OT...Question For Those Who Have Dealt With Breast Cancer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Oct 17, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hi!

I have a question for the BC Sisters, or anyone who might have info.

Between 'chemopause' in 1998 and a 'hystie' in 2001, I am depleted of estrogen.

I did have estrogen based cancer and cannot use hormone replacement. My chemo doc has said the jury is out on using alternative therapy.

This a very personal question, but sex is very painful due to zero moisture. I use Replens daily for the dryness, but I still experience severe dryness. I usually get an infection when (infrequently)my DH and I make love.

Do any on you have this problem? Do you use anything that helps? What have your doctors suggested to you?

I feel quilty in regards to my DH, but nothing seems to work well. I did try a low dose estrogen cervical ring, which irritated my 'insides' as well as a tablet you would insert, which was supposed to help create moisture. It irritated my skin also.

Help! Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading!

Kim
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I do not have an anwser that will help you but I totally understand. Although both of my breast cancers were hormone driven, I had considered taking a low dose hormone or bioidentical hormone but I get such conflicting reports.

Have you tried just a small amount of Estrace (sp?) cream?
  3. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi Kim,

Not exactly answering your question, but wanted to say that BC is, as you said, an excess of the hormone estrogen.

I have discovered through reading Dr John R Lees books " What your Doctor may not tell you about premenopause" and "What you Doctor may not tell you about menopause, that he says it is a lack of the hormone progesterone combined with diet and drugs that allows the estrogen to reach high levels.

The body will always make estrogen, it uses it in fat metabolism. You may not necessarily be deficient as you are led to believe. Please read his book...

He recommends using Progesterone cream, and I found one by Natpro to be a superb product. My daughter used this and had great results for her PCOS.

Natural Progesterone cream may even help with the dryness you now experience too.

Wishing you well

love Pat.
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Sweetie and Pat,

I appreciate your input! I will check into the creams you both mentioned, and will get the book. It would be very helpful!

Several years ago, my chemo doctor was against natural or hormone based cremes. He was concerned due to being DX at a 'young age', 41, with no family history.

Thanks again! I will check into the both!

Hugs,

Kim

5. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

You`ll love the book if you like to get an explanation of things - easy to read and makes a lot of sense...

Here`s to better health

love Pat
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you again! Going to do some shopping at the health food shoppes tomorrow, will also look for the book!

Take care,

Kim