OT: Porchlightlight is On VOL: 37 (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrdad, Nov 5, 2006.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Have to do this on my own! SMG is still on a Rel. Retreat
    for the weekend. Please read the last replies on Vol. 36.

The Surrogate SMG>>>MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 11/05/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/06/2006]
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hey Joe(aka Mrdad), thanks so much for your concern. I heard that APB and I didn't want to have the cops,or worse, SMG, knocking at my door so I figured I'd better stop by the Porch albeit briefly. I've missed you all so much. To be honest, I've never felt this sick. I used to hear about people with FMS and CFIDS being bedbound and in wheelchairs and I'd think, there must be something else wrong with them in addition to the FMS/CFIDS. Or I'd think, maybe I have something else.

Now I know how bad it can get. I haven't even had enough stamina to read the Porch posts so I'm totally out of the loop.

I kept waiting until I felt a bit better to visit the Porch and have something clever and witty to say, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon...so please love me the way I am.

I don't remember if I told you the final diagnosis on Myles'kidneys. He has IgA nephropathy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IgA_nephritis), thin basement membrane disease http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin_basement_membrane_disease) and signs of Alport syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alport_syndrome).
    He needs to be checked monthly and is a healthy boy aside from this kidney disease.

Love you all...Joe, Rocky, Sweetie, Anne, Carla, Carla, Sassy, Sees, Freddie, Linda, Dono, Jodie and I ask forgiveness from those whose names escape me right now.

Peace!!

Lola

3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Gee , it sure is quiet here today. I just wanted to check in and see what was going on.

Lola - Glad you are back and so sorry you are feeling so badly and about Myle's kidney problems. Who is going to take care of who here (-: ?? I am so sorry to hear that both of you are not doing well and hope that you both will be feeling better soon and that they can start taking care of Myle's soon. Sorry, I just glanced at the post quickly, so did not really take in his diagnosis except that he has a bad kidney problem. Take it easy !!!

Thanks Mrdad/Joe for turning on the next porchlight.

Hope everyone is having a great, and restful day this today. Gotta go and do something around here. Nothing is getting done !!

Get well soon Lola !!

Love,

Marilyn (that granni)
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Lola: Yes. I'm glad you stepped up on the Porch as we
    were getting concerned. What is the prognosis on the
    kidney ailment Myles is afflicted with? So difficult
    to see our youngsters not feeling well! Is your recent
    Fibro bout the worst that you have had to endure? Hope
    you ans Myles will be doing better real soon! Keep us
    "Posted" Lola.

"Cookie": How are things down in the "Great State of Tex-
    as"? I see Chuck Woolery is on T.V. trying to sell off
    South Fork to the "out of towners". "White Bluffs"??
    But I already spent all my $$ on those Magic Bullet
    Juicers and Oreck Air Purifiers!?

Gonna watch some football then either go up North of here
    and help Jodie fold her laundry or have dinner wiff my
    Son. Hope you are having a good day also.

"Talk" to ya later Girls, "K"?
    JOE aka MRDAD

5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Glad oyu are feeling a little better Lola. I always think of the song whatever lola wants, lola gets by Eartha Kitt I think.

I am not staying on long. Was over at care center today due to horrendous liver type pains. They think gall stones. Having a scan tomorrow as sono unit shut at weekends!!!

Not feeling quite as bad as I was. But lousy enough to not stay on here.

Love you all.

Anne
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Carla: So ya saw Jodie's (69machI) call for help re: The
    'Puter Program? Getting caughtup at home? Hope ya do
    take some time to do the HOT relaxin" Tub soon!

Anne: I have Gaul Stones too! They haven't become real
    alarmed as they do not bother me but they make sure
    to monitor them and make sure a Duct isn't blocked in
    the future. AsKed the Doc where the Gaul Stones came
    from and he pointed to my French last name on the Chart!
    They can be painful at times so I'm glad they will fur-
    ther check things out!! Son's headed your way in the A.M.

Let us know Anne, "K"?

Bye Girls,
    JOE
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Mrdad - I haven't seen a thing about Chuck Woolery here in Tx. Where do you see all these great tidbits of info.? (ads) I guess I have been to busy to notice . I guess it was an ad??? Still didn't see it . Oh, you said that you saw it on TV. Well, sorry I still haven't seen it. That also tells you how much TV I watch -duh !!

Still haven't gotten anything done around here except a little bit vacuumin but still need to finish one of these years..

Anne - glad you are feeling a little today and hope your scan goes well tomorrow.

