OT rug cleaner

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onedaymagpie, Mar 15, 2006.

1. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Hi all
    I have been thinking about buying a rug cleaner or shampooer for our carpets. I know these have been discussed a bit in the past, but am wondering if anyone has a model they think does a great job, or one they have been disappointed with . . .
    Thanks all
    Mag -
  2. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

It has an attachment to do furniture or cars or hard to get rid of spots - I'll check what kind it is & get back to you. AMY

OK, I checked mine - it just says Hoover Spin Brush Steam Vac - Also, my mother has an apt. building & we use this after people move out & it does a great job! Good luck in your search![This Message was Edited on 03/15/2006]
  3. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Amy - thanks for your reply. We have 3 dogs and 3 cats - so our carpets take a beating! Thanks again - Maggy
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Get a two by four as long as a vacuum is wide. Glue some bricks on top. Attach a rope to each end.

Now drag it across your rug to create that just-vacuumed look.

This sounds like almost as much work as vacuuming, but Mr. B. won a Pulitzer Prize so I guess he must know what he's talking about.
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

With the build up of toxic chemicals from the shampooers. There are some products now that are more natural. For me, we have wood floors in the main, but the one carpet room I use baking soda and vinegar mix in a steamer rather than the commercial shampoo.

Love Anne C
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

And just remember the more you shampoo . The faster it will get soiled the next time.

After we did it a few times it soiled a lot faster and had to do it more often.

We have new carpeting now and going to have it cleaned by the CO. that sold it to us.

Ours was a Hoover it worked great had nothing to do with its performance had everything to do with the carpeting.

Sue
  7. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Thanks for the info. The baking soda and vinegar - great idea. I use that combo a lot, including to clean the kitchen garbage disposal; just sprinkle in some baking soda and vinegar on top. Did you ever read "Queen of Clean" - she loves that combo for cleaning?
    Thanks, Maggy