OT Silicone Bakeware Anyone??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaiasmom, Mar 23, 2006.

1. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I am registering for wedding gifts, and was wondering if anyone has had any sucess with the new silicone bakeware? I think I would like to try it, but I don't want to get a whole new set of baking pans that I won't like!

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Leanne
  2. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

the baking pads are great! they make pizzas cookies, etc turn out very nice!
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

But don't use it now I heard about the risks from these at high temps. I use only stainless steel now which are awful to clean, but then we eat so much raw foods these days, it is not so bad.

Good luck with whatever you chose.

Love Anne C
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

The bake ware is terrible.......yes its faster and easy clean up.

But my cakes and cookies come out looking weird and they don't taste right....I bake almost 3 times a week we never buy store bought.........I thought it would be great but the food taste funny....

If you use there loaf pan and a medal one bake 2 loafs of bread you can see the difference.

Sue
  5. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I would not go near them because I would be afraid of chemical contamination leaking into my food from the silicone.

There is now evidence that teflon is unsafe and I personally believe that silicone will turn out the same way.