OT: Relationships and Commitment I'm Scared

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Oct 11, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

Gosh I have not posted in awhile. Well here is my story.

I have been dating a wonderful man who is now my boyfriend. He treats me like queen and knows about my illness and helps me in every which way possible.

I have unfortunately kissed a lot of frogs to get to this point, and meet such a great guy. Now I have been having this fear of not being to be the best girlfriend I can be.

He has told me that I have mentioned breaking up on several occasions when we have had misunderstandings and he has shared that he really cares about me. I just jump to conclusions and assume he is dumping me. I guess being dumped a lot really affects you a lot. I guess sometimes I feel like why did he choose me, I am chronically ill, and he is super active but is more than willing to slow down and be at my pace.

How do I get over this fear and be more positive about the relationship?

Now mind you, I have not had many boyfriends so I am still trying to figure out how relationships work.

Please let me know.

[This Message was Edited on 10/11/2006]
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i would get some therapy to build your self esteem...

just remember you are bright and beautiful...and he obviously likes whatever he see's both physically and emotionally...

now does he have you like in a man...?

you should check him out if you can on the websites background checks...can never be to sure who we are really dealing with..

well there are lot's of books out there on relationships as well to read...

a good one for every female...he's just not that into you...and dr.phil has a good one out...i have it..and i can't remember the title...

goto the library if you have time...

jodie
  3. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Yes he is everything that I desire for in a man with just the basics and more. Besides things in common including things that I didn't think we would have in common we do. We just mesh really well.

I actually have the book He's Not That Into You and I have Dr. Phil's book and other books as well. I have been reading them a lot lately and he fits the good guy very well. Nothing bad about him.

A background check I will definitely do. I just got to find a good reputable site that won't cost me a fortune.

I have met great guys and then this fear pops up and kills the relationship. So I really need to get over this fear, otherwise I will never be able to have any sort of relationship ya know.

[This Message was Edited on 10/12/2006]
  4. Beachtrekker1

Beachtrekker1 New Member

I know what you mean. In my mind the question forever looms, " If the man I loved and trusted so much could walk out on me, how can I trust anyone." By the way, this is the UNHEALTHY thinking. My heart is so glad for you and it sounds like you aren't just running into it. I envy you because this being alone with this disease is noooooo fun! Best of luck and keep us posted!