OT: SOOO mad, I can't breathe............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by detsgirl, Sep 13, 2006.

1. detsgirl

detsgirl New Member

Hi Everyone,

I just had to come and vent a minute. I have just been accused of being a liar. I'm so upset that I can't even think right now.

I have an item on Ebay (Please note, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here, just need a friend to talk to right now), I listed everything I know about this item. Then I was being asked questions about it, so my husband took it into yet another repair man who said "Yes, this is the original, etc" I posted everything that was said.

Now I got two emails telling me that it is impossible and that I am a liar and should not mislead people.

What do I do now? I have bids on it and some are calling me a liar!! Honestly, I don't know much about this item, it was just passed down to me after my Dad died.

Teresa
  2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Hi Detsgirl -

If I were you, I would withdraw the auction listing if you can. To find out, hook up with their on-line customer service reps.

If you can't, then modify the listing to read "as is, where is ONLY, provenance is NOT guaranteed, auction winner assumes all risk for item" something like that - that way you are being up front.

If you are left negative feedback, you are allowed to respond to that equally or you both can enter dispute resolution and mutually agree to both withdraw. Most people try to resolve everything before it gets to that stage because its to everyone's benefit to keep their feedback as sterling as possible.

Don't forget that you can withhold your feedback as well and wait until the transaction is entirely over before giving it. It's Seller's custom to give it when the Buyer pays, but if you're nervous, you don't have to.

Good Luck,
    Madame Curie
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

some people try this to get stuff cheaper
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I would leave it.You posted it with the description and everything you were told about it.

Some people try to rattle your cage to get the Item cheaper.I would not worry about it.The emails you got were not from those who are winning the bid right?

Let it ride out.If the person who wins it is not happy you can always offer a refund after they return the Item minus postage.

Good Luck.Don't let it get to you.I wouldn't.

Hugs
    Sue
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

My opinion: I have purchased on there but never sold. If you have good ratings, which I'm sure you do, then I wouldn't be concerned. As previously suggested, I would leave and refund if necessary.

Maybe you should take a look at the ratings of those who are calling you a liar; it's possible they may be wanting something for nothing and not have fair ratings.

You've done your job by telling just what you know about the item.

Hope it works out,

BlueSky555
  6. detsgirl

detsgirl New Member

you guys make me feel so much better!!

Teresa
  7. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

some of those folks just aren't very nice(or anywhere else

for that matter!).

Just like you I try to be as honest and nice as possible

and people

still fuss and arent' happy and send emails....It's there

problem if they

have bid and don't think the item is correct cancel there

bid and tell them to go bid on another somewhere else

because if they win the auction then it will be a long

process, which no matter what you do will probably still

wind up with negative feedback for no reason even after

you have jumped thru hoops to make them happy. You

absolutely don't need the aggravation!

Hope that helps!
    Blessings,
    Kelly
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Don't pay ANY attention to this idiot! Probably just try-
    ing to keep the price down by casting "grave uncertainty"
    about your idem. Hopes to get it cheaper that way!

And he didn't add the "pants on fire" part, so he is a
    double idiot!

Having been an Antique dealer, I can tell you stories all
    day about unscrupulous DEALERS that I knew. Luckily they
    were few but lethal even to one another!

Kiss it off Teresa,
    Your friend (YOU know who!!)
    MRDAD
  9. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I think you have gone out of your way to check the item out. I think the full disclosure you have made is enough. You say what the repairman said and that the items was not yours but your Dads. Enough

sell it with a clear conscience. Good luck, I hope you get a great price for it!
  10. detsgirl

detsgirl New Member

I really do think they are trying to get me to come down on the price. We have been told by 2 people we should get over $10,000.00 for this item. The people probably just wants to buy it at $2000 and then make an $8000 profit.
    I'm not letting it get to me anymore. I'm way to tired today!!

I'll keep you posted on the bids! Its getting up in price now!!!!!!!

Teresa