OT Sad Update on Dz May She 's gone to heavan!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Sep 16, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Isn't Life Interesting??? I've Had this little Gal for about 4 Years and other than Having a sensetive Stomach that requires 20$ for 20Lb Bag of Dog food, (no problem) I'm not complaining! Part Pom/spitz. about 7years old by the Vet anaology!

The other day She started to stumble around and was having trouble walking and navigating around the furniture!........................................I thought I would give it one more day to see what the problem might be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It's alot worse! called the vet Have to get her in there on monday morning! Looking up what it might be on the google Vet page and she Has all the symptoms of something called.....SARDS! A gradual type of Blindness! Ok (not Fun!!) ................She's eating, drinking and going potty alright! of course i help her around ! packing her everywhere! we go out on the leash to go for walks and now short ones for Her .................................................So sad for my Little Dazee May~~~~~ Has anyone ever Heard of this before?! It's almost like she has Fm/Cfs! just like us! A very friendly outgoing little gal!............................Loves to socialize! loves to go for car rides to the lake and swim and chase sticks! ,,,,,,,,,,,Sydney

[This Message was Edited on 09/17/2006]
  2. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your little companion going blind!

But, I'm also very glad she has you to love her and keep having fun with her - she'll still have a happy life with you.

She will soon get good at navigating around, and will learn to compensate for her loss of vision.

Give the lil pup a hug from me.

Roseblossom
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

thankyou for your reply ! I'm so very worried for her because she's going through so seizure activity now also! so not fun !! I have no clue what brought this on ! I adopted her about 4 years ago and she seemed fine !,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But now it's a different story! Thanks again ! I'm doing the best i can for her now since it's the weekend and no vets offices are open!!!!!!! i'l just keep praying !................................HUgs ,,,,,,,Sydney
    [This Message was Edited on 09/16/2006]
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Aw, so sorry to read about your little dog. I have three right now. Two years ago we had a rescue dog, Angel. She was a two year old weiner dog and we had to put her down, she hurt her back jumping off my bed and it wouldn't heal and the poor girl couldn't walk. She's buried down back with a butterfly bush growing beside her and an angle statue to keep her company, sure do miss her.

I'll be watching for an update on Dazee May, hug her for me. Furbabies are the best.....

Hugz,
    Tona
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I hope your vet can help here. It could be something as simple as worm infestation as this can cause both seizures and temp. blindness. The treatment for this is only available at a vets, so I hope you can get to one.

Hugs and puppy hugs.

Love Anne
  6. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I hope Dazee May's check up goes ok on Monday.

Hugging my furbabies and hoping for the best for your little gal!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Hello all and thankyou for the support! unfortenitaly (sp) I have some very very bad news to report!! Dazee May is no longer with us! ...........She started Having seizures yesterday afternoon ..................and they got worse as the day wore on ! and all through the night! so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I took Her to the Emerengcy Vet and we had to put her to sleep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,So sad!! so yes it's a very very difficult day for me ! she apparently has had the disorder for awhile but i never realized it was an illness!.............................................I just thought she was (being alittle scamp when she acted up ! But not the case! She always Had sort of major attachment issues never wanting to leave my side! Which was fine with me!! We got to have 4 good and fun years togeather and now she's gone to Heaven!.............................I just had them cremate Her do to the fact that i live in a Apt complex and there's really no place to bury her...............................I had no idea that i was this attached to Her!! But Yeah!! Thankyou all again...............Love .............Sydney
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am so very very sorry. Oh the poor thing and you too. Gosh, one never knows. We lost one of our dogs like that last year, she seemed just fine, a little nervy and such and I took her to ER as she was wheezing and they said she would not last the day, had lung cancer!!!

It is such a shock and very sad. I really feel for you.

Rainbow bridge.

Love Anne
  10. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

It's so hard when we loose a family memeber, but yes she is in heaven right now. Praise the Lord, she is perfect right now.
    My prayers go out to you, I know the pain of that loss.
    God bless, Julie
  11. KyLady

KyLady New Member

So sorry about your loss. It sure does hurt when you loose them.

I just couldn't resist telling you something I just got through email a few days ago.

It was a warning if you had pets and used the swiffer spray mop. I don't know how legit this is but it said that the spray contained something harmful to babies and small pets. It may be an Urban ledgend I didn't check it out but thought it worth mentioning.

Hope this isn't the case for your dear Dazy May but wanted to pass it on.

Kylady
  12. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for being supportive! It's evening here now in Montana ! Have never had a pet before that had to be put to sleep so this is a new one for me!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,She's in a better place now in doggie Heaven, and is probably instagateing trouble already!! She had red hair (long)a very pretty girl! sort of resembled a little Fox ! all i know is that i loved her very much and we had alot of fun togeather!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks again!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs to All.....sydney
  13. elliespad

elliespad Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Sadly,I am about to face the same decisions with my Ellie. I know she is at peace and pray you, too, can find peace from your pain.

With deepest sympathy,

Elliespad
  14. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Sydney:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am sure it has just been terrible for you. Our "pets" sometimes become so much more than pets...friends, part of the family. I know that you are going through a tough time.

Hope it gets better for you soon.

Ingrid
  15. kriket

kriket New Member

I know you have lots of memories though. So sorry about the loss of your pet.

Kriket
  16. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

Oh Sydney,

I'm so sorry to hear she is gone. Thank you for caring for her, and for loving her through her little life.

I liked what you said about her being in doggie heaven making mischief - makes me smile to imagine her.

Roseblossom

[This Message was Edited on 09/17/2006]
  17. Neicee99

Neicee99 New Member

Hi Sydney,
    I am sorry to hear about your Dazee May. It can be so hard to lose a pet. My youngest, five years old, had a hamster and it died Friday and we buried it. We had a nice little funeral for him and she cried her little heart out which of course broke mine.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed four wonderful years with her.

Hugs
    Neicee
  18. tonakay

tonakay New Member

This is not the update I was hoping to find. I am so sorry my friend. My heart really hurts for you right now. Mikie printed a wonderful poem for me when I lost my Angel, I hope if she sees this she will print it here too. I'm not sure what I did with mine but if I find it I'll post it here.

Lots of sad hugz,
    Tona
  19. Loveyame

Loveyame New Member

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

LOVE YA ME
  20. sisland

sisland New Member

Thankyou all so so much! this has certianly Helped to ease my pain~~!!

What a little Trooper Dz May was! She went fast! oh my Gosh!!!.................I guess you never know with rescue dogs! Tona I looked up Rainbow Bridge last night and Wow is that fitting ! Again thankyou all so much for the support ! at the moment i'm Babysitting my Daughters Dog so that helps!!...................................................Love to all!!....................Sydney
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2006]