OT: The Porchlight is On Vol. 22 (Closed)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrdad, Oct 18, 2006.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yes, can you believe it? Another Vol. is now in order.

Marilyn's B'Day greetings have deservingly overwhelmed

the Porch Post today! And we are HAPPY 4 IT !

You may go back to the Birthday Party for another cup

O'Punch and a second piece of cake. Continue to have

fun and stay up late, maybe even until 8p.m. or so.

Happy B'Day Granni,
    SMG
    [This Message was Edited on 10/19/2006]
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I noticed that I had gone over my number on my posts so I tried to open or turn on the new porch light for Vol 22 and I think Mrdad and I must have did it at about the same time OR I did something wrong.

Anyway, sorry !! Please read my last post after the Vol 21. Not sure if it was on the tail end of 21 or not. I wrote one post and then another trying to turn the lights back on. Hope I didn't screw everything up to much.

Again, thanks to all for the wonderful party and I hope that you all read my last post that I think was at the end of the other volume. I will try and check you all out in a little while and see if anyone is still here or not.

Hope to see you all soon !.

Love to all,

That granni (Marilyn)

3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Apres' closing the former Post for SMG I went back an

impervertedly wrote another reply # 32! How could I be

so "brane frogged"? SMG will not be happy with me in

the A.M. as she discovers this error! May get replaced

by one of those "trained monkeys". (No scientist is gon-

na make a MONKEY out of MRDAD!)

Anyone got a bananna?
    MRDAD
  4. spacee

spacee Member

I think that Eldad and MeDad are on their way to see you....
    watch out.

Spacee
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I haven't a clue as to who the ELDad or the MeDad are?

Enlighten me at some point, "pour for vore"?

I'm sure it's real cute, like me!

MRDAD
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

I didn't think I was gone that long, I did see the posts on 21 after it was closed, Mrdad do I need to get my ruler out :)

I'm glad Mariyln enjoyed our festivities- there is enough Kitty Cake left if anyone wants seconds.

My gallery owner was very pleased with my new creation and hung it in the front window. Now all I can do is hope someone buys it.

Well, I think that second wind has left me, but I did finally get the floors vacumed and the cob webs down.

I am calling it a night myself. I need to figure out what my next project will be.

Thanks for the grand time-Ck Carla
  7. Granniluvsu

The hot tubs sounds good to me and I have been fooling with these posts for so long I haven't gotten anything done in prep for my trip.

I will take a dip in the hot tub though (with my suit on thank you)!!

After a quick dip I had better get out here and start doing something around here. Haven't started packing or anything yet. Where is mrdad's fancy wine?

Mrdad you have to tell me - which is the magic number - before the light goes off on each volume?. Is it 30 (the last one) ??? Do you close it when it reaches 29 or 30. Don't feel to bad about your boo boo. I really thought it was me !!

I can't think of any particular song but as someone mentioned the other day at someone else's party - Yellow Rose of Texas?? Does anyone know the words. That is the only one I can think of now. Anyhow keep on with the party. I have wasted to much time trying to figure out these posings. So I had better scat for now. Enjoy that kitty cake. That is a hoot !!

Gotta run for now. MAY be back later . If not, keep on with the party and I love you all for making my day(and night).

Love,

Marilyn (that granni)
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

People are posting on three different porches simultaneously. It could only happen in virtual space.

Haven't had much energy so far today. Took some CDs back to the library and wrote a limerick. That's about all I've done today.

Somebody (Marta?) pointed out we can have the porch however we like it. I favor rustic, but if others like the "House Beautiful" look, that's ok too.

But w/ my bad back I can't move furniture. And w/ my allergies I can't paint. I could supervise tho; at least until I get tired.

Wake, what do you mean "read between the lines"? Why did you fall off the porch? Have you been sniffing the cooking sherry again?

Maedase, re: ketchup, Gordon says the Chinese refer to it as "American sauce". Marta, put some cocoa in w/ that oatmeal/walnut concoction. You'll have healthful fudge.

Sweetie: "The clap is for Rocky." Gee, thanks a lot.

Jodie: What do you think Freud would say about a man who keep fiddling w/ his wedding ring and losing it?

I had some other notes, but I can't read them. Funny how often that happens.

MMMMMMWha!!! Big Diana Shore Kiss! for everydobby.

9. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Just stopped by the Porch to say Hello. Quite hectic here since FIL had a head on collision yesterday morning. Injuries were not serious to either party only painful. The after effects are not good though. He has had several wrecks in the last few months and he just can't stay by him self any longer. My wonderful SIL's (not my "special" SIL) will not give us or him their phone numbers. Really special kind of people they are. Took his money and didn't even leave a phone #.

