OT: Proud of my daughter!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JPach007, Dec 15, 2005.

1. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

I just have to share this! My daughter is 19 years old. She elected to go to a college prep/boarding school her Sophmore year and left the state. The school is in Sedona, AZ and we live in Texas. We used to fight like cats and dogs, but we get along so good when we are not together! Anyway..
    After struggling to get good grades (B and above), college application time came. Out of the blue she applied to a small private college in Boca Raton, FL. This was actually her first choice, but didnt think her grades would let her in. She was accepted. She is finishing up her first semester finals today. So far, she has 4 A's and 1 B for the semester, waiting on 2 more. (This is a girl that used to only get A's in Cheerleading, Gymnastics and Art). We talk on the phone at least 4 times/day. She calls me...(I want to give her space).
    I am so proud of her!
    JPach
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

Isn't it funny how kids change so much in between high school and college. It is just a whole different ball game!

Let her know how proud you are!

Have a great day ~
    Kelly
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

What good news. I have two boys myself and I get stressed out when their grades are down. My oldest is a freshman and the other one is a fourth grader.

My nephew always struggled with grades in high school and is in collage on the honor roll getting A`s. I don`t understand it but he`s doing it.
  4. whoachief

whoachief New Member

You have EVERY RIGHT to be proud of her & brag a little. You obviously did something right even when you felt you didn't. And I bet when she gets even a little older (especially when she has children herself) she will be quick to thank you!!!!!!!!!!