OT? SED rate 11 on a scale of 0 to 30

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bambi, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Bambi

Bambi New Member

The doctors office called and said my blood test was fine except a little "low" on the SED rate. I asked what it was and she said 11 on a scale of 0 to 30. The doctor wants me to come in, not ASAP, but
    soon. ???? Everything I've looked up says that would be a pretty good reading. Does any one know?
  2. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

The SED rate measures the inflammation present in your blood and it should be low. 11 is well in the normal range so I am not sure why your doc is worried. My SED rate is consistently over 40 and has been as high as 60. Not sure if you have FMS or CFS, but elevated inflammation markers are not necassarily connected to either. I am not a doctor, but I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Nancy
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

A sed of 11 sounds pretty darn good to me too. In normal range. Low would be 2, which many atheltes have.

Love Anne
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

it sounded pretty normal after reading every website I could find. I "wonder" about this doctor every time
    he does ANYthing. I only think it's a little wierd because I do have Arthritis and I don't know if Osteoporosis causes inflamation or not but also have that. Anyhoo, thanks for answering!!
  5. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Taking heparin to get it back up.
  6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

like the one person mentioned here, mine is always 30 or more and sometimes as high as 65.

GBHope
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

Not to worry,.... that number sounds very good~

I've always been told that up to 18 is ok.

Mine is usually above 30,....
    But has been as high as 58.
    thats when they(drs) recommend prednisone to bring it down.

take care :)
  8. Bambi

Bambi New Member

no one feels it's a problem! I always go online and try to check this sort of thing but the info isn't always reliable like it is here. Thank you all! Bambi