OT: The Porch Light Is On Vol. 10

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1sweetie, Oct 5, 2006.

1. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I was awaken this morning, early as usual, but this time to the sound of rain drops on the sky light. The temperature is 62 and will be the high today as a front is pushing through bringing much needed rain but the temperature will plunge into the 50's soon.

What a good morning to be on The Porch with a nice cup of coffee! What a nice time of year it is in North Carolina.

I will see each of you in a few on another post. I need to get this one up so each of you have a place to visit.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2006]
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

It's too early, where's my coffee, yes i'm feeling a bit of a sleepy head grouch.

I need to get over to the barn too, and open the barn doors for all those barn lovers!

Beautiful Mn fall day! I have a friend dropping of her daughter in a very short while, glad it's nice so the kids can go out and play.

Had school conferences last night, my seventh graders too way too long going to room to room, I got really pooped out, and muscle really tightened up.

Oh, there's the coffee!! Thanks!
  3. morningsonshine

Well the Barn doors open, i don't want to divide, people are welcome in both places. This is just such a good idea, and there are so many horse lovers on here.

I had so many wonderful responses to my horse story, i thought i would start a open barn thread.

1sweetie, sorry about that young man, your love must have been a blessing to him, even if he wasn't able to quit the drugs in the end.

Thisledown- could really use that massage in my shoulders and neck this morning, Thank you in advance!!
  4. Thistledown

Thistledown New Member

I can get a soy one if you are lactose intolerant, or I can get you a "brew of the day". I am going to stop somewhere and caffinate on my way home from work (graveyard shift). My flare is almost over, though my joints are still feeling it. It is most certainly below freezing, and I will have to scrape my car windows in order to drive home. In another month we will be plugging in our cars (battery, oil pan, and engine block heaters). A lot of folk here have "autostarts"; they can start their car remotely from inside the building and the car can warm up while still being locked. A bonus at -50F!

I have three more hours until I can break free, so I hope to enjoy your company...

...so, what's new in my life? Well, this weekend I participated in and successfully completed my first belt promotion test at my new Tae Kwon Do school. My "old" school is closed while my instructor does his tour in Iraq. I got to do my first board-break for testing, and I broke it on the first try! My left cheek has finally healed from the right hook I last Friday in sparring class and I am psyched up to get my gloves on this evening and get busy!! Don't worry 'bout me, I've always been a glutton for punishment.

My plans for when I get off work include coffee, getting the boys ready for school (6 and 3, younger one is in pre-school), cleaning litterboxes (so not fun), straightening up the place, laundry,dishes, and then sitting back to watch X-Men 3 while the boys are at school. Then it's try to stay awake until sparring class, and then I get to sleep at about 10pm. It will be a full 31 hours without sleep when my poor head finally hits the pillow...unless I just go home and crash after the boys are out the door! I never was good at knowing my limitations...

Oh, and morningsonshine, one massage coming right up!
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Good Morning to all on the Porch already this day!
    Linda has asked me to "cut and paste" her message no. 31
    to this Vol. 10 from Vol. 9. May I please have a vo-
    -lunteer to do that for me! Sister Gregory is in Chapel
    and MRDAD (me) doesn't know how to perform that simple
    task! You must understand that I'am yet becoming acquain-
    ted with modern technology. Until 7 months ago I had one
    of those old black rotary phones like the one Boogie
    used in the movie "The Maltese Falcon". It was still on
    the set as they filmed that movie here. Had a chance to
    "lift" it one time and I did!

Anyhow, would ya could ya? (VOID) Carla done did it
    Thanks, for me and Sister!
    MRDAD Thank Ya!

6. jole

jole Member

Hey everybody!! Just walked down the path to your porch and saw "my" wildflowers are still looking pretty. Probably won't be for long since the weather is turning cold, so need to enjoy every minute of them out beside the porch.

Hope you don't mind me bringing my blankie with me - this cold really makes me hurt, but I wanted to sit and rest awhile with you before heading back home, and my blankie keeps me nice and warm. It's a double sided fleece, cream colored on one side with lots of bright flowers on the other. My niece made it for me when my mother was so sick and I was taking care of her, so it will always be special.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I did bring along the fixen's for some spiced tea, and will leave a container here for you all to enjoy, along with some fresh from the oven blueberry muffins this morning.

