OT The Porchlight Vol 30 is now CLOSED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Oct 28, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I will be the host since it seems MRdad had a late night last night.

I hope everyone has a great sat- I built a fire in the lodge and left some huge Cinnamon rolls drowned in creamy cream cheese icing- Enjoy-Ck Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/29/2006]
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Boy, here in Upstate the gas is still 2.59.9 cheapest. It always seems high here and we have to pump our own gas. I liked NJ in that the gas got pumped for us.

Today is the day for putting the plastic on the windows with the hairdryer and also installing new mini blinds(11 of them sigh).

Also we are enclosing the porch is plastic wrap too, so maybe we should be doing our porch here as well.

Carla: Question: I have had several dxs on mu hands. Not one doctor actually did much re examining them properly, quick glance is all.

Symptoms: painful wrists unable to do stuff like fasten anything behind back. Sometimes sharp pains lifting a cup. Aces when using phone. Shooting pains up the thump and first two fingers. On right hand, middle finger gets stuck and clicks painfully. Knuckles esp on right are painful. Does this sound like carpal tunnel or what???

This question is for anyone with info. as if anyone saw my mad doctor comment on 28 or 27 then you can see I need porch support here.

Love Anne
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

SMG has us about ALL trained! Ya done good makin' that
    transition to the New Post. Looked at your Pic on your
    Bio. and ya look MARVELOUS! I'm sure after all you have
    been and still are, to an extent going through, it will
    all be worth it.

Sorry you have a problem with sleep. I don't but the sleep
    doesn't seem to help with the fatigue, although it may be
    worse if I wasn't getting it!

Would love to commission you to do a Stain Glass 4 me of
    an SF scene that is quite prominent yet is seldom an ob-
    ject of artists. Just thinkin' out loud if ya know what
    I'm sayin'. Don't want to run affoul of "commercial"
    rules here! Just love your work!!

"Talk" wiff ya "later",
    JOEJOE a.k.a. MRDAD
  4. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I resisted at first, thinking it was another "cat" pic. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, my grandma always said.

I looked at your web-site, I love your work. Inspires me to pull out my sewing machine. That's my creative outlet. I need to make stuff for Christmas, cause it's gonna be a "home-made" Christmas around her for sure.

I always have time or money, but not both at the same time.

Mr. Dad, could that be your real name???????

And the other Carla - I thought, it was Wild Turkey here.Glad I'm not the only one seeing things.

Linda, hope you're ok, how's the weather.

To all others - a good day and I hope you find joy today.

Mutt & Jeff are home on week-ends (son & DH) and they consume much of my time, but I'll try to stop in later.

hugs & kisses Charlotte
  5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

pssstt....is she gone? SMG made me a little nervous as you could probably tell from my last post. It's just my awful childhood nun experiences....those wounds are deep, man!!

Anne, get back here and delete a couple of your triplicate posts...it's hard enough for me to read a post once, but 3 x???...haha!! I've done the same thing, so I hope you know I'm just giving you a hard time here...all in jest. Also, want Carla to know is wasn't the JW, 'cause I didn't have any of that. Anne, were you giving talking about typical English dishes the other day? I though you it was you. What is "Spotted Dick"? I've seen that at a specialty store in a can.

CarlaCK...you are the hostess with the mostest...thanks for those cinnamon rolls which I ordinarily wouldn't be able to eat ....but everyone knows that the Porch is like Heaven...it's all good!! Aaah...I will sit in this rocker by the fire and enjoy this huge, messily delicious cinnamon roll with a cuppa French Roast.....oooohhh, yum!! Come and join me kids.

Have a happy day my friends.

Lola
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Anne: Ya know I really cherish a 2-Fer, but a 3-Fer??
    It's ok tho Anne. You are most likely out hang-
    in plastic on the Windows and getting ready for the
    REAL Winter! I think we change the clocks back tonite
    but don't quote me on that. Change smoke alarm battery
    too they suggest. I don't know how they can say we get
    an extra hour of sleep tonight when we half ta stay up
    'til 2 A.M. to set 'em back!!?? "THEY" really think
    we are DUMB!!

Lola: Why did I not see that new Pic of you and Hubby??
    Great Anniversary Pic and the thing I like best about
    your Hubby is that I think I have about 4 more hairs
    on the top of my head than HE does! I like 'em already!
    Have ya spoken wiff the Grandkids as of late? If I don't
    see my friends two 'Lil 1s for 3 or 4 weeks I start to
    get a bit anxious!

Charlotte: That is such a pretty name and indicates a
    strong character to me! Had a lovely Charlotte work 4
    me as a waitress and is now an R.N. in the same small
    Town in the Sierra! Ya, I fulfilled "CK"s request for
    a name to go wiff MRDAD. "Ask and you shall receive"
    Ain't that right SMG?? Wood have given it a long time
    ago, but no one asked? It was a reward to CK for showin'
    me her beautiful new smile! (Big reward hah)?

