OT: Roses are red, and so is my face...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leaknits, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Well, gang, it's been confirmed: I'm in mega-brain-fog. The story goes like this: I got a phone call yesterday from (for purposes of clarity) a friend I'll call "A."

"A" told me that she had found someone ("B") who might know of someone who would help me pack up and move in exchange for $$ and tons of gratitude.

I told "A" it would be alright for her to give my phone number to "B" so that I could talk with her about this.

Okay. Got a call this morning from "B," who introduced herself, including the name of the homehelp agency she works for.

"Oh, I see," I said..."A" could use some help of that sort.

"B" sounded rather confused, but went on with the conversation, was very pleasant, and accepted my thanks on behalf of "A," when I repeated that "A" is a little ol lady and likely could use some help with rides to stores and such.

Fast forward a couple hours..."A" called to find out whether I had heard from "B" in regard to my packing and moving.

"No, we mostly talked about how your car has died and you might need rides to somewhere."

"A:" "But I gave "B" your number so you could ask her if she knew of anyone who would help you with the move."

Me: "Oh. I didn't know that's why she was calling!"

Then followed a loooong conversation in which "A" tried to get me to recall I had asked her to search around for mover helpers for me. I still don't remember doing that.

Bless her heart, "A" told me she would get back in touch with "B," explain that Lea is not quite okay from time to time and likely brainfaded WHY you were calling and I'll ask her to call you again. I'm just too embarrassed to do that myself.

Please, somebody, tell me I'm not the only one who is THIS foggy!

Lea.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

LOL, I couldn't even understand the story.

Maybe it would be clearer if you called "A" Brenda and called "B" Alice.

I've had the same thing happen when I play bridge. Somebody says who bid what and I say, "Joe bid spades" and somebody says, "No, You bid spades" and I say, "I did?" and...