OT: Razor Bumps on Legs...Anyone Else Had these Problems??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by futurehope, Apr 16, 2006.

1. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Hi everyone,
    (Hope everyone is having a Happy Easter)!

I know this is an off-topic question, but I was hoping that some people here have had these experiences.

I am sure that some have.

I want to be able to wear shorts this year.

It seems for about the past 6 months or so, after shaving my legs, I get a ton of bumps all over them. When I say a ton, I mean enough that it looks reallly bad!!

They are not itchy or painful in any way.

The last time I shaved my legs was last Tuesday and the bumps are still there.

I know that ladies have these problems too, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to take care of it.

Also, I do not want to shave my legs again until these bumps go away, because I think it will only make them worse. So any ideas on making these go away before I shave again would be appreciated.

Also, do I need to change to a different type a razor, start shaving in a different way, start using something besides gel when shaving, what about after I shave, lotion??

I do not get it, I have shaved for years and years and never had this problem before. Yea, maybe just a few bumps, but never got this out of control.

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Easter and
    Love and Prayers,
    Brenda
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I really don't have any good ideas for you, just wanted to say I get them too.

My skin in general has been doing thing's it never did before!

Waxing sometimes cut's down on the bumps for me. Only bad thing is you have to let hair grow out, if you want to wear short's that might not be good.:)

Sometimes you can develope an allergy where you didn't have one before, so maybe changing razors or whatever you shave with can help.

Happy Easter,
    Claudia
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

I got these really BAD once, a few years ago..actually went to dr.

He said it was an infection...gave me internal and external meds..said don't want them to turn to that "flesh-eating" thingy!!!! YUCK

Said to use no razor for 2 months, then use a new one every time I shave for 3 more months. Well, it worked, and now I make sure to have clean razors to use more often!

Hope that's not your problem...if its just "bumps" not changed to sores, stop shaving for a couple of weeks, maybe put aloe vera on them and keep changing razors when you start shaving again.

Hope this helps...happy summertime!

findmind
  4. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Thank you for your ideas and telling me to let the Doc. know about it. What is this flesh eating thing?

Actually, I am going to see my MD tomorrow. I will add this to the list of questions to ask him!

I always have a list!! Do you??

Yes, this has been going on for awhile. Like I said, the last time I shaved was last Tuesday or Wednesday and I still have them.

Usually they would subside in a few days.

Did yours hurt or itch? Mine don't at all.

Gosh, I hate the idea of another anitbiotic. I have been on and off of them since October. Have many other problems.

I am trying to not go on antibiotics to see if my WBC's will go down to normal without an antibiotic.

I go the Oncologist in June to check WBC's again.

Anyway, thanks for your advice and write back if you can concerning if your bumps hurt or itched.

Thanks again,
    Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  5. findmind

findmind New Member

Good to see your post....

No, mine did not itch or hurt either...but I did compulsively scratch at them!!! So maybe that's how they got infected.

And yes, I always have a LONG list when I see dr, lol, he just loves to see me enter the exam room.

I like to have a joke to tell him...he's really shy and covers his mouth with his hand when he giggles at my jokes. He's really sweet, too.

I make sure my most important concern is 1st quiestion, and then in descending order...sometimes they are just short answers...I leave room to write them down.

I also take him research papers about very unusual things....like the Vit. D controversies and The Marshall Protocol..he likes to get them.

Anway, good luck getting de-bumped...maybe just a cream for your legs will be all you need. I would try aloe vera to heal them, too. If not infected, think this would work.

Take good care
    hugs
    findmind