OT: The Porchlight is On VOL: 21 (now shut)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrdad, Oct 17, 2006.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hey Porchies, it's Lucky 21!!

SMG is gonna do real well at Bingo tonite!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Vol 21 !!!! When did that happen??? I stay in bed for a couple of days and you guys just keep moving along. Well, good!! Somebody's got to keep this Porch going. I'm going to try to hang out here more often. I've really missed y'all and I feel so out of touch. No way am I going to be able to catch up.

I probably should check the other volumes to see when/if you guys are painting. I've got to stay away for sure when that happens. The smell will give me a massive headache for sure. I kind of like the ol' porch like it is, nice and homey. But who asked me right? LOL That's what I get for staying away.

Well, keeping it short and sweet. Still feeling poorly. Bad flare...bad, bad flare.

Love you all,

Lolalee
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yup, we move right along, don't we?

You don't need to stay away from the porch; the work will be done by good faeries during the night when we're asleep or trying to be.

Feel better.

MrDad, you seem to have this job.

Marta
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Lola: I'm so sorry that you continue to Flair! Hope ya
    get and feel better real soon! Don't feel ya have to
    do any long Replies when you aren't feelin' up to it!
    Thanks for checkin' in and sayin' hello though!

Marta: Haven't heard the WoW-WoW all day! Must be sleep-
    ing so he(She) will feel rested enuff to stay up most
    of the night! Yea Marta, I think I'm working some time
    off my stent in Purgatory! You know, that interim place!
    SMG is gonna intercede 4 me I'm hopeing. Do you have a
    Cat pet? They are great in so many ways! Self-suf-
    ficient critters!

Bye Girls,
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/17/2006]
  5. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Hi everyone

Doing ok today. It is cold & rainy so I have been dealing with a constant headache and sore muscles. Yuck.

I go back to my dr. on Friday for my 3 week check up since my diagnosis. I am seeing a LITTLE improvement since starting the Amitriptylene. I am hoping that she will let me up my dosage.

Got a halloween costume for our Pug today, a bumblebee. It is cuteness overload! haha

Some kids (I assume) the past 2 nights have stolen a pumpkin from our porch and 2 tombstones in our garden. the fact that they have the nerve to come back two nights in a row just really upsets me. I work so hard to decorate for Halloween (it is my favourite) and people have to go and ruin it for us. :(

I hope everyone has a lovely night and pain levels are low

(((hugs)))

Bekah
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi everyone, seems to be a quite night here. I finally finished my first glass project this year. Look at my profile for my new peice.

I had many difficulties to over come with this peice. I was not able to hold the soldering iron in the right position and hold the solder in the left.

I laid a bad bead of solder then had to go back and use both hands to draw the bead right and still lost control at times with a little jerking, had to keep going back to correct and build.

Greenbean had a post awhile back about how things have changed for her in the last year. I use to have tremors a couple years ago but they went away when I had started taking klonopin and topral for my blood pressure.

I have always had upper-mid back issues since a teenager, but did not get the scolosis dx until a few months ago. It seems when the tremors are happening when I need to control my hands such as drawing, some times even holding a soda bottle after weed eating when the muscle is tired.

Oh well, just another gift. It did teach me peserverance. It may have taken me twice as long to finsh the panel, I chose a easy peice to start with until I got back in the groove. I didn't give up and there were times I got frustrated but then let it go and went back to work.

I just found out the local hospice center is having a art show fundraiser. You place your art out for sale, if it sales the artist can donate 10-30% to the hospice house.

I think I will do this. I have several paintings here, I only sell my glass at the gallery.

The hospice house is a great place my best friends mother was there for about 1 week before she died. So I think it is a good cause and maybe sell my art.

lolalee- sorry you've been feeling bad -marta is right the paint faeries take care of everything. All we have to do is enjoy- I hope you get better soon

Lincamp- my dear you have had you hands full. Bronchitis is the one thing I almost always end up in the hospital., at least once a year. I am so sorry, then the power thing along with it.

I saw the rain your way and thought about the flooding with all that snow melting, not a good combo. That is nice of your neigbor to help with the pump.

Mrdad- I hope you have recovered from the visit to the vamp. I get to go next month to see if I have remained stable.