Hope Lin is doing OK, I don't think she was on the porch today. I might have missed her. I've been so dingy !! I thought she was doing a little better the other day.

Hi also to Carla-NL and CK, Jodie and whoever else I missed. I still better get outta here. It is almost time to get eady for beddy bye and all my meds - ugh ! Now wthat is a project !!

Love to all,

Marilyn
  8. bmadan

bmadan New Member

Can someone please explain what the Porchlightlight is on Vol. 37 is about? I am new and a little confused. Sorry.

Barbara
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

I managed to get the last peice of drywall hung today. And I still have all my fingers. This has been a nearly 3 year process of getting the nasty covered or clean or both.

Then I spent some time with Smitten. She is 3 years old and showed up on my door step, she was so small she fit in the palm of my hand. She does not like the dogs so she has a hiding place and I have to get her out to spend time with her. She has always been aloof even before the dogs.

CarlaNL- I'm so glad I do not have to reconcile anything else besides my checkbook. I read your post and am amazed of the many things we have in common. I had many childhood illness's as well. I had my first case of severe bronchitis at 13, 15 had typhoid yes, that is right, then 16 had a goiter and 3/4 of my thryroid removed. The list goes on and on but I won't.

Mrdad- What dam are you talking about in KY. I live on the Ohio River. I think the girls got my little talk I had about rolling around on dead critters. They didn't do it today. They spend 95% of their time on the porch or in the yard guarding their territoy. It's that 5% I can't keep up with it.

Across the road is nothing but woods and it drops off very steep so I can't follow them. I hope I got threw to them. They were a little afraid to come in tonight, I guess they thought they were going to have to take a bath.

Desparte Housewive fans- was that some show tonight. Laurie Metcalf played it well. I have always liked her since Roseanne.

I hope those that didn't come today did so because they were out enjoying this weather.

To those I didn't mention I hope things improve with your you and your loved ones. CkCarla.

10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm glad we found you Barbara! The PORCH, now on VOL. 37
    Is a place on the Board where we can all come and
    meet to enjoy more intimate and inclusive friendships by
    sharing daily happenings and comraderie! All are en-
    couraged to stop by the Porch and partake! It's always
    good to see a face and new friend here.

Barbara, if you follow it for a while, you tend to get
    to know people here and can't help but find yourself a
    part of the "scene". As in a "soap opera" you soon
    are able to leave for weeks on end if necessary only to
    "tune in" and just pickup where ya left off!!

"Granni" is also a Texan and I'm sure there our many on
    the Board in general. Hope you are feeling well tonite
    and we look forward to your contribution!

The Vol. changes accure about one time a day after 30>35
    replies.

Hope to "talk" to ya Later,
    JOE aka MRDAD

11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hey Carla: I wish Smittens liked the Woo-Woo's better!
    She is just so pretty and looks very healthy. I'm sure
    that you take such good care of all three of them! Hope
    also that you are feeling better today. My understanding
    from your Bio is that you are in Kentucky? Saw on one of
    the major cable Channels about a Dam there that they are
    concerned about. Check maybe CNN or the Weather Channel
    regarding this.

Just had Dinner with my Son and three of his Friends here
    in the neighborhood at our favorite Chinese Restaurant.
    We went there opening week almost seven years ago now and
    they treat us like Family! The food is so good and so
    much of it, ya really get two meals. I could take Freddie
    there, split a dinner and have plenty! Jus t like a 2-Fer
    Carla! How great hah?

I think I "talked" to you earlier today then I sat in my
    recliner to watch the '49'er and Rock's team Minn. play
    only to fall asleep for 2 1/2 hours awaking just to see
    the game end. This CFS can be so distracting! Glad I
    fealt able to wakeup enuff to meet everyone for dinner.
    Oh,well. There are lots of folks much younger and sicker
    than I and in so many ways I'm very fortunate!!!

Marilyn (Cookie): That was an infro-mercial on one of
    those "odd ball" channels and I think he called in White
    Bluff(s). ?? I thought he said it is out of San Antonio.
    I get Peeps phoning me all the time wanting to fly me for
    a weekend all expenses payed, to see that marvelous
    land they have for sale. They can get very persistant
    until I suggest that they first check my credit report
    and I'll "hang" by the phone for their return call! That
    usually gets rid of them. Hate when some even phone on
    Sunday which should be considered a "Day of Rest" Rel-
    igious or otherwise! Ya know what I'm sayin'?

Hope you Girls have a good week ahead!
    JOE aka MRDAD
  12. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I always wished that I could relax and sit on the porch and read the paper, chat with friends,etc.

