OT: Porchlight is On Vol. 34 (Now Closed)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrdad, Nov 1, 2006.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yep> another Vol. already!! "I approved this message" SMG
    [This Message was Edited on 11/01/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2006]
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Ugh. I don't like dental work.

The crown prep is done and in two and a half weeks I have the top of it (actual crown). Problem is, many of my old fillings have cracked so they need to be replaced. This is a new dentist, my old one having just sold the practice to this guy and I'm wondering how fast the new guy needs to make money. Thar's gold in them thar teeth!

I see you all have slid on over to another porch. At this rate we'll cover every porch in American and the Netherlands! Good deal.

I'm taking my aching jaw to watch Oprah and hope for distraction. Some nice hot tea would be good too. A Jeeves needs to be found.

Hugs all around,

Marta
  3. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Hi all,

Mrdad thanks again for the new porch, you’re the king of timeliness (sp?) Did SMG approve of you saying “yep”? I bet she insists on better grammar – more beating for you my lad!

Carla, I don’t know what ‘All Saints Day’ is either. Perhaps because of some remote Dutch ancestry?

Marta I’m glad you made it through, dental work is not on my list of favorite things either. I’d send Jeeves your way but I can’t find him anywhere, maybe he got into the Absolut!

Welp, time for my nappy, that always guarantees at least one phone call. Might be the only one all day but always it’s as I am drifting blissfully off.

Hi to everyone else and I hope you are having a good day and the candy hangovers are wearing off. I haven’t caught up on the last porchlight yet so will catch up later.

Love, Gretchen
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sister MG running for something, MRDAD?

Yesterday I sent e mails in orange, green and black ink. Hope I didn't use up all the colored electrons. When I was in grade school the girls used to have little square bottles of ink on their desk.

If they came from a well-to-do family they would have four of them: black, blue, green and red.

When in Portland Gordon and I visited the Chinese Gardens and museum. (Gordon is Chinese. Came here as a baby.)

They had pictures from the 40's. Little Chinese kids dressed the way we dressed in MN. Mein Gott, I'm so old I'm museum material.

Got an e mail from my brother in LeRoy, MN. The population is 1000. It is a very active community. Always doing something: school play, church supper, Firemen's breakfast, Library program. The whole town participates.

Last spring my brother was in charge of the Variety Show. Now it's time for the old radio program evening. I think they read scripts from old shows.

If you bring a can of something to donate to the food shelf, you get a dollar off the price of the ticket. I wrote and told him at today's prices the donators are getting scammed.

Hope everybody is having a good day after; didn't overdose on chocolate. (Thank you Mr. Nestle.) The Frugal Gourmet once did a program on chocolate. He thought the Aztecs probably drank chocolate in chicken broth. Sounds worse than chicken Mole.

5. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

Yeah, MrDad, what is all saints day ? Now you can weed out all of us non-Catholics? huh By the way, just as I was about 3 blocks from your place, this awful ruckus kicked up, so I headed back home to safety. I'll try to make it over to do that laundry, hope you got a lot of clean shirts til then.

Marta - I showed my daughter your pic in your profile and she said you were beautiful. Hope that makes your day.

Carla NL- your weather sounds awful what is the temp there in Farenhiet, please. What is your avg. temp in Dec.? And do you celebrate Thanksgiving? Probably not. If not, you can come to my house for a good American Thanksgiving dinner. I'll make cornbread stuffing for you. Okay, Rock, you & Gordon can come too.

Anne - I'm all too familiar with schools being inadequate. My son has a learning disability, sometimes those IEP's can be such a pain in the butt. He had to take spec. ed . classes as there were no teachers specifically for L D kids.

I disagreed with lots of his teachers, the principal, the counselor, the psych., and had to be there for him all the time to defend him. Finally his IQ was tested again and it had gone up. Surprise! They wanted to keep him in spec.ed. , but we finally got it all straightened out in about 4th grade and he had collaboration classes. He hated school.

Rock- here's another one for you - What did the fish say when he hit the concrete wall?........this is an easy one.