I just refreshed it seems wake feel off the porch, any one got a rope, where are the rope faerires when you need one

Hi Bekah glad to see you back

I'm going back to see about wake. I hope you like the flower I brought to the porch to share-Carla

BTW- Update on my teeth in case you didn't see vol 20.

My new Dr is going to make a new set of teeth Wed next week, yippe. He was very happy that my gums had healed so well since my last visit, abx and losts of salt walter swishing. See ya later-CK Carla[This Message was Edited on 10/17/2006]
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Carla-ck: Ya seem to be doing better today am I'm happy
    for that fact! Glad also that your mouth is healing well
    as it has to be so difficult to go thru what you have.
    Happy that your back to the Artwork! Like the New
    Piece!!

Linda: Use your time to Restup. Should mail ya some
    of my extra 2-Fer coupons! Freddie and I have more
    than we can use. Don't want her to eat so much that
    she looses that modeling figure of hers! Take care
    of the Bronc. and feel better soon!

Wake: I left a mess. on the Last Post wondering where
    you were! Hope you are ok! Let us know what we can do.

Lux: Is the Amitriptylene working well for you? I had
    to stop taking it as a reuptake inhibitor as all I want-
    ed to do was sleep allday. Can't believe Kids in Canadia
    would be doing things as they have! Good to see ya on
    the Porch! Have ya spoken with any of the other younger
    members like Prickles, Dani or Shannon to name a few?

Got ta Sleep now so nite nite to all!
    MRDAD
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

Wake, you're falling off the porch?

Grab onto me; I'll pull you up, ok?

Hang on, the cold fronts can be so bad for us, don't you think? My body just can't adjust to 30 degree temp changes!

Did you see I put house up for sale? We can't handle it anymore...yards, pools, etc. I want a townhome or condo, don't know which.

Will go see your other posts; I'm so sleepy right now tho', I am not very uplifting I'm sure, but we love you and care about yu so much, so come talk when you can, ok? I'll bring sone dark chocolate fudge!

Hugs,
    findmind
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

As my grandson used to say, it's "dart" here this morning with light just appearing on the tips of the colored leaves.
    For some reason I feel like leftover oatmeal this morning, all thick and cold. Must be our weather is about to do something weird again.

MrDad, I had two sweet old cats and had to have them each euthanized within the last year. That was as tough as losing some people which is why I've been reluctant to take on a new pet. Glad to hear that the pup sleeps sometimes. Maybe you can coordinate?

Linda, so glad you got to the doctor but sorry about the bronchitis. One time when my kids were very young, we cottage-sat for some friends. We'd no more than arrived and unpacked when the power went out. We decided to stick it out and ended up actually loving our time of ingenuity so much that when the power came back on we didn't tell the kids for hours. We weren't sick, though.

Wake, you fell off the wagon....er, the porch?? Here's a hand up. Brush yourself off and have a cup of this hot coffee with a donut. Want one with sprinkles?

Bekah, Greetings! The thought of a pug as a pumpkin makes me smile. Hopefully the rain will end before he has to perform. Or is it a she? I am greatly interested in dogs these days.

Carla-ck: Great work once again! Makes me think of Easter. What talent you have! I admire you for perservering.

Findmind: I moved into a condo a year ago and like it. I've been a property manager for apartments and condos as part of my old life and if you've never lived in a condo before, make sure you're happy with the Rules and Regs/Master Deed and By Laws. So many people fail to read them or believe they don't apply, then they're unhappy when they can't treat their condo like a house. Good luck with your search and sale.

I must go grocery shopping today. The cupboard is bare so I'd better get moving. Uhhhhhn... OH, and I was thinking about the Porch - and the Lodge. Since it's magical, each of us can have it any way we want it. Cool, huh? Mine is still the log lodge at the edge of the woods by the lake but a yellow lodge with gingerbread is good too! I just can't get out of those Andirondack chairs very well so I'll keep my wicker rocker.

Stay dry, warm and in the moment.

Hugs all around,
    Marta

[This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

Wow what a difference what a day makes. I feel like a differernt human.

Yesterday I slid out of bed closer to 11:30. Today out by 9 and feel better.

