***OT - ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVA (warning winner discussed)***

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanne-in-Canada, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Well I gave it some time for time zones to catch up. but if you havent' seen the final episode I have to warn you not to read on.

So what do you think of the winner?

Jeanne
    [This Message was Edited on 09/13/2006]
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I know who won too....
    my favorite is Toby and my guess who will win was correct to who I thought would win.( if that made any sense at all..lol)

love, Ann
  3. shanwill

shanwill Member

Hi Jeanne,
    I just saw it too and am THRILLED with who won cuz that was my FAV!

rock on!!!
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

This is totally going by what me and Ron were guessing yesterday when watching the final performance show. I just started watching at about the final 6 and Ron just watched last night. We guessed Toby, the Aussie would probably win because of his looks, height and the way he works the audience, he just seemed to fit the "look" of the band and what we thought they'd want image wise.

Neither of us thought they ever wanted a woman to front the band, but they like to make it look good. So I don't think Storm (who I didn't like much), or Dahlana ever really stood a chance, they seem too much like a good old boys club of chauvinists.

I did think it would be between Toby and Lucas. I think Magni ticked them off too much, he talked back too much when they judged. So Toby and Lucas both had the big stagyness they liked for concerts and Toby seemed to have the edge because of his original song that they liked so much. Sounded like a one hit wonder type to me though, too simple.

Even though I'm Canadian, you'd think I'd root for Lucas right off, but he really had to grow on me. He does distort his voice too much, and he's not too articulate and kind of young and annoying. But, his energy on stage is amazing and he has that unique way of moving, wigging out is more like it, kind of effeminate and flamboyant that will be quite the trademark and a huge edge in his career.

Jeanne
  5. DoveL

DoveL Member

Jeanne,

Hey there!! I just watched Super Nova tonight, so I know the winner!! I won't say who though! I like Luckus and Divana (SP?), the best!! Let's bring back some 'good old fashioned 'hard rock'!!! I can't stand the 'pop music of today'. I hope there is a music explosion of some good bands soon!

I read your bio..I am 38 years old too! Hello to ya!!

Hugs...DOVE
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

I'm actually 39 since last mth. Guess I need to change that, but welcome.

Well I guess we are dying to discuss the winner, so maybe I'll just put a warning in the title. Yeah Canada, Rossi rocked it out!

Jeanne

7. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Excellent. I was so excited about who won!!!!

GBHope
  8. DoveL

DoveL Member

Hey there Jeanne,

I just had a Birthday last month too!! Aug. 27th, how about you?

I liked the winner...thought he had a great voice, and good stage presence. Kind of reminded me of a cross between Billy Idol and the lead singer of STP(now in velvet Revolver, cannot think of his name right now..)

I didn't think they were going to pick a woman to lead their band, although I would have liked to seen that too!

DoveL :)
  9. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

The song Lucas sang tonight "Bitter Sweet Symphony" by the Verve was AMAZING! That boy can sing!
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Although I still haven't seen the show since we get our military tv usually a day late. (At least for shows like this one)

Guess what? I can't seem to remember who was who!!!!!!!! LOL....

So all of your careful attempts to hide the name of the winner, yet finally discuss it was for naught...

If I wasn't so tired, this would be really funny.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  11. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I thought all three were great but I wanted Dilana to win. Everytime she sings I get goose bumps. I can`t wait till she has a cd out.

I think SuperNOva is going to have an awesome tour. I would love to go but don`t know if I have the energy. They are going to be at Fargo which is a 3 hr. drive from here. It would be fun but would play me out for a long time.
  12. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Since day 1 Dilana has been my favorite.

I would have still been excited if Magni had won it, and still mildly content to see Toby front the band.

But even as a Canadian, since the first note he sung I absolutely did <b>not</b> want Lukas to walk away with this one. There's just something about his voice that makes me cringe the instant he opens his mouth. For the longest time I couldn't put my finger on it, but in the middle of his "Make My Head Spin" it finally clicked!

<b>He sings like he's sitting ontop of the washing machine.</b>

Maybe one of those cheesey motel $0.25 vibrating beds, even.

Either way, the way he sings - he puts such an unnatural vibration in his voice it makes me want to put my hands around his neck and anchor him down to something. As an added bonus, maybe it would stop his border line tourette like flailing. I can't help but laugh, and then want to throw up a little when he does that.

<b>"Spin and twirl and look at me..."</b> *Checks hair in shiney guitar*

I'm so glad I didn't buy my tickets for their tour. Supernova featuring Lukas Rossi would have met the wonderful world of Ebay <b>so</b> fast.

~Amanda
  13. Jeanne-in-Canada

I can't say I fully agree, but darn was that funny. You certainly know what you DON'T like. Thanks for the chuckle, heh.

Jeanne
  14. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Jeanne

We watched the Rock star series and enjoyed it. I really enjoyed Dilana and hoped she would win. When she sang I got goose bumps.

Only a true star can take a classic Johnny Cash song like Ring of Fire and make it their own. It was like she was telling a story everytime she sang. Truly mesmerized me. When she sang Roxanne I was so impressed. I don't even like that song and I loved it.

Maybe she will front the houseband and blow everyone else in the tour away.

Lucus wasn't my favorite but he does have talent. I must admit most of the time I couldn't figure out what he was saying.

I thought that Toby really got the audience going everytime he sang.

Dilana was still my favorite.

hugs to everyone
    Marion
  15. Jeanne-in-Canada

ET Canada was all over that action of course. They've heavily covered Lucus since the beginning and are revelling in the fact that 2 big bands have had contests and picked Cdn's.

I figured the band must have known way back who they wanted, but letting the contest roll out brought publicity. Tommy Lee is totally enamoured w/ Lucus, you could totally tell when he won too, he was all over him. Tommy said Lucus is unbelievably sexy (not sure I noticed that, but maybe the young girls do) and he knew when he first heard him, so Tommy had his mind made up from the get go. Another member said he just had the x factor, and another said that when they let Lucus perform w/ them, during the contest, it just felt totally natural. I saw that performance and had a strong feeling too.

Jeanne