Hey to all I didn't reply to personally. Gotta feed my bunny & beagle and get all that puppy and bunny love.

sees
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Carla-NL: All Saint's Day is used to commemorate "All
    Saint's" known and unknown. In RC theology everyone one
    who attains "Heaven" would be considered a "Saint". Many
    "reconized" Saints have their own special day set aside
    by the Church. MR. CHRISTOPHER use to be a Saint. (??)
    Had his own Medal and everyhing! Don't think SMG wants
    me to bring that up though.

Marta: I can appreciate your hesitance. It's like "pulling
    teeth" trying to find a trusted Dentist! Ya know what
    I'm sayin'? Drive ya to drink! (Any left in the freeze!)

Rock: My Daughter loves those Chinese Gardens and goes
    often for Tea and tranquility! Think SMG is considering
    a "run at the Vatican". They elected an elder for Pol-
    itical compromise. They don't move very quickly to adobt
    new ways!

There's an All Soul's Day too Carla--just to add to the
    confusion, but it has the same concept!

Gotta go over to the Porch Coffee Pot and getta' refill!
    JOE aka MRDAD
  7. rockgor

Sees, what did the fish say? Dam! It was right on the tip of my tongue.

All her life my sister has asked, "You wanna hear a joke?"
    I say yes and then she asks me a riddle.

Well, she can't help it. She came from a bad home.

Have also seen websites where they say "one-liners". Then a list of riddles follows.

Hel-LOW! Jokes are not riddles and riddles are not one-liners.

This is a one-liner: I gave my wife a banjo, and now she picks on me.

My psychology Professor used to say things like, "I will now digress back to the point from where I started."

Dave Barry says, "The point is, I don't have a point." Ellen DeGeneres says, "My point, and I do have one..."

This porch does not have a point, but it is by no means pointless.

Thoughts on Halloween: The only thing worse than kernel korn candy is those marshmellow peanuts the color of faded lineolum.

There are dangerous things around on Halloween night, but none of them are supernatural.

While some Christian holidays started out as pagan and became religious, Halloween seems to have gone the opposite route.

8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

building with pews in UK that was called All Saints and All Souls-hows about that for a twofer??? Joe? (trying to not mention R word)talking of which SMG's boss wears Prada shoes BTW over in V.C.(got that from BBC)

Actually I have to say the school is working nicely with us so far on the IEP, doing it on site. This has not always been the case elsewhere in the district. The problem is that the whole system is designed for typically functioning kids so anything else is modified. This means the least able are the ones expected to deal with it. The modifications aren't always appropriate plus it often means missing a lesson to be somewhere else. Takes hours doesn't it meetings meetings.

I wanted a quiet day, moving furniture(no luck)spells relief yells Dan.

What a day. First thing parent comes here on edge. I give my time freely to advise(I do free counseling for poorer folk but this erson is well off) but she is so edgy she seems irate with me.

Decide to go out when a neighbor arrives at the deli and starts pouring her heart out to me. End up counseling lady and spouse for about an hour. Don't know them really.

Dan says, you are like one of those Old Test. soothsayers Annie, I say, yes, but didn't they get paid???

On top of this I have travelling pain today. Anyone get this? I swear that someone has a doll they stick pins in as if the pain leaves the hands it goes to the knees if the pain leave the knees it goes to the belly if they pain leaves the belly it goes to the back ooooooooooooooooodem bones dem bones dem dry bones.........................

So do y'all get travelling pain that shifts about place to place or is it JUST me?

Hey Rock, when I watch H and G they talk about "vintage" fabrics from the 1960's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Anne
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Gretchen: I couldn't find Jeeves - he mentioned something about San Francisco last night so I hope he's not in jail - so I'm cooking dinner. Thought I'd hang out on the porch now because I plan to eat, then go to BED. Ahhhhhhhh.

Rocky, my DIL is Chinese; they're just the best people. You never see any Asian homeless folks, have you noticed? They take care of their own, bless 'em. I love that Susan is part of our family. It did take awhile before she "got" our humor though.

Charlotte: You just give that daughter of yours a big hug and a kiss from me! That's the nicest thing anyone's said in awhile - although my dentist told me I looked nice today as he was distracting me from that BIG needle.