Ya know, you Girls wiff your talk of "Johnny Walker"
    "Absolute" Vodka and "Jack Daniels" and Tacquia etc.
    makes me think I may have just happened upon the right
    Party afterall. Marta

even knows to keep that Absolute
    in the Freezer! Some real conneisuers (sp.) here!!
    We are all gonna end up on the Info-mercial wiff those
    wild mornin' after People down in that kitchen making
    Ginn Fizzes with the "MAGIC BULLET"!!

Need another Coffee ala Christian Bros Brandy!
    "Later" Kids, "K"?

MRDAD
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

About the triple post-actually I had had a message saying the post was unabale to go through so I did not think it had gone through at all, then to come on and see three!!!
    Back to one.

Well questions: spotted dick is a steamed cake type o desert(which we call pudding but that is just Brit for desert)that is made using suet. It has raisins or currents in it and is roll shaped as in swiss roll shaped. It is nice eaten with hot Bird's custard sauce.

Not done the plastic yet as we had to go to my MIL's as her sister died in the night. Then FIL gave Dan and Danny tickets for the Princeton Cornell game and Dan drove off with the plastic in the van!!! Princeton are 18th and Cornell not placed but were up last time I looked. We are all Cornell Alumna here-the whole darn family, with a couple of profs thrown in for good luck!

We have 50mph winds forcast for tomorrow. Denver got 2ft snow the other day. Brother seems to be holding his own but now has fluid back on lung which may be usual now he is breathing more alone.

I am going to sit by the gas fire and watch tv. Have spinach quiche and baby roasties in the oven I just prepared, so all is well for now.

carla I thought it was you or???just had the carpal tunnel surgery. Who was it?

Love Anne ckball love your pic what a lovely face you have so full of love.
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hey Anne: I think that was Jodie that talked about the
    "Corporal" Tunnel surgery. Think shes at Cody's foot
    ball game at this time in her Cheerleader's uniform, Pom
    Poms and all!! Was over her way last nite to see my 'Lil
    Buds in Mill Valley. Sounds as if she's a good cook!
    I'm just holding back and being patient until Cody grad-
    uates! Maybe I'll get to sit as his place at the table!
    "Pass the salad please".

Huggles to you and "the" Danny!
    MRDAD, a.k.a. "JoeJoe"
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Just stopping by briefly to eat.....er, uh, see everyone. I briefly took an earlier peek at Volume 29 but was scared off by SMG. Big Sister is watching us! Gulp.

I do not know if we've had any sports comments yet so I'll just say what a disappointment were those Tigers. I cannot understand why such a sweet and good but very nervous rookie was put in as pitcher when we so needed to win that one. I made it to my promised 9:30 before going to bed. No Absolut last night but I see that someone was in the JW! Did I start something??

Anne, I don't know if you have carpal tunnel but it sure does sound like arthritis. Can you take buffered aspirin? I know that doesn't sound mighty but it sure helps me even two once a day. Hopefully the real carpal tunnel person will speak up for you.

Charlotte (what a lovely name that is): I'm sorry to be the one to tell you but you simply cannot work with stained glass on your sewing machine. Talk to Carla ck about another method before you hurt yourself. She's the one with the great smile and CINNAMON ROLLS! :>)

Lola: good to see you here today. It sounds as if you're feeling a tad better, I hope.

Sassy: my goodness, you are one busy lady. How do you do it?

JoeJoe: Or can we just type Joe? Good to see you're coming forth with a name. MrDad is cute but not very personal, ya know? And, as my grandson used to say, we're all sriends here. And thank you for reminding us about the clocks. It is tonight and I would have forgotten for sure. Still think it's silly......

I supppose I should go back and read Vol. 29 but SMG might still be there and I'm avoiding her!

Hugs all around the Lodge (it's too windy and cold to sit on the porch). Thanks for keeping the fire going in the f.p. Glad we chopped those six cords of wood. Hey, maybe that's what's wrong with Anne's hand!

Marta

10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yea, plain old Joe is just fine! JoeJoe is what all my
    'Lil friends call me. Glad your keepin that Absolute
    "chilled" in that freezer! Sorry 'bout the Tiger's, but
    if we knew for sure how things were gonna come out there
    won't be much point in watching.

Often wondered what ever became of George Romney? I
    assume he passed on as he was a Politico back with the
    Kennedy's in the 60's. Son Mick is the Connect. Politician
    now I hear. He may have a bright Political future as well
    from how things are unveiling. And how did Johnny Cash
    manage to get all those car parts out of that Detroit
    GM plant as he was "building" that car famous in
    the SONG?