I am excited about taking my new peice to the gallery today. Then I have to go see mom again. Her remote is not working, sometimes she hits the wrong button, it's a universal remote.

Are there any Today Show watchers. I usually only catch the 9-10 hour. When does Meridith Vera make a apprearance? I have yet to see her.

Mrdad and Marta thank you for your praise.

Did anyone find Wake yet?

Lin-I hope your power stays on and you get better soon.

Marta- I was a commercial property manager in Richmond, VA for 5 years before moving back here

Find-thanks for coming to see us. I am sorry you have decided to sell your home but understand. Sometimes what I have is too much for me, and I don't have a lot but still have to keep it all up.

I think a townhome or condo would be a huge change and Marta is right about the rules and regs. My daughter lives in a end townhouse and has a nice corner lot. But all dogs must be on leashes. No dog houses, ect. I think I remember you have several furbies, just something to consider.

Well I have to get ready for public viewin. lol- Teeth, hair, ect.

Rock- have you baked those cookies yet?

See ya later-Ck Carla
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Just a ote to say hi to all ! I just took a 1/2 Darvocet (gen) at request of my rheumy since I was so stiff yesterday when I went to visit her. I guess I am functioning , sort of , so far !!! I May have to go and take a nap later !! I have been afraid of taking a whole one since I am usually trying to go someplace.

Mr. Dad you are doing such a good job of opening up the porch you may get it permanently !(-:

Lin- sorry about the bronchitis I usually get that stuff too. Just got my flu shot yesterday. It does seem to help some but sometimes I still get it. Last year I think it was or year before within three days or so I slmost had pneumonia. The doc couldn't tell cause I didn't have an xray but could hav been very bad bronchitis. As a child I have had that problem too.

Hey has anyone helped to pull Wake up from where she fell off the porch ! Hope she is OK and didn't have to spend to much time down there. !!!

Lola - sorry you are feeling badly. Hope you feel better real SOON !!

Hi Marta - I like your idea of a gingerbread type house/lodge - mm !

Carla - CK - Sorry also that you are not feeling well either. Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

I will have a quiet birthday today. DH and I will just go out for lunch this afternoon since he will be tonight to a meeting. So, I probably be able to check back tonight.

Stay warm and dry !!!We had alot of much needed rain on monday with some areas having lots of flooding and it has gone southeast but thankfully it was good yesterday when I had to drive to the rheumys.

Blessings and warm hugs to you all,

Granni (Marilyn)

12. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's so nice to wake up in the'morn and the first thing
    have instant coffee and friends! Sorry that the weather
    is so intrepid where so many of ya live. WARNING: "Do not
    visit the Weather Channel and witness the weather in San
    Francisco today"! Gonna 1/2 ta windex those binoculars
    and head to the park this A.M. Losts of two piece #'s up
    there on a warm day!

Speaking of that, haven't heard from Fredericka for a few
    days. Hope she, Anne and Wake will get wiff us soon. Have
    another Grandnephew due very, very soon. Too late to be
    the celebrity 300,000,000 person as that one was in front
    of me yesterday in every line I was waiting in!!

The Porch looks great! Some good neighbor must sweep and
    dust every mornin'. Love those homemade do nuts. Good
    I don't have to worry about my weight as I still have
    that Playboy figure at my age.

Well gotta' get back to the real world. StocK Market
    finally broke the Magic Ceiling. Anxious to see how "MY
    Stocks" are doing in my former wife's portfolio!!

Best day to all!!
    MRDAD
  13. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Hello gang :)

Happy to report our halloween decorations were left unharmed last night. I took in the ones I could and luckily nobody decided to steal any more pumpkins :)

I am doing ok on the Amitriptylene (sorry, I forget who asked me how I was *blush*) Not a huge improvement but a tad. I have only been taking it a little short of 3 weeks, 20mg. My doctor said it could take awhile beofore I see results and I may need a higher dose. We started out low to see how I would react to it. So far I am fine, no side effects at all :) It does help me sleep at night but it doesn't make me tired during the day. Probably because I take it at bedtime.

I am going back to my dr. on Friday morning for my 3 week check up since my diagnosis.

Bekah
  14. Granniluvsu

Hey all your porchers,

Does anyone here feel up to a party. It does not have to be a big one !!! DH will be gone tonight and it is my birthday so just thought that perhaps some of you might want to bring some snacks. We could also have some entertainment - singing and dancing !!etc.

