OT: SOOO Stressed out, dermatologist removed 2 moles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by claudiaw, Jul 24, 2006.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

today. She suspect's melanoma! My mom died from that.

I'm trying hard not to freak out.

This stress is making me hurt worse, but it pales in comparrison to melanoma.

I also have been having female trouble, God know's what that could be.

I really just need a break, I need good new's. Don't know how much more I can handle. Praying I don't have to find out!

Trying to trust God and relax, I know worrying isn't going to change anything, but I watched my mom die a horrible death from this. i don't want to go through that.

Anyway, thank's for letting me freak out here, don't know what to do. I'm a bundle of nerves.

So much for sleeping.

Best wishes to you,

Claudia
  2. shell

shell New Member

and bump..

I hope everything turns out okay. I know being in a scare is so hard. I hope they get the results back to you soon.
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

shell-Thanks for the kind word's.

xchocoholic( how do you become one, by the way:)- I really appreciate your post. It has really helped me.

My moles were very small(1/8 of an eraser size maybe), not itchy or scaley. She said the edges were a bit irregular and a bit of white color in the middle.

I went for a regular checkup, just because my mom had it.My mom waited too long to have her's removed, it was a dime size, maybe a bit smaller. She died in 1985, which I know they didn't know about melanoma as much as they do now.

i guess I see it as a death sentence. It just 1 more thing to possibaly worry about.

I need to leave it with God, cause there's only so much I can do.

I'm so happy to hear you have been cancer free and your biopsies have been negative.

I just was having a really hard cry, thought I was going to have a panic attack, and came to look at the board's and there was your post.

That was an answer to prayer. thank you for the encouragement and hope.:)

Claudia

P.S. If you don't mind my asking, why do you keep having to have biopsy? Are your moles changing?
  4. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I'm pretty fair, but dad is Italian, so I am not as fair as mom was, and have brown eyes.

I grew up in Calif. and of course didn't use sunscreen as a kid. I think the SPF was about 4 on most prodyct's at that time anyway.:)

I am suppose to go to dermatologist for check-up's just because of mom's history.

I put it off ( along with gyno appt's) because I have spent the last 3 yrs. going from doc to doc to dx my FM.

Now that I have my P.T. and Rhuemy, I am playing catch up on my regular routine visit's.

Most my moles are on my back or places I can't bend my neck to see, so keeping up is hard.

thank's again for your post, it really helped take the stress off.:)

Best wishes,

Claudia

By the way I noticed you are also a vegan and on diability, me too.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/24/2006]
  5. TAM

TAM New Member

HI Claudia,

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and pray that you don't have melanoma. I'm sorry your so stressed out i understand completely its to bad that your stressed because of coarse that leads to additional pain.

I wish you all the best, hang in there sweetie, you will get good news, let us know when you do. Take care, Tammy.
  6. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

joannla- Glad to hear you are cancer free.:) sound's like you caught it just in time, my mom wasn't so fortunate.

They are training dog's to sniff out cancer's, and it's interesting that the ones I have seen are schnuzer's (sp).
    They must have the best noses for cancer detection.

Tam- Thank you for the prayer's, it just seem's to be one health issuse after another for me. I know we all ahve stress going on, so I appreciate all who have taken the time to encourage me.:)

Best wishes to all who have responded, I pray good health for you, including getting better from CFS/FM.

Claudia
  7. shell

shell New Member

I am a very moley girl - even one on my ear that some people think is an extra earring!! I have had about 8 or so removed. I figure why wait for something to happen and have to keep watching the things!! My insurance paid for all of them. I just asked and told them they were irritating me (about 4 of them were). I will have a couple more removed in the future as they get bigger over the years. I think of it as preventative medicine and fewer worries.
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

My GP didn't like the look of a mole on my abdomen. I am fair skinned and spent summers in the sun but the spot where this mole was had never seen the sun.

It was removed and found to be malignant melanoma but the edges were clean. Since then I have had 20 moles removed as a precaution, including two on my scalp and 8 on my back.

I made a map of my body and my DH checks me over regularly and notes any changes. At the first sign of a change, I am at the dermatologist's office to get the darn thing off.

I know how worrisome this is for you. I will say a prayer that all is clear.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  9. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Shell- prevention is definately the way to go. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself that way.

Pepper- I'm glad your mole was removed in time. Catching them early makes a big difference, I hear.

My husband was with me and the drema showed him the ones she was removing and why, so he can help me watch mine. with my stiff neck and shoulder's most are hard for me to see.

She removed one that just bothered me mentally, it came up after lying in the sum when I was a kid, and I worry about it.

Because of too many moles ( about 30 she said) she doesn't want to take them all off.

But regardless of the dx of these 2, i will need to see her on a regular basis.

My fear is worse than some I guess, since I lost my mom to it.

I am just trying to tell myself mine were small. She waited too long to go have her's removed.

Thanks for your word's of encouragement and sharing your stories, it help's a lot.

The ;ast thing I need is more stress. I hurt so bad today from the worry and stress of yesturday.

Your responses have helped.:)
    Claudia
  10. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Your fear is perfectly understandable considering you lost your Mum to melanoma.

The good news is that a lot of progress has been made in the treatment of melanoma - and being proactive is the best way to be.

Just take it a step at a time and try to stay relaxed while you wait for the biopsy results.

I am very "moley" also and have had two removed so far and both negative so far.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  11. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Thanks for the comforting word's.

I'm happy your's have all been negative.:)

best wishes,

Claudia

[ advertisement ]