Pour a shot of that "Absolute" pour moi! I'll be right
    over.

MRDAD a.k.a. JOE
  11. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I'll be careful while I stitch that glass.

Yes, Joe - Charlotte is a strong name and I am a strong woman - what don't kill ya makes you stronger. The Lord and SMG keep "sifting" me.

I went out to do errands this afternoon and OH MY POOH it is a blustery day. But at last here in my part of KY the sun shines again on the old kentucky home.

I just want to tell all of you how welcome you've made me feel. The porch is one thing that I really look forward to every day. Friendships are so fickle with the normies out there. But here on the porch, I'm understood and loved. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Anne, were you bringing the quiche here, I want some!

Hugs all around, Charlotte or sees, or cc

P.S. I didn't have to edit this one (lol), so thought I'd come back , just to stay in tradition. [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2006]
  12. ckball

ckball New Member

I'm so glad you enjoyed the cinnamon rolls. I love em warm and soaked in icing. I use to work as a cook in my former life and I was the one who made the cinnamon rolls from scratch.

Anne- Jodie needs carpel tunnel surgery and my daughter had her surgery when I had my dental surgery.

My daughter is glad she did it. But it will take a while before she get full use back.

You could have both carpel issues and arthritis. My thumb does the clicking thing. I have osteo and RA

Joe-Joe- I love it! Thank you. My best male freind in VA was named Joe. I played on a pool league and he stole me from another team. My team mates were my social life. We would go out to eat or shows. They are going to Vegas in Dec.

I still keep in touch but miss them all so much. Joe was the best. Never anything romantic just great friends. He is a very cool guy- just like you.

You know how to ketchup wiff me on that project your talking about. I'm glad your fan

Charlotte- welcome to the porch- you fit right in.

I'm just on a break right now- took my girls for a walk, had dinner-ice cream- tried cereal but still need some practice. The ice cream is Cherrie Chocolate Cordial. So it is dairy and fruit and I heard chocolate is good for us now.

I have glass to foil and maybe solder. I made a abract type heart that will have a beveled pear shaped crystal in it.

See yas later-CK Carla
  13. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Oh boy! The BF sure knew what weekend to bring the Ty-
    rone home didn't he! He didn't learn "nuffin'", but
    you sure did. ALL babies are easy when someone else is
    doin' your work! (There's a Police Station around the
    corner from me ifin' ya need my help.)

MRDAD a.k.a. JOE
  14. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Boy I've been missing out today!

I'm in the middle of a wedding.. they are taking pictures so I had about 5 minutes to my self so checkin in quick. Nice mellow group - they are all probation officers and corrections officers.. you never know though ~ last group I had of teachers got pretty wild! Will check in later if I can... If not I'll see ya all on Monday. Sunday is my crash and burn day!

Love and hugs to all... dona
  15. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sorry everyone !!

I have been so busy today singing for a funeral and at a church gathering, etc. tht I missed all those wonderful cinnamon rolls. That would have been great. However, when one is not at the porch EARLY one misses out on all the goodies , I can see.

Anne, don't worry about that triplicate message I did the same thing as I recall not to long ago.

I had all these thought of what to write to you all and now they are gone -woosh !!!!

Linda - I hope your weather has improved for you finally and they cleaned up your ( and everyone elses mess) !!

I just had to check in to see if everyone was behaving themselves (he he). I'd be surprised if you all were esp Mrdad !BIG <>.

Hi CC - I love your name and your nick name.

Ckball - I think that was your picture I just peaked at. Very nice, I must say so. Sorry I missed your delicious sounding cinnamon rolls too.

Don't know how busy I will be tomorrow with going to church and getting ready to go out of town for a few days to party and drink those Ritas !! Still have some washing and stuff to do. However, I am glad it is not for to long so I don't have to pack much.

In case I do not get on tomorrow. I'll miss checking in with you all and I hope you all will be feeling well or better when I come back, if you are having problems now.

Lotsa blessings and warm hugs,

That Granni (Marilyn) or Cookie to Mrdad <>
  16. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Just 'cause we out here on the end of the Continent in San

Francisco does not mean we are in an Epicurean void! Aft-

er all, we invented not only Chinese fortune cookies,

but also that meal of all meals, RICE-A-RONI!! It's

just great wiff that Sour dough French bread!

Say hello to Tim Russert 4 me! Was 71 degrees here today

and it's 'posta be 62 at Lake Tahoe after it drops to 20

degrees tonite! The Donner's are gonna get cold tonite!

Tyrone's a great example for the argument in support of

either a bi-section or a tubal libation isn't he. (Sorry

SMG) "Multiple and fill the earth" Are we there yet??