My DH has not got to work all week and is trying to find him a home. Life is tough sometimes. I wish we could do more but we have maxed out our time and money already. If it is to be it is going to be up to us. What a mess.

After my doctor's appointment today, I just collapsed. All of us pushing to much. Sometimes pacing is difficult when life happens.

I did want to check the Porch and make sure everyone else is OK. Thanks for the vent.

Marilyn....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

WAKE...Hang On. We will all get through all of this. Let us know how we can help.

Linda...glad you are surviving and hope you feel better.

Miss talking to all of you Marta...mrdad...rocky...findmind...foggyfroggy....fight....Anne and Lolalee who must still be feeling bad too. Sorry if I forgot anyone but GOOD NIGHT and hope for a better tomorrow.
  10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

See, Linda downloaded the Lyrics to the "Yellow Rose of
    Texas" for us! Thanks Linda. I'm remember when the
    song blaired away on the Jute Box in the Restaurant as
    Rock Hudson and James Dean fought the others in great
    Scene from "GIANT"! Good flick! Don't see it much on
    the T.V. oldies for some reason!

It's almost impossible to know when someone else is
    Posting as the new Post is being constructed. It can
    unwhittingly cause a cross overproblem but it's hap-
    pened lots of times before. You may want to go back
    and "delete" the 2nd Vol. 22 to avoid "confusion" as
    only you can do that. No biggy though.

How was you B'Day Dinner? Did they sing HB at the Rest.
    or did you get by that? Every restaurant in my neighbor-
    hood is on to me about the deceptive B'Day ploy I use
    to get the attention and free dessert! Oh, well. There
    are other neighborhoods in Town!

Gotta go, Happy B'Day again!
    MRDAD

11. Granniluvsu

Thanks Lin,

The words were correct(-: . That is one of the songs we sometimes sing at area nursing homes, assisted living residences, and other places.

It looks like the party is over, more of less so I guess I will get ready for beddy bye. Just wanted to say Thanks to all and to Lin for singing me the song (more or less).

Now I have so much to do tomorrow to get ready for the weekend I am not sure I will get on to the porch tomorrow. If so it probably won't be for long. Thanks again to All.

Thanks for all who came to the party and helped get ready for it and to those who couldn't come because they ween't feeling well enough. Hope you will all feel better soon.

Hugs and blessings,

Marilyn (that granni)
  12. Granniluvsu

Mrdad and anyone who can help !!!

I found the other Vol 22 that I posted when I tried to turn on the porch light. Well, I clicked on delete and it would NOT go (twice.).

I may try again tomorrow !! Don't know why it woill not disappear. I did that before on another post and it did go.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Iw ill be so busy tomorrow I hope I get to it and that it doesn't cause to much confusion out there.

Hi to Sweetie and anyone else that came in after I almost left. You are all great !!

Hugs,

Marilyn (tha granni)
  13. Granniluvsu

Mrdad and other,

I think I did it. I tried to delete the extra post for ( Vol. 22 and I think it is now gone. I hope so !

Thanks again to you all for the great party.

Love,

Marilyn (that granni)
  14. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

See what I mean....Vol 22!!!! When did that happen? Not only did I miss another chapter (hey, "chapter" would be cool, instead of Volume, wouldn't it...well I think so..just my 2cents)....I missed a birthday bash, too.

Granniluvsu.....Happy Happy Birthday...I would sing you my special song in Spanish, but we're supposed to stick to English..for obvious reasons. Anyway, I'll sing it to you and you just pretend you can hear me. I hope you had a wonderful celebration with your hubby. I can't say I'm sorry I missed the kitty cake...sounded a little yucky. Don't forget I'm really prissy. Birthday pie would have hit the spot though.

I had a list of things I wanted to do today (a girl can dream can't she) and I got a phone call first thing from the lab people who took my blood last week. They asked me to come back so they could take more blood...some kind of mix up..that's a total of 8 tubes. I don't know but the last time I was there I caught a glimpse of a man with really black hair wearing a black cape sneaking around the back door...wonder if that's why they needed more blood...bwwaaa haa haaa (evil laughter). Oh, kids, it's late and Lola's getting silly. Anyway, there went my day...Russ had to get off early from work to take me to the lab....so there went his day, too.

Have y'all seen the thread I started for photos of Autumn color? Take a look...there are some beautiful pics.

Mrdad...don't you worry. No monkey's gonna get your job...no way no how. Sister MG won't stand for that monkey business and neither will we!! Booboos are allowed. If they weren't, we wouldn't be here.

