OT: Rockgor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Where ARE you, we are missing you on two posts for sure, probably more.

We cannot do without your wit and wisdom. One post is mrdad to prickles the other 1sweetie to many.

Love Anne
    [This Message was Edited on 09/24/2006]
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

board is moving fast.
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Hey it's me again. His profile is still him. Look under Rockgor. Anne has misspelled his name.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2006]
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Haven't seen Fight or Jodie today but don't think they
    are AWOL. Think Rock is just affaid will "hit him up"
    4 free legal advise! As long as he Posted today, I won't
    worry other than as Sweetie hinted, he is out somewhere
    with MY lady!! I've never done the Chat Room thing as I
    don't type well or quickly and would just end up going
    thru rheems of "whiteout"! Don't know if anybody "miss-
    ing" uses it?

The other Threads are getting REAL LONG.
    MRDAD P.S.( Being that I'm somewhat outspoken, I think
    that when my time comes as a result, I'm
    gonna demand TRIAL BY ORDEAL!! I think
    if I take a very deep breath before they
    submerse me in the hot oil, I can beat
    the System! Where's Mario, Jerry
    and Tom when we need them?)

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hello. It's me. More grammatically, it's I. Are there two "L's" is that long word? Can't find my dictionary.

But the most important thing I'm missing is not my dictionary, it's my mind. It's not Findmind who is in trouble, it's I.

I have reached the stage in life where one has long and ernest conversations w/ friends about the importance of bran in the diet. So y-day I went to the market and bought milk, but forgot the bran.

So tonight I went to get the bran and got in the wrong lane and ended up on the freeway. My Alzheimer's is creeping up on me faster and faster. Is that an oxymoron?

Anyway I did do a post or two recently, but it/they got lost in the electronic forest. I have been too depressed and angry to do much the last few days.

I was trying to post on the thread Sweetie started, but I got so confused trying to make notes so as not to overlook anybody, I gave it up and went back to bed.

(The title of this post indicates a certain degree of confusion, you see.)

Anyway, it is very nice of you folks to be concerned. I 'spect I'll be my usual verbose self in a day or two.

Hugs and kisses to you all. And a big kiss on the lips to Mr you-know-who. Haha!
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

We were all getting a bit concerned and thought about
    sending out an APB on ya! Everyone was getting bored
    without you. Gotta get the "kuddies" off my lips now!

Keep the girls busy for awhile!
    MRDAD
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have been busy w/ex-inlaws..school and going out w/friends...i actually called an ex-bf..my sister will kill me over the phone...but i was trying to find a good sports bar in marin...

well we made due..went to eat at las guitaras...maragrita then walked downtown novato...we felt bloated after the beans and rice...

then we had to head to local bar and have a cocktail and met some different people...

friday cody had football game in corte madera...we won 38-0 against redwood high school...

then the ex's came to my house so i could bake a couple of pappa murphy's pizza;s

and now they have had cody since about 12:30 pm...no phone call..they are a little irritating at this time...

last i knew they were going to take him to lunch the go get his gf and take them to play putt putt golf in rohnert park...

i hope they got them dinner...i am a little p.o'd right now..

i tried calling on thier cell phones no answers//

so they leave back to michigan on tuesday morning..they have been staying in hotels. not w/me...i cooked them dinner one night....they went to monteray on wednesday and came back late thursday...

my ex-mother in law called me during class so now i have to bring cookies for the psych class on tuesday...

i just got the new phone...so they could call all the way in monteray but they can't call 20 miles away to let me know if or when they think they are brining my son home..

they mentioned to him and i that that wanted to take him down to san jose to his father's but cody said he didn't want to go there...he doesn't like going to begin with..

well i am ending this...

jodie
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

Can I borrow some of that bran? I eat it plain with cinnamon on it...delicious snack. Milk I can do without.

Hope you get back to your "regular" self soon! I don't answer much because I'm not very witty, but I sure enjoy you and MrDad and prickles and cromwell and sues1 and....well, all the clever stuff you all come up with.

My DP is the funny one...she is very quiet and shy; then, all of a sudden she opens her mouth and says the most outrageous things!

One time we had one of her old friends over for lunch...we were chatting away with our mouths full and her teeth were clacking away...well, DP says, "WHAT are you doing???? WHAT is that noise??"

I was mortified, knowing it had to be a partial in her mouth and it would be polite to just ignore it! However, I laughed so hard I was crying. Friend was not pleased.

We haven't seen her but one time since, that was several years ago!

Anyhow, hope you get up and get going once again soon...pun intended.

Love ya,
    findmind

9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm glad Rock's safe and reasonably sound - or as sound as any of us. There was concern abroad from sea to shining sea.