I'm hoping to have enough energy when I get back home to do a little (yep, I said little) painting in our family room. Any volunteers to help?????

Friends - Jole
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Sweetie: I woke to hear that there is an Hugh Chem. fire
    out of Raleigh affecting up to 16,000 People! Hope you
    are safe. They must let it burn out on it's own rather
    than complicate the danger and situation by adding water
    or foam. (??) I suppose Anne is off to see her Brother
    and hope everthing goes well and Geoff can pull through
    all of this. Plans for the weekend?

Thistledown: Glad we finally found you and got you to
    come join us on the Porch! Lived in the Sierra for al-
    most ten yrs. but can't imagine the longer winters in
    Alaska and the very short summers as a result. In the
    Sierra it was "when is it gonna be Spring"? The Summers
    at four thous. ft. were warm with cool eves. Very nice.
    Must keep very busy with the children being so young. I
    know they must be a delight! Again, welcome and we shall
    "talk" later!

Morningson shine: Thanks for starting that new Post on the
    BARNDOOR. We City kids don't know nothin' about barns
    other than the boys and girls who like to roll in the hay
    for some reason? We are gonna' learn alot I bet from ewe
    country kids. My former wife was raised on a Cattle Farm
    in Nevada! We went to visit her Dad there for a few days
    and never did find any of those eggs that the rooster
    made? Growing up in San Francisco, I thought those Thank-
    sgiving turkeys grew in those clear plastic bags in the
    refrigerator at Safeway! Yea, I know that was the "last
    straw"! Hope you're having a good day!

Gonna get sum more coffee kids,
    Ketchup wiff ya later,
    MRDAD

8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Well here I am again, I actually made it as I am rubbing the ? out of my eyes. I surely didn't want to get up today but then I really never do.I do have chores to do but I figured I would come sit on the porch swing for awhile. I hope you got the swing (-: but I heard someone mention it awhile back. I actually don't HAVE to go anyplace today or at least for awhile when DH comes home. So, I figured I would check out the porch first.

I sure hope the porch is a covered one if we are getting any rain (-: Just thought of that when 1SWEETIE mentioned the rain going on in her area. We sure need some of that wet stuff. Our lakes are so low and people with boats in the area can't even get their boats out. It is awful with things so DRY! Hope you feel a little better since that tragedy in your "adopted" son's and your life. When something like that happens it effects the whole family.

Linda-Thanks so much for the warm welcome to this great porch. I am so proud I actually made it today. The weekends are rather iffy but I HOPE to make it again sometime during the day.

Sassy2- I love your dr. joke. That was really cute and on the money.

Mr Dad - don't feel bad about the cutting and pasting thing. I think I may have somehow did it once but not sure I could do it again. You are talking here to a "technical marvel" (-: and my DH is just about as bad and he had worked with computers some (at work a long time ago).It is neither of our strong points for sure. I can type which is a good thing !!! I am getting better with the computer though so I am proud of myself. Without one I wouldn't have been meeting all you guys ON THE PORCH or to be able to work on my genealogy!!

Did someone mention a neck and shoulder massage, not sure if that was today or yesterday?? I sure could need one. I just had my last PT for the year (the insurance thing) last week. So I will suffer (some more) until next year.

Sorry , gotta run now but hope to be back soon.

Love you all,

Granniluvsu (Marilyn)

9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Beauty and brains! You are a rare delight! Sister Gre-
    gory and I thank you. As does Linda who appears to also
    share my ecclesiastic background! (For all the "good" it
    did)!

Don't know what happened to Fredericka but hope she pops
    up soon so we can make are plans for the weekend. She
    either said that she was "just crazy about me" or that I
    was "just crazy". Don't remember which one? Sent U and
    email but don't response until you are less busy wiff
    your schedule.

"Huggles",
    MRDAD
    P.S. Had a great lunch visit with my Son yesterday and
    he came back home to copy my iMac specs. to see
    if it will accom. another upgrade (??)
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I'm sure glad I don't have trouble w/ that nasty old brain fog anymore. DUH! Just posted on some other thread what I meant to post here. Haha.