Rock..I just love your limericks..you are too talented, my friend.

dononagin..What a lovely pic of you and hubby!! You look perfect for each other and your hubby is a cutie. He looks like such a kind person.

Love to all of you. It's time for me to go night-night.

Your pal, Lolalee
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  15. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Morning "Granni",
    Ya know, it wouldn't have been a big deal if we had two
    Vol. 22's! Thanks for picking up the sword when no one
    else was around! 30>35 is a good number, I fouled ya up
    by changing the Post on 29. The Boo Boo was my error!
    Can't wait for the "Advent Time" before XMAS when hope-
    fully SMG will be so busy with the Sistine Choir that she
    won't be hangin' around the Porch much; if ya know what
    I'm sayin'. Holly smoely!!

Hello Fredericka wherever you are!
    Nite Kids!
    MRDAD
  16. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it is black inside and out. i niavely bought auto gap and extended warranties of other kinds...they told me it was included inthe price of the offer they made...which i could live with..

then i got scammed i believe..i am too tired to write about it now.
    but have been doing research on it. and i can demand to cancel it. that like an extra 5k or more on my finance charges..

well i will take care of that tomarrow..

hugs

hodie
  17. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I hope you enjoy your new car and get everything straightened out.

Is there still no speed limit on that autobahn?
  18. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Jodie: I think your are aware that you do have a certain
    amt. of time to "backout" on the deal. Check into local
    Consumer Group perhaps in Santa Rosa (?) asn get some
    advise as to your rights. Have a good day!

Rocky: I have no idea what the possible relationship
    could be between Birds and Germany freeways? Maybe
    Prickles can now tell us.

All must be tired out from Marilyn's (Cookie's) big
    Birthday bash!! Ya think it was the Punch?

Sweetie: So sorry you are having such an awful time with
    the outside issues! Sounds like gotta take the car key
    away from (FIL). Had to deal with my "Old Squeeze's"
    83 y.o. Father as he became a danger to himself and
    others. Had dementia and oft times I had to cruise
    Town in my pickup truck and find him! What I did was
    to find a GM car key that was identical to his Caddy
    a switched it on his keyring! (Of course engine won't
    start) Had to be done! Thankfullly I have a another
    couple of years before my Son has to take my keys! Wew!
    Hang in there Kiddo. Oh, just remem., I don't have a car!

Good Day for all,
    MRDAD

[This Message was Edited on 10/19/2006]
  19. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Arriving on the Porch late for me today since I had a doctor's appointment for a physical. Except for no vitamin D, high cholestorol and overwheming fatigue I'm in great shape!

Rocky, you don't have to paint or do one thing, especially on the rustic porch, which is why I like it there. And cocoa in oatmeal is actually a great idea. I've considered cocoa in everything ever since Sweetie - or was it Lola? - told us about the chicken chili with cocoa. Mmmmmmm.

Sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL and all the aggrevation with the relatives. Poor man has enough grief having to give up his home without those thoughtless people adding to it. Getting old is not for sissies.

Lola, I've had blood mixups too. Last time they took vials of blood, then the lab proceded to lose it and I had to go do it again. What's more, today the PA said that she doubted the accuracy of that D level since it's so very low now. Just fills you with confidence, doesn't it?

Jodie, what a great car! If it were me, I'd blow by all that extended warranty stuff since that's made for their profit. You must do what makes you comfortable, of course, and meanwhile enjoy the new wheels.

Someone, Granni??, did a good job of cleaning up after the party last night. I see only one yellow streamer up there in the very peak of the porch roof. We'll have the painters get it. I'm so glad it was a good party.

Time for lunch and a nap!

Hugs to everyone on whatever porch they sit,
    Marta

20. Granniluvsu

Hi all you great porchers ,

Just needed to check in after my busy night last night and the great party.

Sorry missed the last streamer when I was cleaning up last night.

Lola - you are right about the mistakes. So, what else is new ???

BTW, Mrdad - are you the OFFICIAL porch light turner oner (how about that for a word)or combo of them?? That is besides SMG thatis !! Who started this neat thing with the porch anyway??

Just wanted to check back and tell you all thanks again for the wonderful party. Not sure when I will get a chance to get back. I might tomorrow if i am all packed and ready to go (which at this point looks iffy). Here I sit typing to you all(-: !! I will be back probably sunday afternoon sometime probably.

Has anyone heard from Wake I hope she is doing OK?

Love and warm hugs to you all,

That Granni (Marilyn)