OT...Sugestions for sliding scale fee @ clinic

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Jan 22, 2006.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any sugestions on how to present finanical information for a sliding scale application? I am at a loss, when they want household income do I have to include the man I live with (I refer to him as my room mate) he does not pay my bills and help out with all household expences. Have any of you had to do this before? Do you have any advice. I have to finish this stuff tonight when I get home form work after midnight...sigh

My app't is @ noon tomorrow...panic... :)

I would be very greatful. I just haven't had a lot of time with working, taking care of my mother and everything else I am a little short on time.

Thanks in advance (TIA),

Karen
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

Can anyone help?
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

he isn't on your taxes right? he doesn't claim you on his right?

how can they prove this man lives with you...maybe you kicked him to the curb...

i have a freind here in cali and she was telling me how her co-pay went up because she told them she got married recently...

so i thnk it is meant for people that are married...

ask them if you have questions...call before you go and ask them don't tell them your name just say i have an appt coming up and i need to know what is considered household income...

jodie
  4. mildred623

mildred623 New Member

Just my opinion, but when I was single even if I did have a roomate. I always referred to myself as a 1 person household and included only my income. Your not married, he does not pay your bills and as someone else said you dont claim him on your taxes.
  5. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

You are not married and the bills are split - I would only put my info.

Kelly
  6. kjfms

kjfms Member

...I agree with you all, he doesn't pay by bills-heck we do not make that much combined. WV does not recognize any common law marriage one of seven states) which is why I refer to him as my "roommate". ;)

Technically the state of WV says it is illegal to co-habitat-a very old law that was never changed-isn't that ridiculous?

He does occasionally give me pocket money when I need gasoline, cigs, or what ever (we have had it pretty rough in the past year or so and if he has the money he would most certainly help me out, most of the time neither one of us has much, but we have managed to hang on to the house [he owns it]).

I will call in the morning as see their definition of household. I just can't see how they can take his income into consideration when we are not related or married...sigh (I really hate this kind of stuff) I mean if we can not use each other on our taxes how can they need his information, which I must say he totally agrees with me.

I did find a neat little budget planner for free on the Internet, I made one for myself and one for us together (just in case). I am going to start using this budget planner to help me better manage my money (little that there is...Ha!!!)

If anyone is interested in the free budget planner you can get it at

www dot alphalink dot com dot au/sergeb/index

it is called Budget Planner.

Thanks again to everyone, it feels better having someone else that sees this and feels the same way I do.

I'll let you know what happens.

Karen
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

...every thing went well, I just had to give them a copy of my last two paychecks and a release for my last tax return.

Thanks agian to all who replied,

Karen
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that was esy....

jodie