OT Posted kitty pic and I will be gone for 8 to 10 days no puter

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Nov 6, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi all- today is the last day I will be able to post for 8-10 days. My laptop is still under warranty and the touch pad key broke, plus I have been having other issues with it.

Dell sent me a box today to ship it back. I am going to be so lost without my puter. I have cut back on my puter time to do other things like my stained glass and trying to finish details of all my home remodeling projects.

But I spend about an hour every morning while I have my oatmeal and tea reading the board. I have not always posted replies but I do read.

Then I check or post to the Porch Light posts once or twice a day, usually morning then at night. But the reality of not having a computer hit when the box came today.

I am trying today to make back ups on cd in case they have to wipe it clean.

I posted a pic of "Smitten The Kitten" She is 3 now, but I still call her a kitten.

I will check in tomorrow one more time before I ship it away. I hope everyone has great improvments and recovering while I'm away.

See ya later-Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 11/06/2006]
  2. spacee

spacee Member

I thought you were going to be gone 810 days. Whew!

8/10 is plenty long enough. Take care of yourself, get some magazines, books and bon bons and relax.

Hugs,

Spacee
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

us porchies are gonna miss ya big time..
    LOVE smitten the kitten..She is georgeous!! I have a little rescue cat named Dufuss.. love cats..
    Anyways, I'll be thinking of you and hope the time goes fast.. We'll keep the porch light on for you...
    love Dona
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

it will be back before you know it.See ya when you get back.
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

This is going to be hard for me, I am so use to this board, it's what I do everyday for breakfast.

Smitten is a cutie but she is not a cuddler. She never was as a kitten, then the dogs came. I have to get her out of hiding to love her, groom her and when I let the dogs out.

I had to entice her with the milk in the saucer just to get a picture. She is a diva cat.

Fight- you keep fightin, it will get better.

Carabelle I hope you get that contract

Prickles- you keep working on your website

Spacee- I saw 810 too. I guess the subject line doesn't like anything but letters.

Lindy- I hope you feel better soon

See ya later-Carla
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Neat, Carla! My cat eats off a Corelle plate too. She eats her treats, canned food and dry off of plates. Her water is in a big soup bowl. Most of that is on the floor, but sometimes I put her treats on her favorite box.

Your kitty is beautiful. Reminds me of a cat named Chessie who is owned by my husband's cousin.

Boy, I tell ya there is nothing like a beautiful cat!

I once had a Dell laptop and it was a lemon and under warranty and they wouldn't even take it back to put Windows on it right. That was about 4 or 5 years ago.

This year I got a MacBook Pro laptop. My son said Dell was better at desktops.

Take care until you get your computer back. I've had mine since Mother's Day and everything is great! I'm on my Mac desktop now though.

Take care,
    Faye
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

LOL she does look like a prima donna, tho!

Hope you don't get used to not being here during those 10 days, tho, we'd miss ya!

best,
    Victoria

8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I went right over to my calendar on my door and marked
    approximate return for ten days hence! I'm gonna' cross
    off each day, everyday, until your return! Least we won't
    have to miss Smitten too!

Hurry back and see my note to you I left "tacked" to the
    Porch Post!

Joe aka MRDAD
  9. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

You must be gone now, but I had to tell you:

WHAT AN ADORABLE KITTY!! Very fluffy. Is she sociable? She looks like she would be a wonderful lap kitty.

I hate the feeling of shipping away a laptop. I didn't really have to ship mine, but going into tech support and leaving without it was hard...very hard. I had to use...the Windows 98! *gasp*

Best of luck with your compy!
    Jen
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

If Smitten was a cougar, would you call her Smuma the Puma?

She looks like "Bandit", a feral cat I adopted some decades ago. Poor thing never did warm up to people. Quite unlike Lulubelle, a stocky gray cat I started to feed.

She was smart. In only a couple weeks she knew to come running when she saw me. She would flop on her side so she could be petted.

Hope your machine is soon repaired. I am a Laurie Metcalf fan too. Enjoyed those Roseanne shows...back in the days when George Clooney was still cute.

Be lookin' for ya.
  11. ckball

ckball New Member

I had to get one last morning in. I have to make a list of problems I have had with the computer to ship in the box.

All I have to do is call DHL and they come pick it up.

I spent all day yesterday copying all my files.

Thank you all for your warm support, I will miss all of you.

When I get back I hope to see posts that Victoria and Careballe sell your houses.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy week- See ya when I get back-Carla
  12. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Smitten is one gorgeous cat(kitten) Carla .. I'm glad to see what she looks like .. she is beautiful !
    Hope the laptop gets is fixed quickly ! ..
    Good Luck !
    Joy : )