OT QVC's Northen Nights sheets...I got 'em

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CockatooMom, Sep 1, 2006.

1. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Many of us spend a lot of time in bed, and we were talking about the most comfortable sheets to buy.

This brand, QVC's Northern Nights, was suggested to me, the Egyptian cotton ones that is.

I was told to order the highest thread count I could afford, but I saw that they sold an Egyptian cotton jersey knit sheet set also.

Well, I didn't know what to do, but have been wanting to try jersey knit sheets, so I ordered the Egyptian Cotton set. They are only $30.00 for queen size set.

I LOVE THEM!!!! I can hardly wait to go to bed now! I find any excuse to tell my DH I'm going to go lay down! LOL

I also found a great velour top matress protector at Target and my sheets don't roll up or move around now!

Just wanted to share my happy news and thank you all, especially TFXMOM, for suggesting these sheets! (I already ordered another set)

Pleasant dreams!
    E

[This Message was Edited on 09/01/2006]
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

....I've been wondering what they're like as they're so expensive (well, they are in the UK). They sound worth the cost!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2006]
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

can you print the item # FOR THE SHEETS?
  4. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I am a firm believer in getting the best sheets you can afford when you have to spend so much time resting and fighting insomnia. Love the jersey knit!

At someone's suggestion from the last thread on bedding, I went on ebay and bought a few more sets at reasonable prices. Sorry I don't remember who posted it, but thank you!!

Here's to a comfy bed!!

Sue in Ontario
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Item # is H98382 for the Northern Nights Egyptian Cotton Jersy knit queen size sheet set.

I'm glad others are finding my post useful!

Have a happy day!

E
  6. PolarBear

PolarBear New Member

Hi,

Do you have any advice about flannel sheets? I have some that I bought at Costco and they aren't very comfy . . . they don't feel smooth and as soft as I would like.

Must be my sensitive skin . . . hubby likes them.

Thanks!
    PolarBear
  7. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hi PolarBear!

I have no advice. I was goin to try the flannel sheet sets, but decided against it for two reasons:

One, I thought I might be too warm. I'm always hot and have the excessive sweating issue with the FM.

and Two: I didn't think they would be as soft and comfortable as the jersey knit.

I'm glad I chose the jersey knit!

Best wishes,E
  8. BethM

BethM New Member

Flannel sheets from LL Bean or LandsEnd are very nice, very soft, very durable.

I'd love to buy a set of sheets for my cal king bed, made from organically grown cotton, but talk about pricey! Maybe I'll look into the Northern Lights cotton jersey sheets from QVC.

Are they 100% cotton?

Peace,
    Beth.
  9. kbak

kbak Member

I believe that really good quality sheets make such a HUGE differece in your bedtime experience.

Today everyone can get good quality sheets for their bed thru places like Overstock.com Usually they are seconds with exceptable flaws like ink stains in the pocket of the sheets which NO One sees.

Anything that helps us sleep better is a major plus.

Sweet Dreams!!

kbak
  10. birdkeeper

birdkeeper New Member

Hi Cockatoo Mom.. I am a Cockatoo mom too. Actually I have several birds. I have a Cockatoo name Jessie, a Macaw name Charle who never stops talking. I have an Indian Ringneck who is yellow so we named him butters. I have a love bird name Rosey and 4 Cockatiels known as the Beepers family. They are my escape from pain sometimes. When I get home from work everyday I open cages and then plop down in the kitchen chair and our birds flock to the kitchen its like a tea party with birds. Its amazing. It makes me relax and lesson the pain from the days work.. Your bird is beautiful.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2006]
  11. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Oh thank you for sharing your bird fmily with me!

I told Cuddles (my bird)you said he was beautiful, but didn't make a fuss...his head too big for his body now! (If you know what I mean!) LOL

Wow, how do you care for all of your babies? I've always wanted a macaw, but figured one is enough! You know how cockatoo's are, very velcro!

My bird helps me decompress after a long day too. I can just picture you and the birds flocking together for a tea party! Too bad we don't live close, I'd join your party!

I'd love to see a picture of you and the babies!
    Take care, and WELCOME to the board!

Hugs,
    E
  12. Do they wash up nice? I hate sheets that get the little balls on them. One reason I hate buying sheets, they end up stiff and scratchy and we can't use them.
  13. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I washed them before I put them on my bed, and so far no pills or balls of fabric.

They don't wrinkle like regular Egyptian cotton sheets either, I guess because they are jersey knit.

Just, FYI: I bought a set of Sealy sheets (Guaranteed to fit) that has the spandex at the head and foot of the bed on the fitted sheet, and they claim "not to pill" but they do. Especially the pillow cases.

I'll never buy another brand of sheets since finding these.

14. birdkeeper

birdkeeper New Member

I wish you lived closer to me too that would be awsome we would have alot in common. Sometime its not easy to take care of them but I have my 10 yr old daughter and she willingly helps me. Just an FYI having too many birds like I do can be stressing sometimes. My Macaw thinks he needs to be with me all the time and lets me know it. So imagine the noise level. But they have more quiet time them noise time. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how.

Thanks for welcoming me to the board.

Birdkeeper
  15. PolarBear

PolarBear New Member

Thanks for all of your replies about flannel sheets. I think I will try using liquid softener on the ones I have and see if it will work!! Thanks for the suggestion. If that doesn't work, then I'll check out the other places like Overstock, LandsEnd, etc.

Hugs,
    PolarBear