Granniluvsu, what do you mean by "tap dancing geneology"? You find the family tree and then you tap it to see if you get maple syrup? Haha

Anyway, nice to meet you and Jole. Jole, where I grew up in Minnesota we didn't have much in the way of wild flowers, but there was one we could find in the early spring. It was a spectacular plant called Jack in the Box/Jack in the Pulpit.

I looked for it on the net and couldn't find a thing.

There I cut and pasted. And to think I was only on the computer for a year before I learned how. But the tricky thing is to cut and paste a picture. Sometimes it works and sometimes the bear eats you.

Thistledown, do you do crosswords? If you do, you know "epee" is a very popular word. One of the guys I play bridge w/ spent a year in Alaska. It was half a century ago. He was in a CCC camp.

You young people probably don't know what that was.

MrDad, I think you should realize that you are not fooling anyone. We've all seen the movie Psycho. We've all read about people who assume other identies. We've all noticed you and SMG are never seen together.

I leave you wiff that thought.

11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hope your spending SOME time working on new material for
    our routine! Can't bel. that there can be so many of you
    folks from Minisoda! Land of 10,000 Lakes! How much land
    (terra firma) can there possibly be for people to live on?
    Must all sleep standing up. And who was it that counted
    all those Lakes anyway. Odd that it came out so-o-o-o
    even numbered?

Glad we determined Rock, that you aren't in that scooter
    as now I will cancel the lift-gate on the new Comedy Van.
    Hope your ready 4 a good weekend. Haven't heard from
    Freddie yet so don't know what she's up to 4 sure?

Ken sent that Auditor to look at the Treasury Acct. I've
    been keeping for the BOOK CLUB. Should be here this Aft.
    What me worry??

MRDAD

P.S. Do ya know a good Criminal
    Defense Attorney?

12. ckball

ckball New Member

I need a really big group hug. Below I cut and pasted my last 2 threads I posted today. Mrdad it is very easy to do, I had no idea an man of your stature still has a dial phone, hehe.

I will be known as CK here instead of Carla to save the confusion.

Anne, I hope your son is ok now.

Prickles- glad to hear your feeling better

Sweetie- I need to see what happened, I have missed a lot this week.

Mrdad- I'm sure freddie will be along soon- did you get any new hankies?

I don't mean to leave anyone out but that is all I can remember from Vol 10.

I am trying really hard to hold it together and remain positive, but each day just more is added to my plate and it was already flowing over.

It rained last night and my phone was out this morning, I am at the antique shop today. So if I don't respond this evening it is because my phone is out. I know we country people have to upgrade from the tin can system. The last time it went out, it took 2 weeks to get my neighbors phone back. Luckily mine was just 3 days.

Anywho there is a small novel here as to what has happened in the last 2 days. After spending 2 days trying to get my printer to work I ended up having to buy a new one yesterday.

I went to pick up my abx and buy the printer and had to buy a mouse for my laptop. The stained glass program I use is on my old desktop and you can only run it on one computer.

I can not use the touchpad on my laptop draw, I can but it looks like a 2 year old did. I need a mouse for better control. That is why I left it on the old computer.

I was still unpacking my car and the dentist calls. After my mini breakdown, I pulled myself together and did all the computer stuff to set up my new printer and mouse.

The mouse package did not have a CD to install the mouse and you have to go to the website to download the software. It took 4 hours! I started around 7 pm, then lost my connection at 9 pm, had to start all over again. So I went to bed and let it finish. Maybe that's what burnt up my phone line.

In the meantime, my freind calls my cell and tells me her news that the 6 months of chemo for Hep C did not work and she is worse instead of better. Her story is below. She filed for SSDI and of course was turned down and just did the reconsideration this week.

I was hoping my first visit on the porch would be more cheerful. Ya'll seem to have so much fun up here. It's getting a little chilly, can we build a big ole bonfire and roast marshmellows? That is about all I can eat now, lol. The smores hopefully will be later.

I aplogize for making this so long, I cut and pasted it to here in case I could not come back when I got home and bump my posts.

All of you have been so kind and supportive, I do want to return the favor when needed.

Thank you all for being such gracious hosts-CK (Carla)

Jana and those following my dental woes-it gets worse

I called my new dentist on Wed and asked for more abx because my gums are not healing. After 2 weeks I still have many ulcers, yellow areas inside the holes that won't close. I have done everything I was told to do as far as after care.