Just let me know, we could just have some Halloween decorations too if they are already up and not have to fuss so much.

Just need some company tonight !

TTYL !

Gotta run for now.

Lots big hugs,

Marilyn (granni)
  15. Granniluvsu

Linda,

Thanks so much for getting this party started esp after all your problems. Sorry you have no voice or electricity !!!! Birthday pie sounds great.

Roc gor's cookies would be great too if he has any left.

Also, thanks for having your girls do the decorating. Sounds fanctastic.

I also love the idea of having the "feel good fairies" comng to wave their feel good wands over all those who do not feel well. That does include me although I am sure I am not half as bad as many.

Mrdad's wine would be fantastic if there is any left.

Thanks again for starting this up and hope Wake, Ckball, Carlas, Prickles, Sassy, Anne and everyone else can come too. (Right now I cannot remember EVERYONE'S names. You are all wonderful !!!

Wake, if you can come we will find out an especially soft place for you.

If I have the energy I will put o my tap shoes. Mrdad and Sassy can help with the singing to if they can come.

Be back later to check on the party !

Love,

Marilyn (that granni)

16. ckball

ckball New Member

Happy Birthday! I'm all for a party, mine was a blast with table dancin, swingin from the deer antler chanderlier in the lodge, and I heard that there may have been a skinny dip or just lost skivvies??

I'll bring my art for my end of the decorating. I'll also briing "Kitty Cake". I'll post the recipe and directions below here. I got this in a email. There is a picture that goes with it but I really don't want to post it right now.

I want you all to figure out what the cake would like it. Let's just say it is a theme cake, would be great for a holloween birthday party.

I'll be back in a little while . I have been gone all day, gonna walk the girls and take care of a few things like tidy up while I'm on a second wind. CkCarla
  17. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Yippppeee!!! Happy Birthday Gran!!
    Who's jumping out of the cake???

I'm Ready!!! Let's rock and roll!!!! I still remember how to get down and party... just can't remember how to get back up!!

Hugs!
  18. ckball

ckball New Member

I got this in a email today. All I did was copy and paste
    I will post a picture later- don't want to ruin the surprise-CkCarla

For all you cat lovers or haters out there - enjoy!!! THIS IS NO JOKE!!!!

Read the ingredients and stuff first and then look at the photo.

TRUST ME...

DON'T LOOK AT THE PHOTO FIRST, BUT LAST ...
    This is for all you cooks out there looking for something a little different.........

WANT TO HAVE FUN A A PARTY? PREPARE THIS RECIPE! COMPLETELY EDIBLE, BUT YOUR FRIENDS MAY NOT THINK SO!

On a recent visit to our veterinarian to get shots for our cat I found this recipe on the waiting room bulletin board. After recovering from hysterical laughter, I obtained a copy from the office staff so that my wife could make it, which she refused to do. I took it to work and gave the recipe to a lady at work who loves cats. The pictures below show the results of her work. It doesn't look very nice, but it's actually quite tasty, so I decided to pass it along.

CAKE INGREDIENTS:
    1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix
    1 box of white cake mix
    1 package white sandwich cookies
    1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
    A few drops green food coloring
    12 small Tootsie Rolls or equivalent

SERVING "DISHES AND UTENSILS"
    1 NEW cat-litter box
    1 NEW cat-litter box liner
    1 NEW pooper scooper

1) Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan. Prepare pudding and chill. Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor. Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs. Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.

2) When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour in mixture.

3) Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable. Shape the blunt ends into slightly curved points. Repeat with three more rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly over top.

4) Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box. Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper. Enjoy!

ANY OF YOU WHO HAVE A HALLOWEEN PARTY TO GO TO, THINK ABOUT THIS CAKE. I KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY MADE IT AND TOOK IT TO WORK. (THEY HAD A GREAT TIME!!)

19. dononagin

dononagin New Member

ck.. I don't think anybody's gonna jump out of that cake!!lol!
  20. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday toooo you.
    Happy biiiiiirrrrrrrthday dear Marilynnnnnnnn
    Hap py birth day toooooo you.

And many moooooore....

Marta