OT: Starting New Thread From KateMac About Bite

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KateMac329, Aug 8, 2006.

1. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hi,
    I wanted to give an update and decided it would be easier for you guys to find if I started a new thread.

Basically I have lost all faith in the medical community.

Seriously. I am feeling kind of emotionally numb today. I think from all the stress I have been under from this stupid infection and the lack of medical care I have been receiving.

It is pretty pathetic that I had been to my doctor three times last week, to the ER on Saturday, on the phone with my doctor yesterday and to another ER yesterday afternoon all for NOTHING.

The ER doctor yesterday basically told me that I was already on the anitbiotics that I needed to be on and that it should get rid of it.

I had a list of my symptoms written down, I was crying (but NOT overly emotional) and was explaining to him that I was feeling bad and he just brushed me off.

To be honest and I don't really understand this I can only half remember my visit yesterday. I think I am so tired and stressed and not feeling well that I want to crawl in bed for a week and not have to deal with anyone.

The actual bite itself IS looking better. I sent a friend some pictures last night and it is even looking better this morning then it did in those pictures last night. So I guess the antibiotics are working to clear the rash and bite up.

My husband told me I am probably feeling so bad because of all the medication that is running through my system trying to fight the infection which maybe he is right.

AND although I feel really icky I do feel a little better then yesterday.

I know I am not making any sense at all here.

End result is that I have no faith in the medical community and will stay as far away from a doctor as I possibly can from here on out. They are useless half the time and a waste of my money.

I know that is harsh. I have been passed off and ignored and although it hurt to not be acknowledged before there were no visible signs on me or in tests that there was something wrong.

This time though is ridiculous. I am mad. It is just sad that I am mad after the fact. Why couldn't I have gotten mad yesterday in the ER when the doctor fully admitting to me he had never seen anything like this but that he thought my antibiotics would be okay, why did I let that go? Why didn't I stand up for myself? There was visible proof growing up my leg that something was not right yet I was still treated as if I was some crazy person making something up. It really ticks me off.

So what am I going to do now? Although I feel like crap I do feel somewhat better then yesterday. I am going to rest and continue to take my antibiotics and steriods. When I am done with this ten day treatment I am going on the best cleanse possible.

I am ridding myself of all this crappy junk and am going to work on replenishing my body!

In the mean time I am going to continue to keep a close eye on myself and my son (thank goodness there isn't one sign of illness, fever or anything) and meditate and pray.

I have been worrying myself into the ground which I think is actually harming myself more.

Thank you ALL for your continuous support! God knows I couldn't have gotten this far without you. You all are helping me get better through your knowledge and support! (sorry for being cheesy!)

(((HUGS)))

kate

Sorry I would have really liked to address each of you individually but I am so tired and need to nap! ((HUGS))

2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

since you are showing some real signs of healing. And it sounds like you have a good plan, to meditate, pray and cleanse after from all those nasty abx. They are nasty, but sometimes they save a life, so they were used right for a change.

When you can muster it, you need to accept taht doctors are human. Too bad they couldn't be more humane while they are screwing up. They are extremely limited and I really expect very little from them these days. I've gotten rid of my years of anger and resentment though. It really does make you worse, you aren't imagining that at all. Any kind of stress, even happy stress makes us worse.

Now that the worst scare is over, and you are healing and seem to have the right meds, you are probably reacting to all you've been through. All that fear and uncertainty. i'd really wallow and own those feelings, then push them away so they can't continue to hurt you. Lots of deep breathing, lots of praying, and lots of talking to yourself out loud and ordering yourself to let it go. They sure have, why should you continue to let them have any distructive power over you?

Jeanne
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

Sounds like you are getting better. Maybe it just took the antibiotics a few days to actually kick in and take hold of the infection. Hopefully tou will keep seeing signs of improvement and get to feeling better and better.

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 08/08/2006]
  4. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

kate did you go to the limestone hospital.....or to medical east..i havent had a problem yet with them, but if they were the ones i want to stay away...do you have any athens dr...
    wishing you well
    shirley
  5. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello,

No. The only time I have ever been to the Athens hospital is when I was having severe stomach pain during my pregnancy which turned out to be appendicitis. They treated me very well and I like them!

My family doctor is in Madison and has privledges at Huntsville Hospital. I went to Huntsville's new Urgent Care on Hwy 72 in Madison on Saturday.

Yesterday I went to Huntsville Hospital actually in Huntsville.

I refuse to go to Crestwood! I just refuse it!

Overall if I had to go back to the ER for something my top two choices would have to be Athens ER or back to the new Urgent Care in Madison.

Also I think it is time to look for a new family doctor so I am very open to suggestions!!!!

Thanks for the tip on the meat market in that post way back when! I haven't been yet. There is a new meat market that opened up in Madison that is organic and I have been there a few times though and I really like it.

(((HUGS)))

kate
  6. tlayne

tlayne Member

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Now just take a deep breath and relax. I know that it takes a while for the antibiotic treatment to kick in, but it would have been nice if the MD would have told you this and if they would have told you signs and symptoms to look for incase the antibiotics were not working.

Please don't be hard on yourself. Really, it would have saved you, and all of us a lot of worry if the medical people you were seeing were more competent. I mean saying...."I have never seen anything like this before." I am sure that was the truth, but he should have consulted with someone else or taken the time to do some research. No wonder we were all doubting their capabilities of taking the proper action.

I hope now that you are seeing improvement that you can rest well. Big Hugs, Tam
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Take care and I hope you continue to get better every day. You have really been through the mill on this one. I don't know how you were able to cope with going to the ER so many times.

Big healing hugs,
    Faye
  8. tlayne

tlayne Member

How are you doing? I hope the bite is healed and that you are doing good! Hugs, Tam