OT question for those who have used moving van companies???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Nov 23, 2005.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

I read somewhere I am supposed to tip the mover guys? Is that true? How much? Is that bribery to make sure my stuff is well cared for? seems silly to me.

What is appropriate here?
  2. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

We did tip our moving guys during our recent move. We tipped the guys who did the packing and loading on one end, and then those who did the unloading on the other end.

I don't know if there are definite guidelines on it, but we gave them $20 per person and they seemed very happy (and a little surprised) to get it. Made me think that most people DON'T tip them, but we were really happy with the care they took with our things.

If you're happy with the service, then I'd think it OK to give them something extra -- just whatever you think is appropriate or what you can afford.

I don't think it's about bribery as much as showing you appreciate it that they've done a good job (assuming they DID do a good job, of course!) And it might encourage them to do a good job for the next person, too.

Best wishes,
    Janelle
  3. BethM

BethM New Member

tipping intimidates me. I'll be handling this alone, on my end, and my darling spouse will handle things on the receiving end.

Guess I better have some cash on me that day. This whole move is getting very expensive.

And my car battery is failing, have to get that dealt with today, too.

yikes.