OT sons football physical irregular heatbeat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LEFTYGG, Mar 3, 2006.

1. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

my son went for a physical to play arena football. hes 21 6'3 and 280lbs not fat muscular. dr said pulse was 120 and irregular heartbeat blood pressue 140/78.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! THEY ARE SENDING HIM FOR EKG AND WONT LET HIM PRACTICE.

HIS DAD HAS 100 PULSE ALWAYS HAS. IM ONE WHO THINKS WORSE POSSIBLE SENERIO.

ANY INPUT PLEASES YOU ALL ARE SO KNOWLEGEABLE.
    TYVM GAIL
  2. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Has his BP ever been elevated before? I myself have high blood pressure and have to take a beta blocker.

Many people when going to a doctor can get nervous and it causes the pulse and BP to skyrocket?

The bottom number (Diastolic) appears to be in the normal range but the high number (Systolic) appears to be in the higher range which is what the doctors pay attention to most.

He sounds really healthy and I hope everything works out for you and your son to where he can play.

Wish I could offer more help and keep us updated.

Lindy

3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

this could mean a few things...i noticed he is bipolar could it be his medications...tht is increasing pulse and/or the bp...i know mine has been, the pulse that is, because of a couple of the antidepressants they have tried me on and at xmas time my face was flushing from the med in was on.....

i am not on it anymore and the pulse had came down...my pluse was 64 then it went up to 114 all becaue of this medication...now it is back down ot like 72...

they will make sure they get the answers correct for him...it could other things..so just be glad that they have caught this at this stage of the game...

jodie
  4. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

TY PRICKLES LINDY AND JODIE. I KNEW I COULD COUNT ON YOU.

JODIE I ASKED HIM IF HE TOLD DOC HE WAS ON LEXAPRO. THATS REALLY GREAT THAT YOU NOTICED HE WAS BIPOLAR.

I GET SO UPSET OVER MY KIDS I TAKE EVERYTHING SO HARD WHEN IT COMES TO THEM I TRULEY BELEVE THATS CAUSED MY FM.

THANK YOU ALL YOUR THE ONLY ONES I FEEL UNDERSTAND.

I TRY NOT TO SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF BUT ITS HARD WHEN ITS YOUR KIDS.