mrdad (such a nice fellow...we all love him so).

As you can see, the Porch has grown by leaps and bounds. More and more friend stopping by every day. We love coming here to chat and nibble and relax and take a break from the struggles of our illnesses. Such fun we have here!!! Oh but not too much fun...just enough. Mostly, we sit and meditate with those holy cards you leave for us.....well, sometimes we do.

Well, uh, uh, oh yes I have been blessed with a kind and dear husband. He's a good man, that one. Soooooo, will we be seeing more of you around the Porch? If you let us know when you'll be back, I'll bake you some of my nice scones.

Well, dear Sister, I'd best be getting along now. It's mighty late. Oh, ugh, ugh..oops ...oh thanks for helping me up.....my knees tend to lock up on me.

Good night and bless you too,

Lolalee
  17. mrdad

mrdad New Member

SMG actually showed up to "Grace us with her Presence"!

And I was away for the whole event. Very complimentary

platitudes on her behalf to each and all! But caution

maybe in order here. Have a feeling the collection

basket can not be far behind! What ever happened to all

those "Pagan Babies" we bought wiff our nickels and dimes

over the years! All that money that could have been spent

on candy and other treats, wasted! Never was one of those

babies we bought ever delivered. Not even the Lefthanded

ones. Don't start building that GROTTO yet my friends!

MRDAD

I trust SMG is on the straw matt at this hour.(?) 11:15pm
  18. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Linda: Ya know in California we have a law that lets one
    leave little "things" like Tyrone at Fire Houses, Police
    Stations or Emerg. Rooms no questions asked! If you were
    here, ya coulda' just left him at one of those places!
    Went North across the Bridge that everyone comes to take
    pictures of to have Halloween Dinner wiff my 2 and 4 y.o.
    friends! Nice part is, after I filled and wired them up
    with sugar from the Ice Cream and Cupcakes, I get to
    leave them wiff there parents and come home to peace and
    quite. (I'm the good guy here! Works 4 me!)

Speaking of "Artificial Life Forms" I haven't heard or
    seen any one of my housemates yet. A good thing I believe.

Gonna ketchup wiff everybody tomorrow, "K"?
    MRDAD
  19. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

ice cream we could really give those kid's a delight. personally i like chunky monkey and cherry garcia frozen yougart.

lincamp oh boy the crying robotic baby.

mr. dad is right could just dropped it off at the local fire house or police station. i don't know what those men/woman working there would've thought if someone have done that. i think i would've busted out laughing, considering what it really could've been.

seeisme. so your a grandma a littler earlier than you thought you would be. i didn't know that about you. i bet you have a good time w/the grandbaby.

i will have to check out your bio. see if you have your family stuff on it.

i worked on some math and psychology tonight. i still need to do some more math done mostly just re-do some problems for a better grade. i need to find out what i did wrong. we take math test this week.

i have psychology chapter tests on thursday. plus need to get that term paper started. i have so many books that i need to go through.

you all turn out the light on the porch cause i need to go to bed soon/big day at the football field.

jodie
  20. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Just wanted to wish everyone Good Morning as I drink my 3rd cuppa of Joe. Been awake since 4:30...this is getting old but it is better than 2 like it was a few months ago.

Linda, I hope this storm misses you. You still have quite a mess there. I noticed that the trees in the background have broken branches in the top. Our trees still have those from an ice storm a couple of years ago. It was a horrible mess and oh, so dangerous. My son and his girlfriend had an egg to keep when he was in H.S. They asked me to babysit the first day. Their "baby" got cracked. LOL He is now 24 and the lesson must have worked...no babies and presently not a steady girl. He and his girlfriend of 3 years are not together now. I had big plans that she was my future DIL. I could have used Dona.

ck carla, I am so happy that you finally have teeth. What an ordeal you have been through. I hope they soon feel as good as they look. I had never read your profile before. We are both cancer survivors and both of our diseases were triggered by surgeries and treatments...amazing.

The DH just got up so I need to talk with him. His Dad is not doing well and he has so much to take care of now. He looks like he needs someone to talk too.