OT: Sharing some good feedback from work about CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KelB, Mar 21, 2006.

1. KelB

KelB New Member

I had my annual appraisal at work today and you could've knocked me down with a feather.

I've been back at work part-time since last May, gradually building up my hours. VERY gradually. I also follow my Occ Therapist's advice and have four, half hour rests a day, at set times.

I was anticipating some heavy hints from colleagues and managers about when I was planning to go full-time again, whether I was able to stop taking rests yet, could I work at the office more etc.

Instead, the feedback about how I'm handling the CFS was all positive! Some of the comments:

"She is handling her illness in a sensible way and it is obvious that she is improving as a result of her own actions."

"Her self-discipline in managing her work/rest regime has impressed me."

"She has maintained a positive attitude in the face of a debilitating illness which I admire. I wish her a continuing recovery."

I was stunned!
  2. Slangx

Slangx New Member

That is so wonderful, I'm happy for you, and I applaud your coworkers for being - not only understanding, but also actively supportive.

I'm to the point where my absences are starting to look pretty bad. While my boss & coworkers are understanding for now, I fear that won't last much longer. It is a pain in the rear for them, after all.

Again, congrats to you!

C.
  3. berrytired

berrytired New Member

Awwww that's awesome! Congratulations...maybe they know someone with it??
  4. KelB

KelB New Member

Thanks for the kind comments.

I know from some of the horror stories here that it's rare to find such an enlightened approach from an employer or colleagues.