OT Seeseaisme, suggestions for painting your wall

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Nov 2, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I read a posts from a while back. Have you ever used a paint that is called an enamel underbody?

It can be tinted the color you are going to use on your wall.Then it only takes one coat of paint to go over it to finish your wall.

I had dark paneling on my wall in the den. I had the enamel under body tinted, I only had to use 1 gallon of paint to finish the job.

I also wanted something that wouldn't peel off.I took one of those drink tops like comes on alcohol drinks and scraped my wall with it.No peelimg off.Hope this helps with your project.

Thanks for your prayers too, I noticed you on the prayer board. Dianne
  2. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I already have the necessary paint for this project, but will keep this in mind for my next room. Geez, they really liked paneling on their walls, here (lol).

I'm on a very tight budget, I haven't been able to work for a year, and I can't switch horses in mid-stream. I really appreciate it and will remember to ask about this in the future. I bought Olympia paint at Lowes. Do I get the enamel underbody somewhere special or do most hardware stores carry this?

Thanks,

sees
  3. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I bought the enemal underbody at a Benjamin Moore store.

Kilz also works , it comes in water based and oil based.BUT if you use kilz you are limited to what you can use over it in the future like wall paper, or certain other kinds of paint.

I used to test products for a building company, that's how I got all the info.

I'm on a budget here too.Take note of the section of a store that sells paint. I call it their OOOOPs corner.Where people have had paint mixed, brought it back because the color or texture wasn't right. You can buy it for about 5 dollars a gallon.I have bought it for 2or3 dollars a gallon.