Gonna think about Dinner. Ringing the bell now for the

Butler, "K"?

Joe a.k.a. MRDAD

17. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Another day...my how quickly they pass...what a difference a day makes...another day older and deeper in debt, St. Peter don't call me cause I can't go....somebody stop me..or maybe somebody pick up where I left off. Don't know why but sometimes I hear or think of a word and before I know it I've got a song playing in my head. Does that happen to you?

Anne, thanks for explaining "spotted dick". I have a tin of Bird's Custard Sauce in the pantry. I read a book entitled "Tea and Sympathy" by Anita Naughton and it was such fun. Have you heard of it? It's about the many adventures and happenings in an English Tea House in New York City..fun stories and recipes. Anyway, I'd checked it out of the library so I didn't remember if they talked about this pudding or not. From the book I discovered the wonderful Lyles Syrup...good stuff. Anyway, being the prissy gal that I am, I just love teas and such. Went to a fabulous afternoon High Tea when hubby and I visited Scotland a few years ago...absolutely lovely. His mum was Scottish and we took her and dad for their 50th wedding anniv. Anne, so sorry you're having trouble with your hand(s). Hope you are well soon.

Mrdad...Joe..for real???? Joe???? Oh now that makes you even more special as Joseph is my son's name....and if you knew him..you'd be very happy to share the same name. And, I don't know what took you so long to see my anniv. pic. Glad you like it. As for my hubby..poor guy get's really cold in the winter and has to protect his scalp from the sun in the scalding Southern summers, so he's got quite a collection of hats. I've always been attracted to balding men..not necessarily the completely shaved look. I mean the natural bald look. To me it's the perfect combination of masculinity and vulnerability...kinda sexy.

Thanks for asking about my grandkids. I really have to post a pic of the girls. Did I tell you that my son, Joe and wife, Suzanne, have 2 boys (7 and 6 yrs) and twin girls (3yrs). I'm running out of steam here but I'll briefly say that we've been on our knees praying for Myles, the oldest boy. He was in the hospital yesterday for a kidney biopsy and had to spend the night. Thank God the procedure went well. Myles has been having traces of blood in his urine for a few months and the doctors haven't been able to find the problem...hence, the biopsy. We should have results next week. He's such a brave little boy. Joe sent us a video of Myles in the hospital bed after the procedure. He was sucking on a multi-colored popsicle that his mom was holding and giving us the thumbs-up sign to let us know he's ok.

OK, this was longer than I planned...really wiped out now.

Good night all.

Hugs,

Lola
  18. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

OK I know I said I was done, but I just received this cute joke via email and had to post, especially in light of our recent visit from our beloved Sister Mary Gregory. Night all.

Little Zachary was doing very badly in math. His parents had tried everything. Tutors, mentors, flash cards, special learning centers. In short, everything they could think of to help his math.

Finally, in a last ditch effort, they took Zachary down and enrolled him in the local Catholic school. After the first day, little Zachary came home with a very serious look on his face. He didn't even kiss his mother hello. Instead, he went straight to his room and started studying. Books and papers were spread out all over the room and little Zachary was hard at work. His mother was amazed. She called him down to dinner.

To her shock, the minute he was done, he marched back to his room without a word, and in no time, he was back hitting the books as hard as before. This went on for some time, day after day, while the mother tried to understand what made all the difference.

Finally, little Zachary brought home his report card. He quietly laid it on the table, went up to his room and hit the books. With great trepidation, his Mom looked at it and to her great surprise, little Zachary got an "A" in math. She could no longer hold her curiosity.

She went to his room and said, "Son, what was it? Was it the nuns?"

Little Zachary looked at her and shook his head, no. "Well, then," she replied, was it the books, the discipline, the structure, the uniforms?

"WHAT WAS IT ALREADY?"

Little Zachary looked at her and said, "Well, on the first day of school when I saw that guy nailed to the plus sign, I knew they weren't fooling around."
  19. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Sorry the "lil Man is in the Hospital. How long will he
    have to stay? I did see the Pic of the two boys when you
    were wiff them in New Orleans (I think it was)?? Sur-
    prized they kept him in the hospital though! I'll def-
    inately keep positive thoughts for him.

That crucifix thing was an influence on many of us kids
    wasn't it!?

Maybe Hubby and I can get a group discount at the HAIR
    CLUB!! I can still do a decent "comb over"!

"Talk" on the 'morrow, Butler is here with my evening
    Tea,

MRDAD a.k.a. Joe
  20. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Hi all, just stopping by to say hi and let you know I didn't fall off the face of the world.

I've missed y'all and can't possibly read through all the posts I've missed.

Lolalee I hope everything turns out fine with you little grandson, it sounds like he is a trooper. Keep us posted.

Gretchen