OT, the Great Move is almost done...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Dec 9, 2005.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

and so am I. My dogs and I have moved to my sister and brother in law's house, but escrow closing has been delayed because of a problem with the buyers. They still want the house, and we should close soon, but not soon enough for me!

The actual move went well, but my son still needs to go back to do a run to the dump and one to Salvation Army, and to make sure everything is out of the house. All the stuff will be delivered to my darling spouse on Monday.

I just hope and pray the house will be safe and sound until escrow closes. I worry that it is there empty.

I am exhausted and hurting, and I never want to do this again!!!! I took Tuesday off work to finish prepping for the move, and my nephew and my son were there to help. Wednesday was the big day, and I am still recovering, trying NOT to go into a flare. I am soooooo grateful for the weekend!

But I can't really relax until the house is no longer my responsibility. Soon, I hope.

Anyway, this is not an activity I recommend for anyone with fibro. Way too much stress involved. I've also completely trashed my wrists, and the ortho doc is not going to be happy with me when I see him next week. My left wrist is painful enough that I may allow him to do a cortisone shot in it, so I can get some relief. Packing and cleaning is rough work!

So, now you know!

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. CinCA

CinCA New Member

I have no idea how I'll handle all of it (I have CFS). Luckily, it's just a couple hours away (same state/general metro area), and the new job will pay for our moving (including hopefully getting help packing/unpacking). Still, we are scrambling to get our house on the market, and I am trying to not blow a gasket thinking about what that will be like.

I so hope escrow closes on your place! I can understand about the empty house thing...hubby plans to start the new job in Feb., and I already told him there is NO way I can stay here with our high-functioning autistic daughter 'til the house sells, if it takes awhile, so we are moving by then, too. But he doesn't want to take our stuff if the house is still on the market. I have serious reservations about having an empty house with our stuff (we don't have much, but still), so I can relate!

Again, I'll be praying escrow works out. This whole process can be so stressful for even the most healthy person, and for someone with fibro (as I'm guessing you have), all the physical work alone is probably the last thing you need. Hopefully you will be in a better place (physically and emotionally...literally! :) ) very soon!

Best of luck to you,
    C.