OT, sorta yahoo's TRACKING YOU unless you 'opt out'

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Sep 27, 2006.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Seems like the internet is plagued with infestations of the e-version of "no-see-ems". This is the latest one - I have opted out before, a long time ago, but decided I probably need to do it again just to make sure. Maybe this is superfluous? If so, somebody please tell me. . .

otherwise, you can follow the instructions below:

-----------------------------------------

If you belong to any Yahoo Groups this is important...

Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo Group users around the net and see what you're doing and where you are going similar to cookies. They are recording every website and every group you visit.

Take a look at their updated privacy statement: <http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy>

About half-way down the page, in the section on cookies, you will see a link that says web beacons. Click on the web beacons link which brings you to another page. Find the paragraph entitled "Outside the Yahoo Network."In this section you'll see the link "click here to opt out" . This allows you to "opt-out" of their new method of snooping.

Notice the "Success" message on the top of the next page.

Be careful because on that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button that, if clicked, will *undo** the opt-out.
  2. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

Thanks for the info. I followed your directions (perfect!) and opt'd out. We are "tracked" too much already. Thanks, again,

Theresa
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's all so disturbing what is happening to our individ-
    ual privacy and liberties! Never would have thought that
    the American people would sit back and allow their rights
    to be chipped away at so easily. Especialy sad that we
    are presently loosing the generation of Americans who
    sacraficed so, so much to quarantee them for us all!

Thanks again Victoria,
    MRDAD
  4. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

and it says I have to go to EACH INDIVIDUAL and company site and opt out from each one separately.

I went to one site and it was very confusing.

I hate the marketing industry!!

Gah!
  5. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Done!!!!! Thank you.