JoeDad: Don't worry, tomorrow is shopping day and the Absolut will be restocked. Jeeves polished it off before heading your way last night.

Carla NL: Goodness, a lot of flooding goin on there. How come they all happen on a holiday?? I'd be for givin up holidays just to keep dry.

Anne: No, no traveling pain ever since I divorced my last husband. I don't think that's your problem though. And no, the 60s is definitely not vintage. Vintage is at least 1800s, right?

Y'all have a good night.
    Hugs,
    Marta

10. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm completly behind on everything! Work, housework, the porch.. just poppin in to leave some love... check in when I can see light at the end of the tunnel!
    Hugs to all
  11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Seasee: You were one of my Porch friends that got lost
    in Cyper Space when I hit the Wrong button at the end of
    a Post last nite! Do appreciate the help wifff the iron-
    ing thing as with Johnny Cash in the song "Down to my
    cleanest dirty shirt"! Have a couple of beautiful long
    sleeve Calvin Klein dress shirts and after the first wash,
    I quickly came to the conclusion that Calvin does not do
    his own ironing!!! (I thought we had discovered Wash n'
    Wear years ago!) So be bringin' that starch and I'll pro-
    vide a nice lunch, OK? (I ain't invitin' Calvin)

Anne: Believe things with Danny will eventually be fine
    once ya get by workin' thru the bureacrats! Is it con-
    sidered a conflict for you to teach him part time at
    home and would you feel comfortable with it? With my
    California Teaching Credential (30) + units beyond B.A.,
    by law I could have kept my kids home and taught them
    myself. They attended one of the "better" school disticts
    in Northern Cal in Academics Plus Program and I still am
    not impressed with the outcome!! Not their fault!
    Happy to hear that Geoff is be such a brave "Old Soldier"!

Marta: I wasn't worried about ya runnin' out of the Abso-
    lute at all! But who is Jeeves? A tea totler I hope!
    Besides I'm takin' ya to the Prom, ya 'member?

Dona: It's like a "soap opera" here, doesn't take long to
    "ketchup" on what's the Haps!! Ya got your busy time com-
    in' soon. Wish I could "help" ya for the holiday season.

Carla-NL: Those 'Lil Dutch kids have the right idea.
    Sounds like the same thing as "Trick or Treat" only
    they can't run up and down the streets as fast in those
    wooden shoes! Don't stay up all nite, "K"?

Carla-CK: Be in that you and I are both Gormets, let me
    ask if in' you have tried the "Golden West" or the "Gira-
    baldi" frozen tamales! Takes about 40 mins. in boiling
    water but they are generous portions and tast great!
    Also doin' some Broccoli so most likely won't invite
    GWB I for dinner. Maybe Barbara like's broccoli though?
    Just though I'd ask as we single folk have to have a lazy
    nite at least every other nite or so!! Ya know what I'm
    sayin' Whata' see Smitten and the Girls when ya have the
    time to place them on your Bio 4 a few days, "K"?

Gonna have my Butler James "fetch" my Dinner now!
    JOE aka MRDAD

12. ckball

ckball New Member

Well what a day so excuse me -achem insurance companies ########%^*************((((((((((($************^#############!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

There now I feel better. Last month I went to fill my ambien along with all my other meds as I always do on the first of each month. Walmart said I needed a PA, I said I have one until May 2007, Pharmacist said I had to call insurance co. Did that on the 2nd, got it taken care of. I asked if I can get my Nov script filled on the 1st now since this is the 2nd. She said only get 29 and that will get you back on track for the 1st.

Today I was told my ambein can't be filled until the 2nd. I'm like give me a freaken break. The phamacist called and had no luck, so I called, meanwhile my ice cream is slowly becoming a milk.

After almost an hour on the phone at Walmart- still no ambien. This is the stupidest thing I have heard of. It was their fault I couldn't get it on 10-1. I really let them have a peice of my mind, or what I have left.

They said the person who could over ride it to release it a day early was gone for the day. They are suppose to call me tomorrow.

