OT Song: You're Not the One for Me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pepper, Aug 4, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

Last night I was in a store and they were playing the most beautiful song and I am going crazy trying to find out who sings it. I want that CD! I found myself singing along and bee-bopping around the store (luckily there were few other shoppers). It was a quiet, laid-back song and I am sure that I have seen it performed on TV.

I think it is called "You're Not the One for Me". Does anyone know this song or who sings it? I have surfed the net this morning and can't find the right one! There are others but the lyrics are different.

Just did some more surfing and I realized that I saw Katherine McPhee sing it on American Idol. I loved that song when she sang it. I think it might be a Norah Jones song. Anyone know?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2006]
  2. pamj

pamj New Member

is the name of the song.... her name is KT Tunstall

Do a google on her and check out her page on myspace. You can see her video of her performing it if you click the stop button of the song playing & scroll down to play the video. You may not realize it, but she is a one woman band singing this... that's why the video is so awesome. She does her own backup and rhythm by recording it at the beginning of the song, and tapping her foot on the player to repeat it through the song. You have to watch it to see! I saw her on the Ellen show and I was amazed.

It is a VERY catchy song... I'm pretty sure it's the one your talking about.

Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2006]
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

That's it! I LOVE that song! I also listened to another on that web site. She is fabulous. And she is a one woman band! I can't believe I have never heard of her before. I will be buying at least one CD today.

Thank you so much for this information.

Pepper
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I watched the first video (really liked that one too) but found the one I was looking for too.

I will check out that site.

Pepper