Good to hear from Prickles again, too. All the posts are just too much for me to keep up with and still get anything else done. Besides, I need to limit my computer use as it makes me very tired.

HURRAY! I'm much relieved. Whew.

Marta

10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

So it's pretty quite on the Board this A.M. It has to
    be late afternoon in the NL. Any problems this week-
    end with the nutsoid guy? Have you spoken withthe Policia
    about a "restraining order"? We are just all concerned
    here for your peace and safety! Hope you are continuing
    to have a good B'day! Any family around you to help
    celebrate?

MRDAD
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Whew-big sigh of relief for Rocky's Return!!!! I had to laugh Rocky as I had JUST the opposite problem all last night, maybe due to the antibiotocs but more I think because I inadvertently ate bran in the day(not a person who needs it!LOL)

So wiped out today.

Sorry you have had the flu Wakemeup, hope you are feeling perkier. Don't woory about Danny it is just the usual sort of meanspirited stuff that people seem to think it is OK these days. I did deliberately catch a couple of Middle School type programs on TV (we rarely watch "the box")and it was astonishing to me they way the producers are practiclaly teaching kids to be mean, rude, aggressive, put downish, how they are all so "trendy".

Where are all the disabled kids in these shows, or the non jocks or girls with spots? It is all about selling clothes and CD's it seems to me.

Part of the "diet" they feed kids these days. I don't care what anyone says we are what eat, see, and hear-garbage in garbage out as they say.

Geoff is right now supposed to be finally having the tracheotomy today. He had a "hospital infection" and they could not do it earlier. The thought of all this scares me stupid, as I know how risky it is for someone in his shape. On the other hand, if they succeed it will get all those tubes out of his mouth and nose and into the trach.

Carla I worry about your situation, unpredictable people are just that, unpredicatable, although this guy seems almost to leave a large calling card. Can you move? Is that even feasible?

mrdad, so USA lost the Ryder cup(third time) the rain was something else. My sister and BIL are there in person watching as their daughter and her partner live there, and they are pretty close only travelling from Cheshire to there.

Well to everyone else, have a good day. Raining again here, but looks like it will clear up for our walk - hoping the tummy will calm down, will stay of everything today except light food and weak tea.

THere are new rules posted I just read so I may have to go back and delete a couple of things that actually do contravine the new rules. You behave yourself mrdad, we can reda your mind in any case and are surely on the same page.

Love to you all and anyone else reading, please join in.

Love Anne

12. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Watch those LA freeways. Wouldn't want those CHiPs (Ponch and Jon, from the 70s tv series, was it?) on your tail.

Hope you get back to your usual verbose self, soon.

Ken

13. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Happy Birthday...and enjoy your cup of coffee. I'm greatly enjoying mine at the moment--and luckily, without the wheat hangover.
  14. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I did get lucky THIS time. Tomorrow is my all-raw food, cleansing day (I'm doing all raw once a week) and it seems to help, especially if I don't eat well over the weekend.

Time for more ibuprofen for you?!
    Hope it passes soon, and hope it doesn't spoil your 25th birthday.

Ken
  15. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Glad to find everyone. I thought I was the only one that had problems with long threads.

I emailed Tech Support last week about this...how hard it is to roll the screen without getting sick and to remember what has been posted. I asked if they could change the system where you could go to the last page at the top of the page and that when you replied that all the post on the thread would come up...not just the original post. Am I making sense to you?

Rich Carson emailed me and said that there were going to be many changes in the next few months that would be helpful to us. I was impressed and so happy that he understood what I was trying to say.

Anyway here goes:

Rock glad to hear from you but sorry you are feeling bad. I know it doesn't help you but I like I said I do not feel so inept because I get so confused too.

mrdad I tried the chat room twice and that was twice too many times. I can't type or think that fast. Wake and I had coffee last night and we are changing the porch light to red to attract more attention.

carla Happy Birthday and glad you did not have any more problems.

wake hope that flu bug is gone and you will feel like drinking coffee again soon.

melissa I hope you found my messages that Rock was not missing. That would have been bad if he too disappeared.

anne Please post when you hear from your brother's surgery. I will say a prayer for him. When you read the rules what did you find in them that you were violating? I'm becoming paranoid.

marta How is my friend? I have been awake since 4 am this morning thinking about this(and other things). I am very concerned. I saw on another thread that you made a special room about 6 months ago. I created my room last January.

Talk with you guys and girls later.
  16. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Roses are red.
    Kumquats are orange.
    My thumb's black and blue.
    Got caught in a door hinge.

Hope you have a very colorful birthday!