I didn't get home until 7:30. Sorry I just had to vent that. It just makes me so mad over one freaken day, now I have to go back.

Anyway- I just saw my 2 fer on 33. The right key on my laptop is not springy, it just happened last night.

Carla-NL- thanks for the tips. I tried a couple months ago and connected the network cables but somthing was not right and required me to burn info on a cd to load into the desktop and it wouldn't work. So I gave up for awhile.

But since my support is going to expire next month I need to see if it is my laptop. I cut and pasted your post. I may work on this weekend. Thank you.

Marta- sorry about your crown. I know what a pain it really is. But I advise everyone save a tooth if you can. After I went threw chemo 11 years ago my teeth just started breaking one by one.

I got dental insurance about a year after my chemo and I had 10 cavities and needed a crown. I maxed out my policy in 2 months. Since then I did not have the money to keep them so they were pulled. They were back teeth. Then last year I bit on a pretzle and broke my front tooth, the one next to the center. I went to the dentist and the ones on each side were not viable to put a bridge in without major work.

I decided then I would go with dentures since I was looking at $10,000 in crowns or veneers. This has been very hard for me. I do not wish it on anyone.

Jodie- you don't let them women get to you, hold your head high and go on. Cody sounds like a good kid.

Ok this has wore me out or the adrenline rush I had because I was so mad has worn off but I just hit the wall-

To those I didn't address I hope you are having a good day-Carla
  13. ckball

ckball New Member

Well what a day so excuse me -achem insurance companies ########%^*************((((((((((($************^#############!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

There now I feel better. Last month I went to fill my ambien along with all my other meds as I always do on the first of each month. Walmart said I needed a PA, I said I have one until May 2007, Pharmacist said I had to call insurance co. Did that on the 2nd, got it taken care of. I asked if I can get my Nov script filled on the 1st now since this is the 2nd. She said only get 29 and that will get you back on track for the 1st.

Today I was told my ambein can't be filled until the 2nd. I'm like give me a freaken break. The phamacist called and had no luck, so I called, meanwhile my ice cream is slowly becoming a milk.

After almost an hour on the phone at Walmart- still no ambien. This is the stupidest thing I have heard of. It was their fault I couldn't get it on 10-1. I really let them have a peice of my mind, or what I have left.

They said the person who could over ride it to release it a day early was gone for the day. They are suppose to call me tomorrow.

I didn't get home until 7:30. Sorry I just had to vent that. It just makes me so mad over one freaken day, now I have to go back.

Anyway- I just saw my 2 fer on 33. The right key on my laptop is not springy, it just happened last night.

Carla-NL- thanks for the tips. I tried a couple months ago and connected the network cables but somthing was not right and required me to burn info on a cd to load into the desktop and it wouldn't work. So I gave up for awhile.

But since my support is going to expire next month I need to see if it is my laptop. I cut and pasted your post. I may work on this weekend. Thank you.

Marta- sorry about your crown. I know what a pain it really is. But I advise everyone save a tooth if you can. After I went threw chemo 11 years ago my teeth just started breaking one by one.

I got dental insurance about a year after my chemo and I had 10 cavities and needed a crown. I maxed out my policy in 2 months. Since then I did not have the money to keep them so they were pulled. They were back teeth. Then last year I bit on a pretzle and broke my front tooth, the one next to the center. I went to the dentist and the ones on each side were not viable to put a bridge in without major work.

I decided then I would go with dentures since I was looking at $10,000 in crowns or veneers. This has been very hard for me. I do not wish it on anyone.

Jodie- you don't let them women get to you, hold your head high and go on. Cody sounds like a good kid.

Ok this has wore me out or the adrenline rush I had because I was so mad has worn off but I just hit the wall-

To those I didn't address I hope you are having a good day-Carla
  14. rockgor

I'm sorry to hear you are having so much trouble w/ your teeth, etc.

It's hard enought to be sick w/o having to fight w/ the drs., the insurance co., the pharmacy, etc.

