OT Question on QVC Northern Nights Sheets

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CockatooMom, Aug 14, 2006.

1. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Thank you for suggesting QVC's Northern Nights sheet sets.
    But I'm confused and now I have another question...

Should I order the Northern Nights Egyptian cotton jersey knit?

The 400 tc 100% cotton sateen?

Or the portman square 300 tc dobby weave?

Does anyone know the difference between Egyptian cotton and sateen sheets?

I would think the sateen sheets are more like satin and the egyptian cotton sheets are softer.

I am looking forward to your replies!!
    Hugs,
    "E"
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2006]
  2. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

For information please
  3. Kay31

Kay31 Member

Hi E,

I ordered two sets, one a patterned cotton and the other a sateen striped cotton.

They are cuddley soft and very comfortable.

K
  4. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Thanks for your reply Kay!

I'm just confused (as usual). Too Many to choose from.

Would like some more input please.....

Thanks!
  5. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Egyptian cotton fibers are longer than regular cotton and that means that the surface of the material, usually is much softer and comforable to the touch.

Sateen have a sheen, due to the manner in which the cotton, which may or may not be Egyptian, but usually is not, has been woven. The sateen usually feels luxurious to the touch.

Pima cottom is also a luxurious form of cotton, and some prefer it to Egyptian. It is used in very high end t-shirts and cotton blends, and in most of the high-end non-Egyptian high count sheets.

I love the jersey sheets, as I find them soft and cozy, any time of the year.

I have some high-count Egyptians and they are wonderful, BUT ALL THESE SHEETS, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF JERSEY, wrinkle, and I have to iron them UGH, to make them look good on the bed.

My grandmother used to have this ironing thing, like an old wringer device, but it was for ironing flat things, like sheets, and towels, and table cloths and things. I WISH I COULD FIND ONE OF THOSE THINGS. IT WOULD BE SO EASY TO IRON THOSE SHEETS.
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

That's what I needed to know!

I can't believe the Northern Nights Egyptian cotton JERSEY knit sheet are only $30.00!

What a deal! I can't wait to be able to buy them!

Have a GREAT Day!

Hugs,
    "E"

[This Message was Edited on 08/15/2006]

[ advertisement ]