OT: Quick Toilet Cleaning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Apr 19, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

Hi all,

I am trying to find ways to make my life a little easier for me especially when it come it comes to cleaning the house.

My house has turned into a nitghtmare...is it so bad I would like to just burn it to the ground...not kidding.

Anyway I am going to try my best to get it cleaned better...a little each day...noticed I said try...not sure how this is going to go with me working...though.

I thought I would share some of my Heloise's Hints I get by email that may help some of us here, if no one minds.

I am very sensative to cleaning products (I know a lot of folks are here too) so this is a good one and it works great!!!! :)

Sprinkle 1/4 cup of baking soda into a wet bowl. Jump in the shower, and when you're done, give the toilet a single scrub. Flush and the cleaning task is complete.

I hope it works for you all too :)

Hugs,

Karen
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I like how simple that is! Toilet bowl cleaner is expensive, too! Keep the hints comin'!
  3. MistyMack

MistyMack New Member

I am finding more and more everyday, the old way of doing things can be so much cheaper.Thanks for shareing this bit of info, will give it a try.

Connie
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

in alka seltzer
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

these are some great tips. I am so finicky about my bathroom being clean...so thank you all!

I have found that being allergic to cleaners I am always searching for any good ideas.

I have one that I use.

I keep a spray bottle filled with Isopropyl Alcohol in my bathrooms to clean our eyeglasses.
    Well, I have found that for touch ups... I just spray onto the toliet seat, under seat, handle, etc. and wipe off with paper towel.
    Even on top of sink and mirror (great for mirrors). It disinfects it until next cleaning.

Mari