ot. really good news :D

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smiffy79, Jun 22, 2006.

1. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hello all
    yesterday was bitter sweet but good news first. i got my first 'piece of paper' yesterday.

it shows i have completed a basic canine psychology course and will go towards my diploma in canine training and behaviour!! i'm happy as larry

the bitter bit - the training group i belong to are doing a display tomorrow which i have been practicing hard for as i'm on the display team.

i'm still on the obedience team but i was dropped last night to 'reserve' on the heel work to music team as a committee member decided *she* would like to join the music team!

i was furious! i didnt want them to see they had upset me so i walked out.

i know i can take comfort in the fact i'm working towards my own club but it kinda cut me deep (being the proud elitist that i am!)

will report back tomorrow after the teams first display this year.

take care all xxx
  2. doxielover70

doxielover70 New Member

I was in a dog training course but dropped out due to it being too much stress on me. What a great accomplishment. Working with animals is a great and reward career.
  3. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

Congratulations!! Sounds like you have made it to the next step. I have much respect for those who work with animals,
    especially our darling dogs.

But, how could this group allow a committee member to take your place in something you have been working and preparing so hard for? Seems very unfair to me. No wonder you walked out. I commend you for keeping your cool.

Sounds like your determination will get you through this, and you are not about to give up. Good for you.

Best of luck,

Arlene

[This Message was Edited on 06/23/2006]
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hello all
    the obedience display went well and i thoroughly enjoyed it. my son is in trouble for signing for my dog to come to him from the ring! (two of my dogs are deaf and so are trained to sign language. my son gave the 'here sign')

i just hope i dont get dropped again! after the display my dog began to flounder in the heat so i sat with her in the shade instead. there was lots of water there which she made full use of but it was better for her in the end that we did get dropped.
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Congratulations! You should be SO PROUD!

It's VERY hard to continue on with things sometimes because of our DD's.

Keep up the great work and keep us posted on how it's going!
  6. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

wamps i was dropped from the heel work to music demo and my son tried to call my dog out during the tellington touch demo but the obedience demo went well.

my dog enjoyed a well earned ice cream while she was spread out under the clubs gazebo so i couldnt have done the music demo anyway. we have some black dogs at the club and a lot were loads slower than normal as they struggled in the heat. as soon as our demo was over the whole club packed up and left early as the dogs werent doing well.

i am bringing my young dalmatian up to speed as she copes a lot better and loves working as much as my other two dogs. she is such a show off!! in my profile is a pic of my yound dal so those of you in the uk can look out for her during the summer lol

i didnt work my shih tzu in the demo as she hates the heel work to music as the sound has to be up so loud so those of us in the ring get battered. i think next time i will split it up between them all so my oldest dal doesnt get tired out or suffer in the heat but she loves the heel work events and i'm sure she grasped the routine faster than i did!!

i'm getting through my next course ok but there is loads of work in this one that i am struggling with as it doesnt come easy to me. poxy business accounts - tax payments - national insurance and then the club insurance. i think if i complete this one unscathed you will all hear me yelling yippeeeeeeee :D

my next course booked is for the puppy foundation courses for socialization and early training - with all my work with dogs and i've only had one young puppy in and he was in for just 24 hours!

i've asked for a puppy to come in the next mercy run so fingers crossed but i doubt i will get any study done lol
  7. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

sorry that was long :( basically thanks for the support xxx