OT Posted a new stained glass peice 10/24

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Oct 24, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Another peice completed and another lesson learned.

We all have that little voice inside that is called intuition. We really need to listen to it.

It kept telling me "be careful or your gonna break it". And I did, after I just finished it I had a peice of the came (metal frame) that was bent up, so I used the rubber end of my hammer and put pressure on it to bend it down and then I heard the crack.

It is a clean break and is hardly noticeable but I can't sell it and can't replace the glass.

So this will be a part of my "collection". I bought a old pie safe that has chicken wire in the doors. I was going to strip it and put glass in the doors so I may make another one to match it and use it there.

The glass looks totally different when the light is behind it. It really is a different as day and night.

I hope you enjoy it and listen to the little voice. Carla
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Didn't I just see you on another thread? oh yes, it was my thread. Didn't you say alot of nice things about my work? yes, that was you.

I checked out your profile at that time and saw your stained glass. I spelled cudos wrong. I didn't figure it was in my dictionary so I didn't even check

Kudos to you and all that. I like the stained glass I've seen from people on this board.

I've never seen so much. Yours is great.

Dan
  3. huska

huska New Member

I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU THAT I LOVE YOUR STAINED GLASS PEICE. I LOVE GLASS FUSING BUT MAYBE ONE DAY I'LL TRY STAINED GLASS.

BEST WISHES TO YOU.
    OLGA
  4. Callum

Callum New Member

I'm so envious of people who can create with their hands. I've always thought "I'm an actor - I should be able to find another artistic outlet." HA!! Everything I try is so darn didactic. And, may I say, simple-minded.

But at least there are always people like you who CAN create lovely work that we can all appreciate!

Callum

5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Darn it! It's beautiful, Carla. At least you can enjoy it or could you sell it As Is for a slight reduction?

Marta
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

Don't say you can never do anything creative. It's like Dorothy in the Wizard of OZ- she always had it inside.

We all have our gifts, I love to inspire others to search for theirs. Then come back and show me what you did.

Marta- I could sell it for a discount but I like it enough to keep it. The glass is totally different with no light behind it. It is like night and day.

I like it better without the light behind it.

Thanks again,Carla
  7. Scapper

Scapper New Member

LOVE IT......LOVE IT......LOVE IT!!!

Wow girl, you are talented :)

I really enjoyed viewing your website, btw. I admire your talent and drive to persevere!

I also appreciate your inspirational words to "keep searching for your talent" Although, mine must be SO WELL HIDDEN because it has yet to reveal itself :)

Thanks for sharing your passion with us all :)

scapper
  8. Toga

Toga Member

I know the work that goes into your creations. My husband and I took classes several years ago. He made one piece and I made a few.

I don't know how you stand on your feet so long. And it is stressful. That glass ain't cheap.

Have you found a way to do it sitting?

That piece will look lovely in a cabinet door. You make me want to try it again.

Toga
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

As always, it's beautiful.

I've enjoyed seeing your projects so keep 'em coming!!

Hugs,

Nancy B
  10. sues1

sues1 New Member

I love glass.....this is really a nice piece. Thanks for sharing. Susan
  11. ckball

ckball New Member

I am so glad you all enjoy my pics.

I have figured out a way to sit most of the time. My grinder sits on a little table that sits a little lower so I can sit and grind.

The engery- well I usually work for 1 to5 hours a day, some days I don't do anything. I let my house go when I'm working on glass.

I live alone with 2 dogs and a cat so no other humans to care for.

This glass is from Youghigheny Glass in Connelsville, PA.

They specialize in art glass and I could have stayed all day. If you buy from the factory you really save a lot. Since I was "in the neighborhood" visiting my daughter I did buy enough to last me awhile.

Wamps- I can ship to the Aussie country- let me know which one you want-:)

Again thanks for looking gotta go get my new teeth-yeahhhhhhhhhh-Carla

12. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Carla,

I'd love to see your other work...What is your webite?

I think the idea of putting it into the pie safe sounds like good one...Please post the finished piece when you get it done...I bet it will be lovely!

Suz