OT Sylvia Browne New Thread what would you do if

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Aug 20, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

you were psychic. In the other thread we were discussing whether we believed in her or not. Many of us remarked about how she used her talent. If you had psychic ability, how would you use it? Would you ask for money?

I'd like to think I would just use it for friends/family for free but if I was really that psychic, I think I'd want to help more poeople. I guess everyone needs to have income so I guess telling people they can give an anonymous donation would be okay?

What do you think? Have you been to a psychic?

One told me long ago that she saw me in many hospitals and doctors offices. I asked her if I was working there and she said no.
  2. matthewson

matthewson New Member

before she started dating my brother, and the psychic told her that she would marry a red-head and have a daughter and then a son. My brother has red hair, and she did have a daughter and then a son!

Weird huh? If she was a fake, she would have been more likely to say brown hair, as there are more brown haired people than any other color. Freaked us all out!

So, I do believe that there are some people with psychic abilities, but not all people who claim to be psychic are, in my opinion.

Take care, Sally
  3. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

I do not believe in them. As I am a Christian, that is playing with the devil in my opinion and it is against what I believe in spiritually.
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I have sveral friends who are psychic. One has discontinued readings of the future, becaue she feels that if God had wanted us to know the future, She would have told us.

They all have a set fee, becaue they need to make a living. One does not give readings for a living, so she asks nothing. However, there are some things they will not do.

They will not use their gift to make life easier for themseves, like turning red lights green, etc... That is considered an abuse of power. The same with gambling or the stock markiet.

If I had psychic ability I would do my very best to be ethical. I would ask for donations, which could be money or a gift of some kind.

The reason I would ask for something, is that, unfortunately, in our culture, people don't seem to value what they don't pay for. Also, metaphysically speaking, there needs to be an exchange of energy. That is usually in the form of a material object, such as money or a basket of fruit, etc....

This is a fun thread. Thanks,
    Terry

5. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I know the bible says not to turn to mediums, etc. but it also talks about prophets. Maybe someone who understands better could explain their point of view.
  6. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

or talent to tell us things. As a christian, I am not supposed to go to them for advice. I am to go to God in prayer and ask for guidance. I have been given the Holy Spirit for my guidance also. The Bible has a lot of information for me to draw from also.

As for prophets, I am to test them with the scriptures to see if what they say lines up with the scriptures.

I believe that as a christian I have discernment to know which is which.

The Bible even talks about psychics. They are real and have been around a long time.

Jodi
  7. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I've been to a psychic twice. Te first time was just few months after I developed CFS. I hadn't been diagnoised yet, but one doctor told me I might have MS. well that really scared me.

I never told this psychic anything about my illness or symptoms. Only said I was ill, and asked if I would get worse. I also never told her that I had a sister. Well, she told me I wouldn't get worse, but my sister would.

That proved to be true. Although I am still not well,I am better than I was at that time, and since then my sister has developed fibro, CFS, athsma, two different types of athritis, orthrostatic intolerance, and a couple of other things.

Thesecond time I saw a psychic I was living with a boyfriend and we were have some problems. I never told this woman that I had a boyfriend or anything about my life.

I can't remember all that she told me now, but I kind of felt that I was being reprimanded from the other side. It didn't make sense to me because I knew that with the trouble I was having with this boyfriend, my family that had passed would be be saying,if anything,to get him out of my house. He was giving me such a hard time because of this DD, and the stress of it was making me sicker.

Anyway, at the end of the reading, she asked me "who is Martha". I could think of a Martha, so told her I didn't know.

On the way home, I kept thinking about the name Martha, and then thought that Martha might be the name of my boyfriends mother.

At the house was a video that was made by the funeral home that took care of this man's mother's funeral. It was about her life and had pictures of her at different ages on it.

I went to get this video when I got home, and on the front of the case was her name. Yes, it was Martha. When Idiscovered this, the reading made total sense. Martha was sticking up for her son (right or wrong) from the other side.

Oh, about the money, I paid $30 each time. I thought it was fair. Everyone has to pay their bills you know.

Barb

8. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I would only charge a fee if I had no other income. And even then, I would be selective on who I charged. If someone was in true need, I would not charge and if someone just wanted to have a little fun with it, then a fee would be asked.

I've often wanted to visit a psycic but I don't know what to look for in regards to a "true" psycic vs a fraud. How do you discern before you make your first visit?
  9. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

There's a spiritualist camp near where I live. As a child I was taught that the devils work went on there, so for many years I wondered about it, but never went. After seeing Sylvia Browne on tv a few times, I decided I would go to this camp and check it out. The people that live there have different ablities. Some are psychics, some mediums, etc. They consider themselves christian and have a church there. Psychic abilities is just part of their spirituality.

They have a bookstore, and I first went in there and talked to a young man that knows the people there, and told him I'd never been there before. Asked him who he thought was the best there. He gave me the names of two different woman who lived there.

Also went to the administration building, and got a paper they had for the public with the names of the people who lived there abd their addresses and phone numbers.

They even have classes there for learning to tap in to any abilities you may think you have. Never even thought about doing that as I don't feel I have any.

So, if you'd be interest in a spiritualist camp, you could probably be able to do on search on the net , and see if there's one near you.

I've been to the one near me a few times now. Even went to their church once. The people are nice, and I'm still alive to tell about it. LOL

Barb

10. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I know there must be many ways, but I know of three:
    1. If they tell you that you must buy anything from them , like expensive candles, or make an offering in addition to the fee, then they are frauds.

3.If they inspire fear, either by their "energy" or by telling you fearful things, or by implied threats - like:"Somethng bad will happen to you if you don't do what I tell you.." Any attempt to exert power is unethical.

2. Follow your gut feeling. Nothing is for everyone, and even if a person is a good person and is a real psychic, it might not be for you, so follow your gut feeling. God is within you, and you have the necessary guidance.

Terry