OT: See this pic of me from 20 yrs ago Hilarious

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Sep 18, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Hilarious!! This pic was taken about 20 years ago (1986). I am sitting on the fenced windowsill to
    the right. Good heavens! I spent a couple of years with this all-girl band and we rocked the butts off the guys!

We were doing pretty good, but I left after a while to play with some guys in the home arena. The band split shortly after I left.

I thought you guys might find this old pic fun, especially those of you who were my age back then.
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Great picture! Gotta love the 80's, that was one of my favorite decades. I'm a little older than you, and I was never in a band, but there were some fun things going on back then. Thanks for sharing!

Just curious, what did you play in the band. Are you still musical? I have my flute from when I was a kid....it is now an antique!
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

That is DEFINITELY an 80's pic

Very neat!
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

looking group. What was the name of this sexy ensemble?

I used to play the flute too, HL. I was in the H.S. band, despite the fact that I was lousy as a flautist. Haven't the faintest where my old flute is.
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Fun! I played base guitar. I had to stop about 8 years ago when my neuropathy started. I was pretty good, a studio musician as well, jazz, traditional, blues, trash metal (yeah!). The name of this group was Anashi (female goddess).
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2006]
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

That's so cool that you were in a band!! Love the Photo!! I used to (try) and wear my hair like that! Never looked that good tho!.................................................It's fun to look back at all the fun times of the 80's! My favorite era!!..........................S
  7. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I love it! I was an 80's girl myself.
  8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

a sexy, hard rockin' bass guitarist, too!

What happened to the other members of Anashi?

9. misskoji

misskoji Member

YOU ARE HOT MAMMA! I remember those days of big hair. Aqua net was my best friend! Thanks for the pic, really enjoyed it!

Hugs,
    Deanna
  10. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Mind you- this was 20 years ago, those years and 3 pregnancies have done a number on me, not to mention this DD! I am a bleak shadow of back then. But good heavens, the 80's were good times! Pretty harmless era, won't you say?

As for the girls- I met with them before I moved to the US, I heard the guitarist (the blond on the floor to the right) went to the US for a while. I haven't been home, but when I do go back I may try to find them! The guitarist was a guru, I still get chills down my spine when I hear her solos- nobody would believe it was a "gal! There were still some pregidous (spelling?) thoughts about women on stage back then, but that seems to be a thing of the past now.
  11. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Aquanet- did your hair break off on the pillow too? I was too tired to wash it out many times after coming home 4 in the mornings,, those hairspray days! LOL! My boyfriend at the time pretended I injured him with my hair sometimes,,,LOL!
  12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Am I the only one in the world waiting for the 80's hair to come back???

I miss it and figure since they're bringin back skinny jeans and leggings, the hair is only one step behind.

Great pic, you looked wonderful!

Hugs,

Nancy B
  13. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I read your profile. I feel for you, I hope you find some support here, it can be a lonely path. I do the same (isolate), but I'm probably in better shape than you right now, although I might flare anytime.

HUGS
  14. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I clicked on your Pic and my iMac started to SMOKE!!

You girls looked so great that your voices were most

likely secondary to the "stage scenery"!!!

Can you do an Encore?

MRDAD
  15. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Oh, even farther, Walla Walla! 280 miles away. Rheumy's don't like the state medical coupons (medicaid), that's why! Shitty. A Rheumy stops by my docs office every other week but won't see me! Money, money money, like Mr Crabs says in Spongebob.
  16. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

Lenasvn,

I gotta say I loved the 80s. The picture is awesome and all of you ladies are very pretty. I have to show this pic to my husband because ya know all that 80s stuff is coming back and everytime my daughter dresses like that he just laughs. The old times are coming back to get him! He is much older than I am so I can say that.

It is great to see such a great pic, it brings back old memmories!

God Bless!

noahvle--kathy
  17. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Sex pistols!

Marta
  18. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

It's the Mac! LOL!
  19. misskoji

misskoji Member

My hair would break off, got a colic from wearing it like a ski hill to one side. Yeah hated washing my hair too. After all for that big hair you have to spend hours right? LOL, thanks for the memories!
    Deanna

[ advertisement ]