My big mistake was using peroxide, but stopped several days ago when I found out how harmful it was.

Yesterday my new dentist calls me to say he is not sure he wants to take me on.
    He is concerned that he is not capable of doing the work needed on my lower gums and bones.

He is pushing me to go back to PA and have the dentist that pulled them go back and remove the excess bone.

He is being be careful in not saying they screwed me up but that is the feeling I get.

He said that had I came to see him first, he would have not pulled that many teeth at one time. He would have sent me to a oral surgeon.

I asked why the PA dentist not tell me that and he said maybe she has more expereinced than him and was more comfortable doing that many extractions.

Then the whole sedation thing came up and I told him that I was not as sedated as I was told I would be and was fully awake and remember everything.

It caused my scoliolsis to be aggravated and my upper back, neck and shoulders caused me a great deal of pain afterward. I was tight as a board during the entire procedure, I tried to mentally calm myself down, tried deep breathing thru the nose, etc. But stayed tense the entire time.

The new dentist is very sympathectic and understands I can not go back to PA and is going to call the PA office and do some leg work for me to how this is going to be resolved. I paid cash so I can not go to my credit card company for help in getting my money back.

It was the straw that broke the camels back. I have had a myriad of things go wrong this week and had to buy a new printer before I could do my glass work.

So when he called, I lost it. I was crying on the phone while talking to him and cried for over 1/2 hour after. I took my klonopin at 5 pm, never have taken it during the day, always at bedtime.

My only hope is that the PA office would refund me enough money to find a oral surgeon here to fix my problems. I have spent over $3500 to have teeth and all I have is bad bones and gums. It may be MONTHS before this is fixed.

I don't know what else to do but wait to see what the new dentist can arrange with the PA office. I found out they are a francise not a chain. Each office is it's own separate entity. No corp head overseeing all the offices. I feel like I have been screwed big time.

Thank you for all of your support during this difficult time-Carla

Second post about my freind having hepititis

I have a best friend from high school. She has been a nurse at the same hospital for 30 years.

She had been complaining to me last spring about how sick she had become. But hates Drs. 50 years old and never had a pap or mammogram.

So after a long talk I convinced her to go see my Dr. She knew her too and knows she is one of the good ones.

She dxs her with Hep C, she knows she has been stuck over the years and does not live a lifstyle to get it any other way.

She also had gallstones so they did a liver biopsy when they removed them. She already had major liver damage.

She was off work for about 6 weeks for the gallbladder surgery, went back to work for one week and fell at home and broke her leg.

She still contiued her weekly treatments which caused slow healing in her leg. She has not worked since May and now has lost her position and 30 years of senority.

She went yesterday to her hep Dr and she has not improved and is actually worse. All of her blood work is bad. They want to send her to Ohio State for more opinions.

She has a 13 year old daughter who's father died after her divorce from him. Her first husband who she has to 2 adult children with died last month in a horrible car wreck. They were still close freinds.

She is such a sweet and caring person and never likes to bother or ask anyone for anything. Her mother and my mother are in a very tight race for Worst Mother of Year awards. She has the money to help her but has not offered.

I am already a mess from my dental issues, then she called me last night to tell me her news. It all feels like it is a horrible nightmare and I can't wake up.

She said she is in stage 3 of 4 of the disease. Does anyone have any expereince with hepititis.

I feel so sad for my freind. She raised her children and spoiled them and was too good to them by not making them do chores or help her.

Now they are spoiled adults and have not been there for her, unless the oldest wants her to babysit her 9 month old grandson.

We are both ready to call a Thelma and Louise road trip- Do you all remember the movie with Susan Sarandon and Gena Davis when they drove off and over the Grand Canyon?

Thank's for reading all of this- I have no where else to turn for support but you guys. I just don't know what to do- CK- Carla
  13. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I'm back. I had lots of energy today and went to the library, the market and the gas station. Here in Los Angeles gas is down almost 80 cents from what it was last summer.

I remember when it cost 25 cents. My Dad remembered when a galleon was a nickel.

Tonight I am going to my Emotions Anonymous which is a good thing as I need some serenity. I am so irritable lately.

Carla nl, you are right. "BF" means boy friend except when it means "best friend" or "banana fritters".

