OT..... Simple Pleasures

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Aug 14, 2006.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

I bought a bar of soap the other day. Not just soap, but made with beeswax and honey and olive oil. The lather smells heavenly, is rich and creamy, and makes my skin feel soft and pampered. Every shower is a delight!

I think this $2.50 cent purchase will bring many moments of joy to me!

So, what are your simple pleasures? What brings joy and a smile to your day, even for a moment? (besides chocolate, that's too easy!)

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

couldn't find my post, maybe bumping it will bring it up?
  3. BethM

BethM New Member

now that the board is working again! was it just me?
  4. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I make soap, and body butter. Haven't made either in awhile.

I love burning incense and scented candles when I get home from work, to symbolize that I've escaped Alcatraz (nickname for my job) and I'm in my castle (home). As a matter of fact, because I cannot stand bright light, I only shower in the dark or by candlelight.
  5. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I bought a bouquet of roses and other flowers. It cost $7.00 and filled two vases. So pretty!

God Bless.
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

I would Have to say that Taking a Bath or Shower everyday and useing smelly soap and lotions have to be the best the simple pleasures i can think of!!

The way i feel before and after a shower or a Bath has no comparison! feel much better! was thinking on ordering some soap making supplies from ebay! I know you can buy them from there also! but it's spendy with shipping!..................Oh and Yeah I let myself have one piece of chocolate everyday!!...........................Sydney
  7. Juloo

Juloo Member

Yep, it sounds really weird. But I love genealogy, and making a breakthrough just makes my day -- right up there with getting a reply to a letter!
  8. BethM

BethM New Member

how fun! and you would know exactly what is in it, too. what a great idea...

luxurious soaps, good scents, flowers, chocolate, long showers... sounds like we are taking ourselves on a date! (chuckle!) sounds fun and nurturing to me!

Beth.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/14/2006]
  9. BethM

BethM New Member

doesn't sound weird at all! success is happy making!

Beth.
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

a good book and an apple is always a treat.
  11. Bren5

Bren5 New Member

My simple pleasures are great smelling lotions and soaps that make my skin feel soft. Soft cotton jammies and a good book.
  12. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

warm socks, homemade bread, candles & incense, scented soaps & lotions, soothing music, flowers, good chocolate, flavoured tea, pretty stationary, ribbons & bows

these are a few of my favourite things

God bless,
    Anne Theresa