I always admired people that could, I was always just so busy, DOING.I still can't seem to relax much, always found my value in being productive.Got that from an x-husband slave driver. Ha!What learned behavior will do to you.

Seriously, when I thought about sitting on the porch with you all......all I could think about was how beautiful it would be if we planted tulips,.......lots of them, to enjoy in the springtime.

I had 450 blooms in my front yard one year. I so enjoyed them so much.Every year they have deminshed some. I went by Lowe's to see if the bulbs were half price yet.I have someone here this weekend that could plant thom for me.

No half price sale yet.
    Now about that bottle of absolute........do ya' share?

I could use something stronger than Mountain dew.I hurt so badly today.I have been working on an estate sale that starts tommorrow.I'm not finished but I had to quit for the day.

So ya'll kick back have a little absolute and say a prayer for me that I will sell a lot of stuff tommorrow.Dianne
  13. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Welcome to the Porch! It's a bit quiet here this late
    but as long as you have that full bottle on Absolute,
    I can hang around a while! Marta keeps hers in the free-
    zer of course so you are among some very knowledgable
    Peeps. I'm in San Francisco (on the left Coast) and am
    always surprized that people are awake this late in other
    parts of the Country. But then again, these illnesses
    have NO respect for TIME or PLACE do they? Keep many
    people awake at night.

The weekends are slower than during the week,especially
    on Sunday! You will get to know People very easily in
    a very short period of time!

Welcome again! It's always great to find a new friend
    on the PORCH.

JOE aka MRDAD
  14. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

they give me know respect! i think he was talking about us mr.dad and all of us sickies here.

thank you for trying to help get me help for my apa paper.

well i am tired today. i did math, did my psych vocab cards, did my psych fill in the blank ?'s for extra credit.

then i went to maya palanques in novato to meet some friends for dinner and a drink, turned into two. but i never finished my heffeweizen beer. some older man bought us three a drink.
    so i couldn't refuse. i tried to drink that maragarita but just wasn't into it. i just had a big mexican dinner there.

he turned out to be a music producer of some sorts. owns a home in napa and in southern marin. divorced man. seemed nice.

he said he had to buy us a drink because we all had really good dna. he said that wasn't our fault.

but he/we all need to go home cause of our long weeks.

i can't wait to tell you all what i did on my term paper.

jodie
  15. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Oh I am missing all of you so much. I was not going to post...just going to catch up on everyone but The Porch was on page 3 and I saw that we had new people on the Porch.

So I took a moment from this flare to say Hello to all and a big Welcome to the new "Porchies".

I truly hope to be able to get back here

LATER
  16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Anne: I'm looking over my 200 plus Ballot booklet 4 the
    General Election tomorrow! Rediculous that most of these
    Propositions are on the Ballot! These politicians are
    elected to "represent" us but fear for political reasons
    to make political decisions on our behalf! Ya know what
    I'm sayin'? But tell Danny that I'm gonna' VOTE for him
    as a write-in candidate for "KALIPHONIA" Governor! And
    "Guido" for State Treasurer!

You doing better Anne? Let us know about the Sonogram
    results! Thinking of you all weekend!

Rocky: Hope you and Gordon had a great weekend! 'Posta
    be 93+ down in Orange Co. today! Borrow some of that
    "Man Tan" from George Hamilton and enjoy the Pool today!

Linda: I just spotted your reply to an Post concerning Flu
    Vacs and your response to me and FM 58's contribution has
    convinced me that the Nasal is not the way to go! I'll
    get a reg. shot reluctantly as I am sceptical about all
    Vacs pretty much. But don't want to miss Xmas for the 3rd
    year in a row! Had to cancel out on my "Old Squeeze" last
    year which delighted SMG but didn't make me very happy!!
    IF YA KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN'!! Don't know how you can work
    feeling as you do. Please don't "overdo" it, "K"?

"Talk" to all later and have a great day!
    JOE aka MRDAD

17. ckball

ckball New Member

Oh my achkin back. I was feeling pretty good yesterday and must have over done it.

When I took the dogs for their walk I tried to put the leash on butter and he feaked and then Missy and Twila started in and the 3 of them nearly pulled me down, so I could have pulled a muscle.

I wanted to play in the mud (drywall) but I can stand up or lay down but can't really bend over without pain. There have been times I have been out for weeks with my back. So maybe I'll give it a rest today.

Welcome to the proch Barbara and Atiledsner- you will like it here, glad you finally came on.

