OT Thankful but sad I couldn't do it myself.Does that make since

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Oct 20, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

This really bothers me .I have two ladies from Merry Maids here cleaning and one looks old enough to be my mother.She could run circles around me.I'm 53.

I just feel so let down that I am not able to clean my own house like I want to . I feel its so unfair to have the pain we do all the time.Not just the pain but I get so fatigued with trying to clean. I want to do these things .It may sound dumb ,but I use to love putting on my music and cleaning threw my house. Now I'm lucky if I can pick up a room forget cleaning a house.

It took them 3 hours just to clean threw.Dust and vacuum
    clean three and a half baths.Yes this is a huge home.We plan to down size when we move .All three of my children are on their way to living independent life's. The last one will part ways with this move.

I know I must sound so silly but these things have always been important to me and 53 isn't that old .I hate what this DD does to us.Thanks for letting me vent.
    I am very Thankful that my husband let me get these ladys to clean .
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

It does not sound silly at all to want to be able to do the things that you enjoyed doing. Whether it's cleaning, shopping, socializing, go to church, traveling, working and on and on...if we enjoyed doing it and now can't do it, it is a painful process to let it go.

One of the things that I miss the most is cooking and especially having friends over to share a meal that I have cooked. I never enjoyed pre-packed foods or pre-made or take-out foods. I like to see what goes into my meals and it is also an artistic outlet for me. Last night I cooked a very, very simple dinner and made a batch of homemade granola. Today I just got out of my pjs because that little bit of work set me back.

Don't feel bad about the way you feel. I think it's normal. It's just something that we need to accept. My house is much smaller than yours and I can't manage it either.

Lolalee
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

It took me ages to accept that I needed to hire someone to clean my house. I hate having someone else here going through my house. However, my family hounded me often enough that I gave in!!
    It does make life easier. I think what is most important, though, is that we can use the energy we have to do the things we really want to do not what we have to do.
    I agree, it's all part of learning to accept things as they are.

Kathy
  4. quilp

quilp New Member

I know exactly how you feel carebelle. An eighty year old man has more mobility than me; i'm 30 years old !
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I used to love to crank the tunes and dance around, doing my own karoke groove and clean my house. I don't even listen to music much anymore.

I also love to cook and make up new recipes. And I super love to throw big dinners and cook for friends. I can't do it like I used to though. It';s rare to do a big dinner. I have to plan and spread it over days and man do I pay. But I still love it when I can manage.

Jeanne