OT: The Perfect T by Hanes...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Treca, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Treca

Treca New Member

Have any of you bought these tee's and they have shrunk on you?

I just bought a few and I love them but, I don't want them to shrink. They are 95% Algodon and 5% Spandex.

I have never heard of Algodon so I have no idea if it will shrink in the wash or not.

If any of you have bought these please let me know what your experience has been with them.

Thanks!
    Treca:)
  2. namow

namow New Member

Algodon means cotton and you know what that means....it will shrink if you put it in the dryer!
  3. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

None of them are Hanes, but they have never shrank at all. In fact, I tried to shrink one once and couldn't. I guess the spandex makes a big difference.

Linda
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

w/ rampant brain fog. I believe I read about this new fabric recently. It's made from dog hair.

Really. If you study the name you can see the word "dog" in there.

Anyway, as you know, dogs don't shrink in the rain, so there should be no problem.

Hope this has been helpful.
  5. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I love cotton too! Have you ever read the word ramie in a label?

This is what I was told in a college course. The U.S. can only import so much cotton so they mix it with something else and call it ramie........BUT it is mostly cotton.

So buy it a little larger if you are planning on drying it in a dryer.

I wouldn't dry it in a dryer, I would use some fabric softener and line dry it.

Did you see OPRAH with the perfect t-shirt guy. Those T's are 60.00 each.NOT
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Man, if they can make material out of dog hair have I got a deal for you!

It's cotton. I've found with cotton sometimes it shrinks and sometimes it doesn't, with or without spandex. I just wash in cold water and dry on low to damp then hang them up.

Good luck!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  7. pamj

pamj New Member

I do the same thing as greenbean... I always put my t-shirts in the dryer on low & take them out while damp. Don't dry them on hot with towels & such, and they should be OK.

Hanes has really good quality & they certainly put their products through testing. The spandex helps it keep it's shape & doesn't shrink as easy as 100% cotton would.

take care,
    Pam
  8. Treca

Treca New Member

I put one of the tee's I bought in the dryer under the Wrinkle Control setting and it came out perfect.

It didn't shrink and it held it shape very well.

I would never pay $60 for a T shirt. They can keep it. I am quite happy with my $6.49 t-shirts.

Thanks again everyone for your replies. I knew that I would get the info I needed from you.

Such a great bunch of smarties :)

Treca
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thank you for the best laugh I've had today!

Marta
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

AC Moore have been selling colored and white tees(neat colors too) 5 for $10 around here and they wash and dry no shrinking or bleeding. They are really nice cotton and all sizes to xxxlarge.

Check them out. They sell them cheaper so people will buy the products to decorate them I think.

Love Anne C