Atile- an estate sale- oh I feel for you. Been there done that and don't want to anymore. I did visit that site but don't feel I could use that process now but there are possiblities. But thanks anyway.

Anne, I hope all go well with your scan but it does sound like gall stones. I had mine removed about 3 years ago and no more liver pain. I had suffered for several years off anf on, thinking it was gas or indigestion. The surgery is not bad if the do it a laposcopic. You'll be up and around the next day. How is Geoff, is his trach ot yet?

Mrdad- I'll check the news out about the dam. I live about 25 miles from the Greenup dam. As a kid we use to go and watch the boats go in the chambers and come out the other side. It also a bridge, my ex worked on bridges and helped rebuild it about 20 years ago.

1sweetie- I hope your feeling better soon

Jodie- if you weren't tired I'd be worried ;-) as much as you have going on you deserve a rest.

Doe anyone watch Desparate Housewives???????

Since I can't play in the mud today, I am going to copy everything from my laptop and MAYBE turn on the pc.

I hope everyone is having a good day- See ya-Ck Carla
  18. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

and welcome to the newbies here too.

My sonogram was done at 10 and I go and see the gastro doc this pm at 3.30 for his opinion. The trouble is I have had this before and it is usually what they call sludge so by the time I get the scan there is not much to see. I will tell you that the scan lady followed every inch of the pain flight plan!!!

Remeber my post about travelling pain? Well I did not mean pain when travelling-that's a given, it just seems to me that the second a pain eases in one body area another pain pops up elsewhere.

Lin I am sorry you have been poorly and hope you are better soon. More bad news as my niece's little dog got out and got run down and got a broken hip just like her grandad in hospital. Happened same time same date just two month's apart. This niece has left her home and job and moved up to Canada to be with my brother and her mom too.

I can't recall what to answer to other posts except I think we should plant bulbs and Carla can send them from Amsterdam!!! Rock will recall, "When it's spring again we'll bring again, tulips from Amsterdam!"

See you later porchies. I will let you know what the doc says. It seems to me a lot of people with our illness also have gall stones. I wonder why?

Love Anne
  19. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Gosh! New blood!! Welcome aboard Barbara and Diane! Good Luck on the Estate sale Diane.... Barb, I love Tulips!

Anne & Mr. Dad... Gall stones.. ugh! Been there, done that. Eventually you will probably have to have it out. It's truly not that horrible of a procedure. I remember telling my doc that I couldn't have it done as my mom was having cancer surgery.. He told me ya can pay now, or ya can pay later. I did, emergency surgury... Luckily they were still able to do laporscopic.

Lola, I'm sorry sweetie.. I spent a full year in bad with this crud. Couldn't even walk to the mailbox. It can hit hard. Hope you are out of this flare and feeling better soon.

CK -- OMG ~! Was that not the best episode ever?? OMG!!!
    I have satilite.. watched it east coast then turned around and watched it again on Pacific time. This was better than the season finale last year!!
    LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!

Ok.. I'm supposed to be working and really getting my butt kicked today but just wanted to check in and leave hugs!!
    xox
  20. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I can't find the Porch thread on the board so I snuck in the back door. Hope I'm not #31!

Lola, good to see you again. I've been in a funk too so I know what you mean. Let's both feel better, OK?

Granni, it's always good to see you here.

Carla NL: Good think you can keep those building owners on their toes! Yes, you should bill 'em!

Anne: Oh, no. Not another gall bladder problem! Seems as if so many on the board have had probs with gall bladders. I hope you get it handled soon.

Barbara: Welcome! What is all this about? Heaven knows. We just blather. You kinda get the hang of all the nonsense after while if you remember that 75% of it is nonsense. Not gall bladders though.

Ckball: Hey, Carla, I'm so happy that you got your work done and had fingers left. You and Jodie deserve a medal for all the work you two do. I don't know how you do it.

Joe: Glad you had a good nap. You deserve it after all the work you do around here, keeping track of everyone. I suppose that Absolut helped the sleep....

Diane: Welcome to you too. I'll help you plant tulips! I think if we each take a little nip of this cold Absolut, we'll get it done in no time. That is, if Joe left any for us. If he didn't well get more.

Jodie: So glad you could celebrate your hard work with school!

Sweetie: good to see you again too.

Today I think I'm giving up the WooWoo idea and getting a Meow. I simply don't know who I am with no one to take care of. Hopefully I don't live to regret this plan.

Hugs all around the Porch and into the Lodge. It's getting a bit chilly out here and I can't move in all these clothes.

Marta