Carla, I am so sorry to hear about all these problems at one time. I am very sympathetic about teeth problems as I am having some too. The dentist can't get the partial plates adjusted. The only good thing is half the time I forget to put them in anyway.

Wake, No, I'm as foggy as ever and getting worse. When I said I was better, that was a feeble attempt at humor.

Speaking of humor, here are some straight lines, MRDaD. You be the top banana and I'll be the straight man:

My wife is so fat she ________________.

And then Dolly Parton said _________________.

They would have made money if only __________________.

Get back to me when you have the funny part figured out.

And now for a quick nap. Say, here's an old sofa. Looks very comfortable too. Just a minute while I knock the legs off it.

14. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Sorry about your best friends Hep diagnosis. As you
    know, I have liver problems from our shared blood disor-
    -der. Know people with Hep that do fairly well and it is
    hoped that she will also. She may respond well to med.
    attention. Hope your current problems will be addressed
    soon to a satisfactory conclusion.

Best wishes for both you and your friend!
    MRDAD
  15. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I've put a picture in my profile and am only mentioning it here right now. As you can see, it's been a loooong day.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Hugs to all,
    Marta
  16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

OK Rocky, here goes! But I don't feel "creative" today
    as I haven't heard from Fredericka yet and all the other
    Women I know have already been out with me once!!

"My wife is so fat SHE has ME sit on HER lap(s)!!

"And then Dolly Parton said, don't know if I've got
    my shoes on or not"?

"They would have made money if only they had helped
    count the collection basket"!!

Oh, boy!
    MRDAD
    P.S. Ya know Rocky, I've actually seen David Letterman
    (on more than one occass.) use my Joke in his
    intro. standup!!
  17. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Such a lovely picture of you. Great compelling eyes!!
    Hang on (Angelina) oops, I mean Marta and let me see
    how this courtship with Fredericka works out. After
    seeing your Pic, I want to keep my "options open"!

Hope you are having a most wonderful visit with your
    Son! I'm so fortunate to have mine right across Town.
    Please have a great weekend!

MRDAD
  18. mrdad

mrdad New Member

You've already been a delightful addition to this
    group of Porch Rats! (We all started out as rug rats now
    look where we are)!! Missed you alot today up here on
    the Porch but as I always say, "someone has to work and
    it may as well be someone else". Thank Carla for the
    "cut and paste" think she is "sleepy bye" in the NL as
    they are hours and hours ahead as you well know!

Suppose Anne, Dan and Danny are headed your way! Sure
    that she appreciated your imput concerning lodging etc.
    Don't have to cut the Post off at 30 if it doesn't work
    -out. 30 to 35 is just fine as a rule. Hope you are
    feeling well and will have a great weekend with Hubby
    and Family!

"Talk" later, "K"?
    MRDAD P.S. HI MAR-ar-ar-ta

19. morningsonshine

Boy!!

My electricity went off at 4:00, and it just now came back on!!

Man, did you know how much we need that stuff! No fire, no heat, no water, no computor, no phone,

Well actually i plugged in a old phone with a cord, (remember those kind, with cords? LOL) and it worked.

I called the electric company, three times, and i was not rud, but anyways, the guy hung up on me the third time!!

Guess i was too impatient!!LOL
  20. ckball

ckball New Member

Just wanted to let ya'll know I'm ok, thanks for the group hug and the big bonfire. I love to watch a fire burn.

You can just sit and stare for hours and just get lost in it.

The marshmellows were just right, yummmy.

Where is the comedy show?

Did you know you can play Deal or No Deal on line during the show by guessing the lucky case. You get 10 chances.

Carla- thanks for the reminder to take care of me too. I do know how, I had to learn how while taking care of my mother.

She is my best freind BF, I haven't had a boy freind, well a verrrrrryy long time, I stopped counting after 10 years.

She doesn't have any other close freinds and the people she has worked with for 30 years have not been there. She raised her kids and worked and does not put herself first ever.

I have been trying to tell her how important that is. If you don't take care of you, you won't be around for them at all.

I guess the show will be later since a lot of you are on the west coast.

I am going to The Pumpkin festival tomorrow with my one healthy freinds. We didn't speak for a year but fate interceded and we are speaking again. That story is for another day.- good nite Carla