It's ridiculous. You need to be strong and healthy just to battle w/ all these problems.
  15. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Walgreen's Drugs has what they call "Auto-Refill" where
    you signfor the service at no charge, and your med is
    automatically refilled on the day it runs out! You get
    an automated call as a reminder. One must keep the
    prescription current however wiff the Doctor to have it
    in work orderly. It's a great deal for the Drug Store in
    some ways also or, they wouldn't do it!

Carla, don't worry about the 2-Fer on the previous Post.
    I've already interceded wiff SMG on your behalf and she
    place the Ping Pong Paddle back in the lower draw of her
    desk. Lucky ya got me, hah? Your LOW friend in HIGH
    places!!

Give the Fur Guys a pet 4 me, "K"?
    JOE aka MRDAD
  16. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

yes i will be who i am a kind soul and a lot of fun.lol

i keep my friends smiling, laughing and i am down to earth.

i am not stuck on myself by any means at all. yeck i go to class in the mornings w/barely makeup on cause i am too darn tired to shower. i take care of that later. not there to p/u a date, just learn what i can.

oh i did get a 90% on my math test today. i made silly errors. but i know what i am doing. this fibro stuff is a huge challenge for sure.

let's see now what i need to still go do my studying for psych test for tomarrow at 1:30 pm.

then i am trying to be at my friend's house for the areosmith concert down by san jose, ca. motley crew is playing as well.

then i am going in friday for extra time for dragon speakingnaturally class. then this weekend i must get my term paper mostly done. it is due 11/16.

mr. dad, did they clean up the castro peeps? i heard on the news it was not a good scene.

good night to everyone

jodie
  17. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yes. That all happened at 16th and Market ST. about
    three blks. West of me. I heard the Cop and ambulance
    Vehicles screaming by and believe that all eight shot
    were bystanders between two rival gangs?? That's very
    usual that it is the innocent that oft times get hurt!
    Believe they are all gonna' make it though. S.F.Gen. has
    one of the best emergency rooms in the State!

Is the Concert Thurs, nite in San Jose? Long trip from
    Novato to San Jose and back. But sounds like fun. I saw
    America and the Beach Boys together one Summer about 20
    years ago. Can't believe it was that long ago until I
    started to think about the circumstance!

Tell me about your term paper when ya can. I know they
    are so time consuming but good exercise for research and
    info if done ernestly.

"Talk" tomorrow if you have the time,"K"?
    JOE
  18. rockgor

Sassy. Looks like everyone is having a good time.

I am up too. I really should move out of LA. Sleep so much better elsewhere.

Here's a joke I found on the net. As I've come to expect it was titled "One Liners".

How do you make a blonde laugh on Friday?
    Tell her a joke on Thrusday.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2006]
  19. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

This is going to be short. I just typed a long explanation of what's been going on here and about my appointment on Microsoft Word and when I tried to copy it it jumbled up the paragraphs and now it will not paste. If it does copy over it will not make sense.

Carla, what am I doing wrong? I have no idea what I've done.

20. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's raining lightly here in S.F. but from he weather
    Chan. report 'posta be wet and poss. Lake Defect "stuff"
    in the Upper Mid-West and Northeast. Sorry Anne, Linda,
    Marta, CK and others in that weather Zone!

Carla-NL: Do you have a good heat source back there as
    you mention it can get very cold? Makes it so difficult
    to get anything done when one is trying to KEEP WARM.

Sassy: It's so difficult to see the Folk's get old but
    I guess we just all have to go with it and just try are
    best to be there as we can. Ya healing well now after
    the "surgery"? That "blackberry" sounds good! My favorite
    flavor. Had our own vines in the backyard when I had a
    house up North! Picked 'em fresh! Wife made the Jam and
    she used your old Mary Ellen jams and jelley jars she
    saved. Thanks again, Mary Ellen Bob!

Anyone see SMG this mornin'? Worry when I don't see her,
    ya know what I'm sayin'?

Fredericka: Where are you?? Most likely raining up there
    too. That's how it stays so green and beautiful in Oregon.
    Maybe you will be around the Porch later for a cup of
    coffee!

"Talk" to ya all later,
    JOE aka MRDAD aka JOEJOE