Tusen Takk (Thousand thanks) to all of you and alles gut zum geburstag. (I forget what that last part means, but we'll assume it's some kind of good wishes, ok?)
  17. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hope everyone is having a good day/eve what ever the
    case! It's beautiful here in S.F. should get well in-
    to the Seventies today and teh Eighties in the East Bay.
    Hard to believe they got 2ft. of snow in the Rockies
    yesterday. Should end the fire danger there but So. Calif.
    is experiencing some horrible fires as well as some up
    here in the North State.

Mellisa: Do you have any knowledge of how to contact
    that special friend of ours who is an M.I.A ?? Want
    to try an send a care package thru the International
    Red Cross or the Red Crescent. Maybe we can figure
    sumptin' out?

Anne: I did watch some of the Ryder Cup play this week-
    end. Ya know, if my Kollidge Buddy O.J. hadn't fouled
    everything up, he and I could have been there this week!
    And USC won yesterday without him. "Oh, where did I mis-
    lay that Trophy"? Nortre Dame won too! Daughter starts
    school for real tomorrow. She decided to relax this week-
    end before starting classes and delayed painting the
    Kitchen of the new Apt. I'm glad. Tell Danny "Guido" is
    flying in tonite and will be "walking around school" with
    him this week. Think the nylon stocking over his face
    and his natural size and bulk will keep the mean kids in
    place. Are there any rivers near by? I'm continuing to
    keep good thoughts for Geoff. Have a nice walk with
    Danny when the rain stops.

Wake: Hope that flu thing is movin' on and you are feel-
    ing better. Always enjoy reading your messages and still
    laughting about the Post on Board Addiction and your
    computer lying sideways on the BED. Very discriptive
    and funny image!!

Freddie: Such a diappointment to not see you this week-
    end! Didn't answer your phone. Must have CALLER I.D.
    now I guess. Beauty and brains? Oh, well. Even your Pic
    has been deleted from your Bio.? I'll have to find that
    old Catalogue and cut out a picture of you myself now!
    I stuffed. Had to eat BOTH those IHOP breakfasts myself.

Gotta make some phone calls now. Now, what did I do with
    Jodie's number?? "See" ya all later,
    MRDAD

18. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

But I so enjoy reading you folks' postages because of the intelligence humor and compassion. I am bummed that people seem to be disappearing at a great rate - I read the new rules and granted I am very foggy disconnected and stupid anymore but I really didn't see that our missing friends were breaking any mortal rules. Is 'aich oh en oh arrrr ay' really gone??

Gretchen
  19. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hey Froggy,
    I'm French too and it's great to have another FROG
    on with me! Please join in with us went ever it strikes
    you. We love you to add to the banter silly or serious!
    My GF Fredericka lives up there in Ore. by you as well
    as my Daughter. Would love to spent some time in the
    Willamette V. sometime as it is so beautiful and hist-
    orical area of the West.

Melissa: Wish you would not leave the Board as you add
    so much to our days! Understand, however, and of course
    the choice is yours. OK? Best to you!!

MRDAD
  20. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Froggy come right on in. No one is ever butting in. It reminds me of when we used to try and join the mothers waiting outside school, they never would let a newbie in, I even had someone tell me, "Did someone actually invite you over or is that something you English just do???" Thank goodness I quickly responded with, "Heck no, we English are far too smart to deliberately stand near horse manure." and walked off.

Mrdad I will try and get that NPR show. It may be a repeat of one the BBC had-was it on the BBC segment? Just in case re other hope you jotted it down as we need a place to have coffee daily for sure.

Just got an inadvertent call from a brother of mine who has not spoken to me in 22 years-he was enquiring about Geoff, who he also more or less ignored mostly,and my BIL had given him the wrong number. We chatted fine, though he asked nothing about my life for sure. Turns out he has ten grandkids although he is only 63.

He even argued with me telling me I was born in 1947 and I had to really be firm about telling him it was 1946 before he believed me. I think some of my family consider me bananas for sure. But even I know when I was born (LOL) as I am always checking our my wrinkles against our last two presidents, as they are both 1946 babies too, and they both have a lot more, though I guess they worry more than I do!!!

Well mrdad I wanted to also tell you that my very good friends are in SF right now visiting their daughter who is an NPR and Midwife there. Boy property is expensive there. She paid something like $750,000 for a tiny apartment. My friends just drove across the country taking furniture over from grandad's estate. So I am glad the waether is nice for them. They call me every few days to let me know where they are and check on Geoff who is a friend of theirs as well.

Rockgor, and Ken enjoy getting out on your scooters today. and OH,MD the Willyamet as they say is lovely. We lived in Yachats (or yohots as they say) for a while. Lotsa rain. Good luck for your daughter's first real dya.

Love Anne